weekly Miss Cupcakes 52 09'ers Weeks 16, 26, 27 & 30 added

Well done for keeping going Miss C.

Poverty, Duo and Different all fit perfectly for the themes... really like Different. Low Down isn't really showing low down I'm afraid... it would fit straight really well (not our theme though ;))... I think getting the camera lower would have helped.

oooh......:bat:
Low down doesnt have to be a shot taken low down does it? Ive interpreted the theme as the subject being low down :D

Ive finally processed some shots and had a couple of days togging to catch up with my photo 52 :)

Week 21 - Opposites

I just had in my mind black and white with this theme. This shot was taken in NYC, subway. No.42. Opposites are black/white and small/large

Opposites.jpg

Week 23 - Satisfaction

New Year messages scribbled on Post it notes and pinned to a wall, in Times Square. I wonder if those dreams/wishes came true. Satisfaction in reading them and wondering if they came true

Satisfaction.jpg

Week 35 - Confusion

Took this one today. Lots of reflections, lines and shapes make for a confusing image :cautious:

Confused.jpg

:D... Low Down.. aha.. gotcha ;)...

Welcome back... looks like you had some fun out and about ...

Opposites... Love the tile texture in that shot... the size and colour differences between the 42 work well, and such a great number too.. the answer.. ;)

Satisfaction... That is some wall, and I wonder how many of the wishes came true ?? I'm afraid, for me, it need the writing to explain what it's about...

Smoke and no Mirrors... Certainly a smoking stack... I like the well worn look you've captured, personally, I'm not sure about the background, but I doubt you had any leeway.

Dark... A dark bottle, and loving the repeating reflections in the bottle... I wonder if a small crop off the top wouldn't give it a darker feel ? I can envisage a skeletal hand reaching from out of the darkness...

Easy... I'll have to take your word for it, that it's easy to navigate around NYC. I like that image, and if you didn't know, the background would make it clear you were in a large bustling city (even without the people)

Confusion... They sure do, and this one works very well. It took me a while to work out what we're looking at (ish...)... Excellent

Crowds... sure is... I'm left wondering what they are all looking at, Excellent

HighLights... Very clever, it fits the theme really well, but I'm afraid there's a little blurring from camera shake... which for me, has kinda spoilt the effect.

Well done for catching up on this lot

Thanks for your comments John. Agree with you totally :)

You'll be impressed now, Ive covered three weeks of themes this weekend ;)

Week 28 - Soft

A pile of soft fluffiness. Ive reduced the clarity too to also make it softer. Not very exciting I know. I am certainly not a macro master!

IMG_0075_zps5503bfaf.jpg

Then we have Week 29 - Health

Another macro of an apple :) An apple a day keeps the doctor away

IMG_0087_zpsda55b8a5.jpg

Lastly, Week 40 - Contrast

I had an opportunity for an excursion down some caves.

-0015_zps3b1a6544.jpg

Last edited:
Soft, it's certainly soft and fluffy ;).. I'm not sure the drop in clarity was needed, but then I clicked to see the large version and it looks better... Is that black surface reflective ? If so, that might have created an interesting reflection.

Health, it fits the theme, nice link to the little rhyme ;)... Macro is really hard to shoot and get the focus right, but I think you've just snuck the stalk into the plane of sharp focus, what were the shot settings ?

Contrast, some good strong contrasts in the walls caused by the shadows, and doorways too for that matter. Same with the floor and walls... so fits the theme well. I like the angles you've got in it too. Which caves system was this in Miss C ?

Soft - Wow... it seems to keep zooming out at me every time I stare at it :cool:

Health - Not quite focusing on the main part for me, but a very good effort, the rest of the image looks very nice with the composition you have gone with

Contrast - Some great texture caught there... loads of highlights and shadows, full of contrast (y)

Thank you you two :)

John, I am a novice at macro. Havent a clue really other than use a tripod and manual focus. Its not easy! Will post the settings I used for the apple later. Any advice from the macro master would be appreciated :)

ok Ive now checked.

the fluffy balls were F20 1/5 and autofocus (I thought I had it on manual)
the apple was F11 1/6 and manual focus

oh and the caves were in Chislehurst, 22 miles of them :)

Last edited:
I'm hardly a macro master ;)... just lots of practice. I think you have liveview on your camera, so best bet is to activate that, and zoom in on your key area, and adjust the position of the subject/camera until it's in focus.

There are a lot of caves at Chislehurst, I spent some time in my youth running around in them ;).

Back