Motorbikes

I've not been out on my bike for a week or so as long covid has hit again, leaving me feeling too weak. Your 'risk of ice' is helping!
Surgery for me next week so no riding or driving for six weeks :(
I'm similar in that I've just had a new hip fitted, so I suspect a few more weeks before being able to swing the leg over the bike......frustration would be a understatment, but needs must:oops: :$

Get well and a speedy recovery to you all.

Too small, otherwise there would be an answer on the FS thread!!! (Need XXL at the moment. :()

I was a tight fit in some XLs before!

I got rid of my Bandit 600 before lockdown, as I wasn't commuting in traffic anymore. Really missing biking now, but it's hard to justify when I will probably never need to commute again! I really fancy an MT-07 with an akrapovic exhaust for the odd weekend ride.

My bike parking space is very limited and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put the old girl to bed, so ...

Any excuse init :)

Pretty much the same engine as the Bobber, just a different set of curves. Rather different geometry though!!!

Glad you had a great time. Did you get a chance on a Tiger as well?

Pretty much the same engine as the Bobber, just a different set of curves. Rather different geometry though!!!

Glad you had a great time. Did you get a chance on a Tiger as well?

No, I spent all day on the Scrambler. Beautiful bike, position-wise it felt like mine to sit on, but that was where the similarity ended. Being only 1.74m, the bike was a tad too tall for me. It makes an awesome sound!

I‘m going to upload some videos to Insta later, one of which shows me losing it in one VERY deep puddle 595B4F84-7BB7-4AFD-A766-1C58A0349A33.jpeg

It makes an awesome sound!

Trying to resist the temptation for a de-cat and some less restrictive cans. Managing well so far but can't guarantee anything...

My summer of biking gets better and better - covid has receded again, but mum is in hospital so I've been away for almost 2 weeks, and this afternoon I'm having steroid jabs into my toe joints, so will be unable to walk for several days, then I get my second covid jab which I'm fearing will hit hard again, then back to London to be mum to my mum. I'm hoping to nip out for half an hour shortly, once I've got the food shopping done...

off for a quick 190 miles round north wales tomorrow now we have a bit of sunshine on my day off...love it

Have an awesome time!

My summer of biking gets better and better - covid has receded again, but mum is in hospital so I've been away for almost 2 weeks, and this afternoon I'm having steroid jabs into my toe joints, so will be unable to walk for several days, then I get my second covid jab which I'm fearing will hit hard again, then back to London to be mum to my mum. I'm hoping to nip out for half an hour shortly, once I've got the food shopping done...

Sorry to hear about that. Enjoy your new bike when you can.

My wife was bad after her first AZ jab but felt nothing at all from the second so you might ok, Steve.

Shame it hit every branch on the way down from the top of the ugly tree (as far as the new parts go)!

On a positive note (for C&C purposes!), I do like the look of the pipes.

I was up near Hinckley today so had to pop into the Triumph Factory Experience of course. What’s more entry is free now.
Some beautiful bikes on display. As we went round my girlfriend kept saying, I prefer that one to yours!
Knowing that there was an on site shop, I checked out what I’d treat myself to, a £20 neck tube.
I came away without a neck tube, but with a lovely new jacket. To add to the collection!

Sign up to Total Triumph's newsletters and they have a fair few special offers and an auction site (you know the one!) shop with massive reductions on last year's clothes and some accessories.

Sign up to Total Triumph's newsletters and they have a fair few special offers and an auction site (you know the one!) shop with massive reductions on last year's clothes and some accessories.

Already on it!

Reactions: Nod
Screenshot_20210523-013747_Chrome.jpg

I know it says "peddle" rather than "pedal" - blame the author!!! (Possibly an American.)

Last edited:
Hands up if you’re guilty of any of these!

Meant in a tongue in cheek way.

Hands up to splayed feet (not easy to keep the toes tucked in on a Rocket!!!) in the past and to chicken strips (I've found that you live longer if you stay well inside your talent limits...) My Winter gloves are massive sheepskin gauntlets so I think I can be excused for not tucking them in to my cuffs!

Oh yes!!!!

Tiger ears and tail! :banana:

... the Harley Riders used to hate me on my Dyna Custom. :)

And the cyclists used to titter to themselves as they passed you? :p:p:p

And the cyclists used to titter to themselves as they passed you? :p:p:p

Was always entertaining in the traffic light GP to see the sports bike rider crouching over his tank alongside (or slightly behind) me sitting upright ... they are not all slow or ridden by dodderers.

... and no-one had told me that Sportsters don't handle either as both pegs showed. ;)

Don't know why but Sportsters make my left hip agony. Tried 3 different configurations and they all did it. :( Not all bad - last time I tried one on, I ended up with my first Bonneville!
Just looking at a sports bike makes my wrists ache!

Last edited:
Back