My 52 - Updated *Week 30 - Colour*

I really like this shorty, it is nice and clear and I like the reflection that I can hardly make out but still try to! :D

I would like to have seen this shot with the ceiling rose part of the light fitting in the shot, but that is just me!!

well done, hope you feel better soon ...drink or eat bio yoghurts!!

:clap: :clap:

Just catching up now Shorty :)

Relationships - you definitely chose the right picture, just a step away from a great picture (y)

Poverty - we take clean water for granted and forget that this is not always availbale for animals (although our 2 cats seem to prefer to drink out of puddles - not that we get many here - or the swimming pool, go figure :shrug:) As someone has already said, it looks like a third world piece and I really like the tightness of the composition :clap::clap:

Up - yes, the rest of the ceiling fixture would be nice, but that's just a minor niggle. It's nice and sharp and I really like the reflection. :clap:

I hope you feel better soon, take lots of Vitamin C and pro biotic drinks like Angela says. Or else :nono: :D

You mean, like this? - I don't have any 'inbetween' shots of either whole fitting or the close-up I have as, yesterday, looking up brought on headaches and I didn't fancy a headache much :LOL:
I can re-shoot tomorrow though, and do an 'inbetween shot'

577ffd62.jpg

Can I just add, the dog's at the rescue do get clean water, every morning and everytime it needs topping up the pen. That's an old watering bowl thing they have in there that they once used They have a couple of them lying around. - Just wanted to clarify that before people thought poor rescue dogs get nothing :LOL:

Last edited:
I think you deserve the award this week for the person who's suffered most to get their shot.

:1st:

It's clean and stylish. I like the graphic quality and the fact that the reflection is there but not intrusive. :clap::clap:

Get better soon - hope you're taking all the good advice. My 'good' advice usually involves hot toddies, etc, but perhaps not for headaches. :LOL:

Jean

:agree: well done.

Well you got your shot and that's a start...

Sorry to hear your not well...and who want's to take photo's when your ill. So well done for making to effort...:clap:

It fits the theme and works quite well, so it was worth it.(y)

Letter. This was hard and easy at the same time. Yet I still didn't
1. get the shot I want
2. get a good shot.

And for what reason? I'm lazy :(

I did take about 15shots for this, and the first one was 'the best' for this week's task, however in saying that there is plenty wrong with it. I used too high an ISO so it's noisy, it's too soft and it's boring.
The first two points I tried to fix by re-shooting and changing those points, but the shots weren't what I wanted - again, it's something simple to re-create the shot but I've been unmotivate and lazy this week.

Oh, and I converted it to B+W to try and salvage how badly soft the picture is :bang:

Anyway, here it is:
3427740293_064343a405.jpg

Shorty if you had gone the other end of the keyboard then you could have got an OK shot!!! (check it out):LOL:

Seriously this is a really hard week IMO and you have delivered a shot that meets the theme, I like the way you've picked out only only a few letters to highlight rather than the whole thing. I also like the B&Wness. well done :clap: :clap:

Shorty works for me (y) The B&W and noise works really well on that high tech looking (mac ???) keyboard. A good interpretation of the theme, and Angela's right, there's a great OK shot at the other end :LOL:

Sounds like your struggling for photographic motivation at the moment Shorty:shake:. Stick with it you'll come through the other end ok.... (y)

If you've proved one thing it's that even when your low you can still get a shot that fits the theme and despite you're misgivings fits the theme. :clap:

Store it up and do a reshoot if you (we) get the chance!

Mark(y)

a starighten and a crop in PS and i think you could make more of this pic, however overall i agree with Mark :D

I'll head for the OK shot today if I can get everything right (y) thanks.

Mark, you've hit the nail on the head, I really am struggling, I'm finding this whole 52week thing hard as it's really making me have to step out of my 'comfort zone' of candid animal shots, and even then I was never great at them, which is fine. So stepping up my game is proving a real challenge, and sometimes I'll have ideas, lots of ideas - but have no clue how to get those from ideas to actual results:shrug: which is annoying.

Thanks for the comments, though guys - appreciate them, will try and get a reshoot done soon.

Another catch up :)

Relationships: Prefer the first shot, if the eye had been a little sharper then that would have been ace! However the image really conveys a trust and bond between dog and owner which is what its all about (y)

Poverty: Simple effective and the empty bucket could represent so many other forms of poverty - agree a little contrast upping would improve it a little but I like its starkness!

Up: Love the detail in the reflection - thought it was a bike wheel first off :) Clever spot - nice semi abstract :D

Letter: Id love a bit more contrast and a slight straighten - then, for me at least, it'd be spot on :) Good idea though :) Look forward to your OK :)

This was definitely a tough week so congratulate yourself for getting something in at all :clap:

High ISO will always make an image appear soft and I don't think it is as bad as you think. I can clearly see that the Q is in focus.

