Mozthecat 52 for 2020

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well as mentioned in the sign up thread this is to help ensure I do get out the house occasionally now I am working from home. This week for the local theme I decided to visit a local village church I often drive by and think “ I should photograph that at some point”. This I duly did, but upon reviewing the shots found them quite mediocre so have used filters to present something interesting to me(I have also included the original for comparison) and Get something on the board at least. This is also the first time I have really tried affinity on the iPad having bought it a couple of years ago and ignored it since.

2020 week1 local by J P, on Flickr

2020 week 1 original by J P, on Flickr

Well, I quite like these drawing style presets / filters. I use them occasionally for my cosplay photos, especially when I have too much of the same shot. So I agree with you on #1 :)
I don't know afinity, but does it have a straightening tool? The tower isn't vertical (and I suspect it is in real life). I might also have cloned out the foilage on the right above the roof as it's not really adding anything to the image.

But all in, a good start to your 52.

#1 for me Jon, purely for the processing. (y)

Welcome Jon, and if you stick with it the 52 will certainly get you using your camera as well as your grey matter from time to time :)

I don't usually like heavy post-processing but in this instance I do; it gives the image the look of either a really old and faded print or a drawing. Maybe a little straightening would work but again, for some reason, the off balance look adds to the aged feel. Good luck with your 52 (y)

I prefer the way number 1 has been done, but maybe darkened down just a touch. How do you find affinity ???? was going to have a play myself with the trial but I'm so used to Photoshop after all these years.

I quite like the sketch effect of your first image, both versions are good but as others have said need a little straightening.

A good creative start to the year :)

Super kick off to your 52 challenge Jon!(y)
I like the processing a lot...lends a mysterious edge to the image, which works well with the subject.
Nicely done, and I'm looking forward to your more creative images from you throughout the coming weeks!

Nice start, the first is interesting, but I prefer the second image myself :)

Good start to your 52 I do like the first one for the processing but prefer No 2 although I may have been tempted to crop the rhs slightly to lose the tree.

Interesting processing for #1, but is it straight? :)

Back