My new studio

Great thread with a great shed! (y)

I want one!

Good luck with it, you've worked hard, I hope it serves you well. :clap:

cheers Wayner! (y)

cheers cowasaki! (y)
hope you get back to yours soon - and pictures too!

I was selling a sand blasting cabinet and the proceeds were going to buy the paint (with the cabinet leaving clearing a space). The person didn't come back so the momentum was lost. Still will get it sorted :) I did get a 6 foot high dummy today though to practice my lighting with :LOL:

I was selling a sand blasting cabinet and the proceeds were going to buy the paint (with the cabinet leaving clearing a space). The person didn't come back so the momentum was lost. Still will get it sorted :) I did get a 6 foot high dummy today though to practice my lighting with :LOL:

crikey I remember that - twas ages ago!
time to hit fleabay with it? :shrug:

to say I was somewhat jealous of your new studio would be... rather the understatement lol - I am looking forward to seeing some shots however :)

What more could you want right? Its great, you need a pat on the back!

So whens the tp party planned for the studio warming?

to say I was somewhat jealous of your new studio would be... rather the understatement lol - I am looking forward to seeing some shots however :)

cheers Rob (y)
can't wait to start

What more could you want right? Its great, you need a pat on the back!

So whens the tp party planned for the studio warming?

cheers Andy (y)
I did think of inviting everyone - had visions of a tP flash-mob - you know what togs are like if there's free champagne on offer :naughty:

:clap:Outstanding work!
Many thanks for posting the progress reports and updates, it's been great to watch/read.
The finish quality is also BRILLIANT!
Just wish my garden was big enough to fit a shed like that...I'd move into it to get peace and quiet never mind build a studio!!!:LOL:

:clap:Outstanding work!
Many thanks for posting the progress reports and updates, it's been great to watch/read.
The finish quality is also BRILLIANT!

cheers nikonal! (y)

odd thing is the background isn't that smooth, but the lighting always makes it look smooth
I guess that's what matters

Just wish my garden was big enough to fit a shed like that...I'd move into it to get peace and quiet never mind build a studio!!!:LOL:

hee hee never occurred to me!:nuts:

hee hee never occurred to me!:nuts:

:cautious: ...at least you got choices now Mike... :LOL:

08.gif

just a quick 'great shed' post, but also thanks for the thread, have been reading it all the way through, great to see project progression. Reckon you will have some fun in there.

Well done

just a quick 'great shed' post, but also thanks for the thread, have been reading it all the way through, great to see project progression. Reckon you will have some fun in there.

Well done

cheers dnwsmith! (y)
it's been a lot of fun building it
but now the real fun starts :)

A brilliant read, if only I had the space...humm maybe I could build one down the bottom of the garden??

Really good thread. :jealous: Well done on the build (y)

Look forward to seeing some pics ..... of your 1st photo shoot. :)

Paul

Great studio mate! very well done!
why did you use black on one wall? why not keep it all white. excuse my dumbness if there is a logical answer staring me in the face. reason i am asking is when i get more funds i want to finish of mine but i have painted mine all white.

A brilliant read, if only I had the space...humm maybe I could build one down the bottom of the garden??

thanks! (y)
yup that's just what I did!

Really good thread. :jealous: Well done on the build (y)

Look forward to seeing some pics ..... of your 1st photo shoot. :)

Paul

cheers Paul! (y)

Nice work. Sorry if I missed this bit, but how much did it cost you to do all that?

cheers clicktor! (y)
not much change out of £5k :puke:

Great studio mate! very well done!
why did you use black on one wall? why not keep it all white. excuse my dumbness if there is a logical answer staring me in the face. reason i am asking is when i get more funds i want to finish of mine but i have painted mine all white.

cheers archangel! (y)
side walls (to the rear) are black to try and prevent background light from spilling forwards and "wrapping round" the subject

cool space! good luck to you :).
Looks a bit low in the ceiling :thinking: ... maybe I'm just tall :LOL:

just moved into my new permanent studio in London earlier this month :D

cool space! good luck to you :).
Looks a bit low in the ceiling :thinking: ... maybe I'm just tall :LOL:

it's not terribly tall (2.5 m at the highest point
but any bigger and you move into planning permission territory :rules:

when do we get to see some pics taken inside :)??

well here is one set for a "customer"

and here is a "proper" portrait

thanks for dropping by! (y)

Congrats on finally getting the job done Mike... (y)

well here is one set for a "customer"
and here is a "proper" portrait
thanks for dropping by! (y)

Loving the cakes and tt's Mike... (y) ...just got to practice a bit more on the peeps then... :naughty:

Mike's shown you his so I guess we just need to see how big your is then don't we... :cautious:

08.gif

Congrats on finally getting the job done Mike... (y)

cheers Venomator - appreciate your comments! (y)

Loving the cakes and tt's Mike... (y) ...just got to practice a bit more on the peeps then... :naughty:

oh yes - I see this as the beginning not the end!

Mike's shown you his so I guess we just need to see how big your is then don't we... :cautious:
08.gif

mmm - my one's bigger than your one!!!:nuts:

(the only time a bloke is happy to say "my one's smaller than yours" is when discussing phones!)

£5000 for that? I don't mean to be rude, but that strikes me as quite expensive. Maybe I am out of touch.

the price did creep up
could have saved a load by doing it myself
but I'd rather get someone else to do the grunt work

I'm happy with the result so guess that's what matters eh!

Back