I think you should look at this week's shot and compare it to the shots you were taking at the start and I think you'll see there has been a definite improvement (I can see there is a marked improvement). So you might think you've been lazy but you are starting to look at things in a completely different way and that's good :clap:

Here is my 'OK' shot.
I don't know how to use the straightening tool in PS:bonk:, so it's not straight!

Again not the greatest shot, I couldn't get the focus quite right cos of the colouring of the keyboard vs the lighting in the room, was rather misleading as in/on camera it looked in focus, so this is the only in-focus shot there was....

3431385254_e1296f3b24.jpg

And Simon, thanks very much for your encouraging words :):ty:

Again not the greatest shot, I couldn't get the focus quite right cos of the colouring of the keyboard vs the lighting in the room, was rather misleading as in/on camera it looked in focus, so this is the only in-focus shot there was....

I was surprised how difficult it is to get a decent shot of a keyboard - I tried it earlier in the challenge - so I sympathise. Having said that, I do like this shot - the softening at the front of the image looks good. The highlights at the sides of the keys gives them definition. (y)

btw - 'straight' would have been less interesting. :)

It's good to improve on the togging skills, but don't be too hard on yourself. You're getter better all the time. :)

Jean

Not OK, fab!!!,

I agree with Jean, I like the angle, focus and colouring.

Super :clap: :clap:

Bottom left distracts a little but other than that its a good image, fitting the theme well.

well done.

The angle helps make the image, so don't worry about straightening. The front edge is a little distracting, but the image works very well.

Bottom left distracts a little but other than that its a good image, fitting the theme well.

well done.

I agree but you stop being hard on yourself...:nono:

I think your getting better all the time...and we all need to get out of our comfort zone sometimes to see what we are capable of...(y)

So you stick with it...your better than you think...;)

Week 15

Well, yesterday I decided to stretch out my comfort zone and headed down to the small skatepark area in the local park. What I'm annoyed about with this shot is 1. I just told them to do what they want and I'll just snap. Which is all well and good. And they did. Except I WISH they told me they were gonna go 2at the same time, cos with this shot I woulda zoomed in more, I woulda positioned myself more. And I woulda asked them to go again and again until I got a shot I liked.

However, reality of it was, I was left kneeling facing the camera on the ramp and just waiting for whoever to come along. They did and I only JUST realised there were two of them - the theme popped into my mind and I snapped. - and that was the only time they went two together too :(

But, here is my shot :)
3446585119_cdbca9aea4.jpg

I think this is a great shot, and considering they are teenagers, I think getting them to comply to anything is pretty amazing.:LOL: :LOL:

The shot meets the theme, is nice and clear and there is s certain symmetry in the boys movement/stance that is interesting to look at.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very well done :clap: superb timing and what a great shot for the theme (y)

nothing wrong with that shot. You've caught the moment perfectly!

I think this is a great shot, and considering they are teenagers, I think getting them to comply to anything is pretty amazing.:LOL: :LOL:

The shot meets the theme, is nice and clear and there is s certain symmetry in the boys movement/stance that is interesting to look at.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't say or add any more. Well done:clap:

:agree: Please take note of all people who think this is a great shot from you this week...(y)

I said you were better than you thought...:clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree (apart from a slight crop to the right, sorry :() and you are not the only one who seems to be in a bit of a trough of despair at the moment. I've replies to a few today who are feeling the same way. Maybe it's just that stage in the challenge where we need to get our second wind and go back to our first post and read through it to see how far we have come.

The Letter shot, I prefer the second one :clap::clap:

Sorry it's taken a while to catch up. the Duo shot is great, excellent timing to get that! what camera settings did you use?

That's great timing and a very nice shot. For me, the best thing is you have learned from stepping out of your comfort zone and could visualize how you would have re-shot for improvement. That's the best part of this challenge in my eyes. Very well captured indeed. I am wondering if it would look good as a high contrast grainy mono, but that's just me!

This week I really completely forgot about the task, aswell as once remembering not having ANY ideas. So I've gone for a really boring shot - I didn't even intentionally take it for this, but looking through my pics from being up at the rescue this morning I HAD to find one that even in an out of the box way, fitted in with the theme. So luckily there was one that is in the box, but perhaps only just?

The gorgeous model is a lad called Simba. He'd want to be credited I feel :LOL:

Anyway, here it is
3473007045_d7189b8742.jpg

Longing for his pal Gucci to stop being such a tennis ball obsessed girl and to try and snatch his manly toy from him :LOL:

Last edited:
Back