weekly Mr Slade's 2018 Photo52 - An unbearable resemblance to reality - Abundance

Well there Mr Bond...
Over - I have no idea what it is supposed to symbolise, but it certainly makes you look at it.
it seems more a piece of art than photography, but then we can all be guilty of that on occasions.
Age(ing) - Is it (as David suggests) a composite? The image of the kid certainly looks aged, it looks like the kind of shot you have from childhood on holiday.

I don't quite get your over shot, but I'm old enough to know that I don't have to understand everything... :)

Clever idea for age, I assume that's older you standing in front of a projection of younger you?

I don't quite get your over shot, but I'm old enough to know that I don't have to understand everything... :)

Clever idea for age, I assume that's older you standing in front of a projection of younger you?
It certainly is a projected image... I tried the technique for my 365 and felt it came out rather effectively

Ooh, I got here just in time for your explanations so I don't have to puzzle over them! :D Actually, I had kinda got the theme for Over after looking closely at the details and I love the bold arty look, while Age(ing) is a clever idea and put together well. I do like the grainy effect too, which adds to the sense of an old image :clap:

Ooh, I got here just in time for your explanations so I don't have to puzzle over them! :D Actually, I had kinda got the theme for Over after looking closely at the details and I love the bold arty look, while Age(ing) is a clever idea and put together well. I do like the grainy effect too, which adds to the sense of an old image :clap:

tbh i can't remember where i got the idea of projected images from, but here's a link to my failed 365 where i think i tried it first https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-i-have-a-plan-106.643829/page-4#post-7757922

I've just looked through them ; it's an effect I have never seen before but really enjoyed and the possibilities are huge (y)

hardly showing my age?? but Adventure 4 of Sapphire and Steel featured an entity that could 'put' ppl into photographs, i do wonder if i got a little inspiration from that concept

Really good idea for your Age image, I like the grain helping to show the age of the projected image and yourself as you are now also being affected by the grain of the film projection.

Nice one Frank

Week 06 - Sharp

39804474944_a06dbb55ba_c.jpg

Well there Mr Bond...

Sharp - Yup, that works. Not something we've had for the theme yet either :) Somehow you've managed to pull off an odd combination of hi-key and lo-key in the same image. I guess by pushing the contrast. Clever.
Guard - Chuckle. What more is there to say. it's very 'You'.

Loving Guard :)

Always interesting images Frank :D

Really like sharp, bright whites and still lots of detail in the blacks. Guard made me chuckle :D

Really like your 'Sharp" image Frank. Nice idea and great angle for the shot

Well there Mr Bond...

Sharp - Yup, that works. Not something we've had for the theme yet either :) Somehow you've managed to pull off an odd combination of hi-key and lo-key in the same image. I guess by pushing the contrast. Clever.
Guard - Chuckle. What more is there to say. it's very 'You'.

thanks Tim (y)

2 more excellent shots Kev, guard made me chuckle too. They work very well and I wouldn't change anything.

thanks Michael, i considered painting out a few floating bits but felt it took so much away

Loving Guard :)

Always interesting images Frank :D

Really like sharp, bright whites and still lots of detail in the blacks. Guard made me chuckle :D

Really like your 'Sharp" image Frank. Nice idea and great angle for the shot

my first idea used extension tubes to get in real close but it wasn't working so left it for a rethink

Sharp - Great take on the theme

Guard - Love it love the lighting an composition.

thanks, that's literally how the light fell from a patio door (y)

Sharp - loving the attention on the sharp needle by the use of very light and dark on other areas of the image.

Guard - He appears to be asleep.

Pete

Age - clever idea I thought it looked like a projected image.
Sharp - I like it good detail where its needed and lots of contrast
Guard - made me smile

Sharp is a great photo, very clean and contrasty, nothing to criticise (y)

And your guard photo... erm... I like the little details like the lego top without hands lying on the floor!

Age - clever idea I thought it looked like a projected image.
Sharp - I like it good detail where its needed and lots of contrast
Guard - made me smile

Sharp is a great photo, very clean and contrasty, nothing to criticise (y)

And your guard photo... erm... I like the little details like the lego top without hands lying on the floor!

I'm glad you mentioned the white top with no hands... (y)

Two good shots and on theme Frank, I do like Abundance as we are like it too. Loads of cups but only two of us, I see the dog is keeping an eye on you too from the mug :cautious::shifty:

such a cute mug isn't it... though the Venom one creeps me out

Really good “Abundance” presentation Sir, bang on theme and something I guess most of us can associate with.(y)

George.

Abundance

I like the mugs, they have a his and her's look about them. Her's, nice and neatly stored on the top shelf, his just put in all willy nilly.

Sharp - works for the theme and is nicely lit and spot on for the composition.
Guard(ed) - a nice fun image, not much more to say on that.
Thick - good interpretation of the theme, processing works well, tho i can see 3 tiny little dust spots that are distracting.
Abundance - a good shot and something that most of us have in our home.

Nice bit of Abundance there - we have just as many mugs. They are a nightmare as relatives always end up buying them for us for some reason! On theme

Well Kev,
Thick - I'm guessing maybe 2 of the 3, it's very you, moreso than...
Abundance - On theme, it has your penchant for an angle, but it doesn't feel you. Maybe because it isn't dark / moody.
Not complaining or anything, it's just unexpected.

Thick - I think you loose some of the thickness of the dictionary in the thickness of the setting but there is certainly a lot of thickness going on.
Abundance - a lot of mugs and quite a variety too I like the quirky angle. I hope that's just the camera angle or you need to sort that out before it falls down.

Back