My most viewed photo on Flickr yesterday......... Part 2

I agree Geof but unfortunately my eyesight at present is not good enough so I have to rely on auto focus. Oh the joys of ageing!

do you wear prescription lenses for both eyes...i wear light prescription and have set my eyepiece correction on the camera to suit me looking through my glasses
not always a solution though...
cheers
geof

Yes Geof, prescription lenses for about 25 years now but for the last 5 years cataracts appeared and have got progressively worse. Had an eye test last week and they have at last referred me to the doctor so hopefully by the end of the year something will be done.

At least I can still lead a normal life, some poor blighters can’t even get out of bed so I’m very lucky really.

Yes Geof, prescription lenses for about 25 years now but for the last 5 years cataracts appeared and have got progressively worse. Had an eye test last week and they have at last referred me to the doctor so hopefully by the end of the year something will be done.

At least I can still lead a normal life, some poor blighters can’t even get out of bed so I’m very lucky really.

sorry to hear that Paul...hope you get the best procedure...and soon
cheers
geof

sorry to hear that Paul...hope you get the best procedure...and soon
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof, it’s not so bad i can still see and got my health otherwise. I’m dreading the procedure when it eventually happens as I hate anything going anywhere near my eyes – yes I need to man up!

The way they were talking it should be 6 to 9 months waiting.

But at least I can still get out and about with my cameras.

Last edited:
894 Views for this snap.

Just a simple shot taken from the ferry boat approaching the famous Alcatraz prison at San Francisco. Bit of Grainy/Grunge added during PP work plus a very slight Sepia Toning, no particular reason other that I thought it kinda suited the subject.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.
Alcatraz-90151 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Thanks Geof, it’s not so bad i can still see and got my health otherwise. I’m dreading the procedure when it eventually happens as I hate anything going anywhere near my eyes – yes I need to man up!

i know some folks that have had it and didnt find the procedure stressful, just the waiting.
dont use the term man up, women have fears as well...:)
although i too would not be comfortable in waiting for it..
l have seen the procedure on tv where children in third world countries get their eyes treated in what is no more i think than a field hospital
someone turns up for a day and everyone queues up and gets there eye done..one at a time of course
i have only been in hospital for an appendix, broken nose, and in 2012 19 doses of radiotherapy for prostate cancer..the most uncomfortable bit was the biopsies prior to the radio..
the consultant who was doing the biopsies took about 6 a side on the prostate under local anaesthetic...which hurt more than the tissue collection
as he neared the end of the session he said...there is a big bit..he was screening the proceedure via xray...which i am going to take 2 more samples
ok i said.,.go ahead..no charge,...he said no i do these ones free...i said ..what i mean is i wont charge you
he was chinese and thought that was hilarious
had a sore bum for about a week
its all free Paul...the most advanced medicine in the world...free to us
enjoy!!

My landlord recently had this procedure, he has gone from wearing thick old glasses to no corrective lenses at all. He was not looking forward to it but says it's the best operation he's ever had.

My landlord recently had this procedure, he has gone from wearing thick old glasses to no corrective lenses at all. He was not looking forward to it but says it's the best operation he's ever had.

Thanks Ben. I know that it will be good for me but I can’t stop dreading it at the same time.

i know some folks that have had it and didnt find the procedure stressful, just the waiting.
dont use the term man up, women have fears as well...:)
although i too would not be comfortable in waiting for it..
l have seen the procedure on tv where children in third world countries get their eyes treated in what is no more i think than a field hospital
someone turns up for a day and everyone queues up and gets there eye done..one at a time of course
i have only been in hospital for an appendix, broken nose, and in 2012 19 doses of radiotherapy for prostate cancer..the most uncomfortable bit was the biopsies prior to the radio..
the consultant who was doing the biopsies took about 6 a side on the prostate under local anaesthetic...which hurt more than the tissue collection
as he neared the end of the session he said...there is a big bit..he was screening the proceedure via xray...which i am going to take 2 more samples
ok i said.,.go ahead..no charge,...he said no i do these ones free...i said ..what i mean is i wont charge you
he was chinese and thought that was hilarious
had a sore bum for about a week
its all free Paul...the most advanced medicine in the world...free to us
enjoy!!

‘ear Geof you calling me an “old tart”? (your first sentence) :(;)

The only time I’ve been to hospital for myself (last year) was for xrays, blood tests, some scanner thing and treatment of antibiotics. So nervous doesn’t come into it. But thanks Geof. You and Ben have helped with your reassurances, many thanks to you both.

That's a great shot Ma'am, well composed with some really good vibrant colours.(y)

George.

That brings back a lot of memories

ah the smell of castrol R...somewhere there must be a tin just waiting to be captured
cheers
geof

Thank you, chaps! It's a great collection assembled by three generations of the same family and I found it extremely photogenic. Glad you like the image :)

Thank you, chaps! It's a great collection assembled by three generations of the same family and I found it extremely photogenic. Glad you like the image :)
was that on the isle of man
i have been to the TT there...1963....and thought of going back again this time to enjoy the scenery etc
what family was that...are they connected to motor sport??
cheers
Geof..not Duke though..:)

was that on the isle of man
i have been to the TT there...1963....and thought of going back again this time to enjoy the scenery etc
what family was that...are they connected to motor sport??
cheers
Geof..not Duke though..:)

You would find some parts of the island haven't changed much in 50+ years, Geof :) The TT fortnight is very busy indeed but the Manx Grand Prix (or 'Festival of Racing') in late August is a bit quieter and there seem to be more vintage bikes among the visitors. If you're still interested in the bikes you could combine a sight-seeing trip with a couple of days watching the racing, or the practice week beforehand would be quieter.

The family name is Corkish and the youngest is the teenage grandson of the man who started the collection. Not connected with motor sport, as far as I know, but they also collect old farm machinery.

Edit: keeping this vaguely on topic, the fuel cans were my most viewed again yesterday :)

Last edited:
You would find some parts of the island haven't changed much in 50+ years, Geof :) The TT fortnight is very busy indeed but the Manx Grand Prix (or 'Festival of Racing') in late August is a bit quieter and there seem to be more vintage bikes among the visitors. If you're still interested in the bikes you could combine a sight-seeing trip with a couple of days watching the racing, or the practice week beforehand would be quieter.

The family name is Corkish and the youngest is the teenage grandson of the man who started the collection. Not connected with motor sport, as far as I know, but they also collect old farm machinery.

Edit: keeping this vaguely on topic, the fuel cans were my most viewed again yesterday :)

thanks
yes practice is quieter...i met some racers then as you can chat and look at the bikes being prepared
i did row a boat in the sea at douglas when i was there..
have you not done a spot of photography at the racing
back to the vagueness of topicality
cheers
geof

thanks
yes practice is quieter...i met some racers then as you can chat and look at the bikes being prepared
i did row a boat in the sea at douglas when i was there..
have you not done a spot of photography at the racing
back to the vagueness of topicality
cheers
geof

I loved taking photos of the TT and the racing on the smaller Southern 100 circuit many years ago, back on film, but don't have a great interest in it these days. I enjoy the atmosphere around the island, but some of the roads become quite dangerous with wannabe racers riding beyond their ability so I have mixed feelings these days :cautious:

Back