North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Looking forward to meeting you all in 2018.

Hope there are quite a few weekends away on the horizon.

Trying to keep my diary very unfilled for the time being.

I'm back in Leeds now and really want to get the camera out again in the new year.
I'd be up for a meet, maybe in Leeds one evening when it isn't pouring down / -10 degrees!

It seems to have died a death in here - no post in over 13 months.

Do any of you Leeds based people still meet up? I’d love to tag along and see if I can pick up some tips!

Chris

Thanks for the reply Phil - I had a quick look at your flickr and you’ve shot some great images!

Anybody else in our region up for it? Maybe a day in the dales or something?

Chris

Thanks for the reply Phil - I had a quick look at your flickr and you’ve shot some great images!

Anybody else in our region up for it? Maybe a day in the dales or something?

Chris

Thanks. My best mate across the road from me is also into photography but has mobility issues so have to think of short flat paths for him [emoji106].
Was thinking of a trip to Gordale Scar near Malham soon and a very early or late night trip to the Shambles in York.

It seems to have died a death in here - no post in over 13 months.

Do any of you Leeds based people still meet up? I’d love to tag along and see if I can pick up some tips!

Chris

Hiya Chris, only just seen this.

The main reason for the thread being dead is most of the group moved onto whatsapp, I'm not on it as it gets right on mi t*ts :banghead: :D but the wife is, so I'm still kept up to date with what the group have planned.

Andy @posiview is the main man, our great leader so to speak :p, I'll get him to pop along and if you're interested he can add you to the many groups he seems to set up! :LOL:

@Phil-1 Hiya Phil, long time no speak, was you not in the whatsapp groups once over?

If you want adding just give Andy a shout (y)

The main reason for the thread being dead is most of the group moved onto whatsapp, I'm not on it as it gets right on mi t*ts :banghead: :D but the wife is, so I'm still kept up to date with what the group have planned.

Andy @posiview is the main man, our great leader so to speak :p, I'll get him to pop along and if you're interested he can add you to the many groups he seems to set up! :LOL:

@Phil-1 Hiya Phil, long time no speak, was you not in the whatsapp groups once over?

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply and clarification regarding this thread. I would definitely be interested in any groups/photography activities in our area

Regards

Chris

Hi Phil

I'm not on whatsapp. But I might look into it.

Afternoon, All, yeah, it's been a bit quiet in here. We used to meet quite regularly.

So, Brimham Rocks seems to be a decent accessible location.

There are no significant meteor showers in the near future, and we've just missed a new moon. Next new moon on the 6 March and 8 March looks to be a decent dark sky.

So, who's in??

We could do some more lightpainting: orbs, domes, wire wool, OCF.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Afternoon, All, yeah, it's been a bit quiet in here. We used to meet quite regularly.

So, Brimham Rocks seems to be a decent accessible location.

There are no significant meteor showers in the near future, and we've just missed a new moon. Next new moon on the 6 March and 8 March looks to be a decent dark sky.

So, who's in??

We could do some more lightpainting: orbs, domes, wire wool, OCF.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

I'm in. Subject to work

I’d be interested in join you if that’s ok too ( subject to work ) ..

I might be able to make it.
I really need to get out and shoot sometime soon.

The 8th is looking better for me.

I thought you'd all blocked me due to my only having two Yorkshire grandparents! Now I find it's because you have sold your souls to farceblog

Probably up for another visit to Brimham. Did anyone keep the number for the rangers so we can get a car park extension again?

OK, so 8th March is a waxing crescent moon so good for star trails. No significant meteor activity, though. I don't have the number @morfis . There are several areas along Brimham Rocks Road that we can park in.

All welcome (y)

Cheers.

I’m interested in this. But not have done star trails before is someone willing to help me?

Absolutely, Phil.

Equipment wise, camera :) (with internal intervalometer, or an external intervalometer), lens as wide a possible, widest aperture the better and tripod.

Cheers.

Damn I'm in Anglesey that weekend or I would have joined you.

Not sure why but I'm not getting notifications on this thread.

Canon 7D2
The widest lens I have is a 17-40mm would that be ok?

Yes, it will be fine.
You'll find that everyone is friendly and willing to help you. People usually bounce ideas around and end up trying 'different' things. As long as you are open minded and enjoy some jolly banter you'll be fine with whatever kit you have.

Canon 7D2
The widest lens I have is a 17-40mm would that be ok?
You've just reminded me that the widest I have now after going full frame is 24mm. I used to shoot 17 on crop so equivalent of 27.3mm. I always found 17 too long for what "I" wanted so bought a crop sensor fish eye instead. You'll still be able to capture some cracking shots, but may find yourself wanting that little bit extra. I know I'm going to miss it but will work with the 24mm the best I can.

Evening all, suffice to say my attendance is weather dependant, specifically if there is clouds I’ll be postponing my trip to later on. Cloudy skies and star trails don’t work well together

Cheers

I hardly post on here anymore, in fact not done so in about 2 years, I hardly touch my camera these days but would be interested joining a meet locally, i do miss @Phil-D ha

I have to withdraw, camera just blew over and is in need of repair. I you meet up I hope all goes well.

Cheers.

Noooo - My biggest fear when out with my tripod.

Hope its not too expensive.

I have to withdraw, camera just blew over and is in need of repair. I you meet up I hope all goes well.

Cheers.
Hope you get it sorted Andy, was looking forward to catching up.

Is everyone else still up for the meet?
Who's got what for light painting and the likes?
John.

Think we should cancel this after checking the weather. Rain from 6pm and 100% cloud coverage.

Cloud need not be a problem but four hour drive for rain doesn't appeal. Postponement seems sensible.

Back