North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Cheers Rich, its not very often you see the water so calm on Scammy, its a windy old 'ole, .......exif says taken at 4.04pm, but it was 3.04, so again, you were driving past when we were there ..............spooky! :runaway:........................:LOL:

That's very strange.

Cheers.

For me, a nice trip up to Malham Tarn area would be great :)

Wrong thread Andy.......Is JD round at your house? :whistle:

Edit- but then again, it could be right thread :confused:........a sort out of the threads could be in order me thinks :D

Last edited:
Wrong thread Andy.......Is JD round at your house? :whistle:

Edit- but then again, it could be right thread :confused:........a sort out of the threads could be in order me thinks :D

No JD tonight. I'm looking to get up early and get out before Jackie and Isabelle get up for some photography :D

Hmmmmm thinking I'm not in the right plave either... where is Malham Tarn then ??

Dates, Times, Folks :D

The meet thread hasn't been started yet, this is just the ideas thread (y)

Linky Not really a location for a day trip, though Dean :)

Cheers.

I quite fancy a trip up to Ribbleshead viaduct again and then down to Hawes

No JD tonight. I'm looking to get up early and get out before Jackie and Isabelle get up for some photography :D

The meet thread hasn't been started yet, this is just the ideas thread (y)

Linky Not really a location for a day trip, though Dean :)

Cheers.
Guess a day trip is pushing it... but as long as the date is okay I'll come up the night before and stay in a premier Inn :)

I quite fancy a trip up to Ribbleshead viaduct again and then down to Hawes

I fancy the Ribbleshead viaduct too Rob (y) but I think its one of them places where the weather, ie:- sunset, has to be perfect :)

quite fancy a day meet as night stuff is restricted locations like that we need to try mix it up a little :D

Watching I know I missed the other one, but am definitely up for a day time meet, as anyone mentioned another trip to the seaside, Whitby, Flamborough, Scarborough?

Sorry I ain't been around much guys. Just in the middle of a house move. Will definitely see you all in January, wherever we decide to meet.

I cant wait to pass my test and afford to drive as i am so deprived of all these locations at the moment, restricted to bus or train journeys

Anyone up for an over nighter in the lakes or snowdonia?? Was thinking April/May time, camping or B&B, couple of days togging and a few beers & BBQ ??

Just an idea.

I'd definitely be up for that Rich, know a few campsites in the lakes we've used, never been to Snowdonia but always open to somewhere new :)

I'd definitely be up for that Rich, know a few campsites in the lakes we've used, never been to Snowdonia but always open to somewhere new :)

Excellent, let's get something arranged then aye?!
Personally I think I'd prefer the Lakes as I feel there is more locations, but I keep threatening to do Snowdonia but never get round to it. To be fair snowdon can be done in the day so maybe later in the year when the days are longer that can be arranged ;-)

The link doesn't go to any specific wigwam site, which one did you stay at in the lakes?

The link goes directly to the Wild_Rose_Park_Wigwams, Appelby-in-Cumbria site (Ormside , Appelby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, CA16 6EJ)

These are only suggestions but we've stayed at a couple of sites. This one is next to Windermere, good walks along the bank and close to Low Wray Castle

Elterwater's a lovely spot with good walks over the hills to Grasmere. There's a few campsites Between Elterwater and Great Langdale, this being one of them, but we've never stayed there. Near Elterwater we usually 'wild camp' :), easy in a campervan :p

The other spot we quite like is here, its next to Brothers Water in the valley bottom on the Kirkstone Pass, about 20 mins walk from Ullswater.

Anyone up for an over nighter in the lakes or snowdonia?? Was thinking April/May time, camping or B&B, couple of days togging and a few beers & BBQ ??

Just an idea.

I have my holidays booked for next term which is april 2015 to march 2016 but i would be interested depending on dates costs etc

These are only suggestions but we've stayed at a couple of sites. This one is next to Windermere, good walks along the bank and close to Low Wray Castle

Elterwater's a lovely spot with good walks over the hills to Grasmere. There's a few campsites Between Elterwater and Great Langdale, this being one of them, but we've never stayed there. Near Elterwater we usually 'wild camp' :), easy in a campervan :p

The other spot we quite like is here, its next to Brothers Water in the valley bottom on the Kirkstone Pass, about 20 mins walk from Ullswater.

They all look great Phil, I'm happy to stay anywhere for one night if I'm honest, so I'll probably look for the cheapest !
Bit of walking sounds great, but I'm more of a "drive to location and shoot then drive on to the next" kind of guy. But I'll pack my boots in the car.....
One place I never got to on my visit last year was wastwater so a trip there would be nice.

Nice one Rob, I reckon it will be a Saturday to Sunday job, hopefully you can make it. I'll get some dates firmed up and get some costs sorted and then start a separate meet thread for it.

I will keep an eye out for it don't use the forum much so I'm watching this thread by email.

My first holiday booked is end of April start of May

Back