Minx 52 for 23

I'm wondering if the scene with the carved apple works better in mono to show more detail?

Same here with the grey day but you've made the most of it. Good luck with the next 51 :)

I think everyone has had the difficulty with the grey days and rain. The muddy troden path is familiar to many areas I bet. First week down!

Good start to the 52 the Apple and the path are placed well in the frame

Everywhere's been so wet, dull and grey I'm amazed any of us have managed to get any decent shots in. Nice start to the 52....

Thanks for the comments I did consider B&W but I felt the apple got a bit lost, maybe I should have played with the contrast more.

This was the first idea I had for incomplete but I went out with LC2 and too some shots on his camera but have not done anything with them so I took this today instead.

incomplete by Alison White, on Flickr

Yep - both good theme shots :)

Wasn't sure which I prefered but then No2 hooked me :naughty:

Artificial + tech. I think this image meets both briefs. It's a good idea and nicely framed.

Area. Good Shot the path leads you through the picture, the apple/orchard sign adds some good foreground interest, the orchard itself is a bit thin, is it new?
Artificial works well for me well composed and exposed, clever idea for the tech.
Incomplete lots of colour and good detail.

Area. Good Shot the path leads you through the picture, the apple/orchard sign adds some good foreground interest, the orchard itself is a bit thin, is it new?
Baloo the orchard is indeed relatively new, it is a community orchard with just 2 row's of trees. I have not picked there myself. But have from the Heath which is closer.

Last edited:
Both nicely arranged and exposed, like the diagonal arrangement of the second, whats that craft called? Like cross stitch but you pull short lengths of wool through the holes??

Both nicely arranged and exposed, like the diagonal arrangement of the second, whats that craft called? Like cross stitch but you pull short lengths of wool through the holes??
The craft is latch hook, you do indeed pull wool through the holes in the canvas and then through its own loop to tie it off, it uses a hook with a latch hence the name, I guess. It's often used for rugs, this was a cushion kit and is now complete.

Love them both. I have a crystal ball but saving it for later in the year! :ROFLMAO:

First has the feel of a starry sky in the ball, on a lake as the foreground, with an great crop and a nicely blurred outer.

The light against the dark, and dark against the light in the three-quarters of the second feels like a nice example of chiaroscuro. :)

Nice knob, good of your husband to offer, or perhaps not.:)

Must look at getting one of those glass balls

Transparent, really like this shot, like the use of a wood in the ball.
You'll be happy to know I turned down Hubby's offer to pose for me.
I admire his bravery but value your discretion! I like the Knob shot, strong colours and good composition.

Nice knob shot too. Controlled the DOF nicely to isolate the knob from the BG, but keep detail in the black bracket too.

A rubber letter stamp - I haven't seen one of those for almost 50 years! Thank you!

Good subjects for the themes. I love the letter stamping - I would probably play with it for hours!

A rubber letter stamp - I haven't seen one of those for almost 50 years! Thank you!
I think that set may be that old, sadly most of them have dried up and are not rubbery anymore, and a couple had crumbled. The box is quite dated too.

Back