New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Thursday 24th, or Friday 25th?

I'd be inclined to make it 26th, then you can set up the voting on 27th when the pressure of that other thing might be reduced a bit...

I've only competed in two of these little competitions, but both have ended in a dead heat. Although that is hardly a huge problem, it's nicer to have a clear winner. Although I am a callow newcomer, I wanted to tentatively suggest that maybe the person who sets the challenge should vote last, with the directive that their vote should split any competitors that are neck and neck, or not create a tie. The alternative I suppose, is to try harder to get the wider community here to vote? It seems a shame that only competitors are voting. (At least, I assume that is the case?)

I've only competed in two of these little competitions, but both have ended in a dead heat. Although that is hardly a huge problem, it's nicer to have a clear winner. Although I am a callow newcomer, I wanted to tentatively suggest that maybe the person who sets the challenge should vote last, with the directive that their vote should split any competitors that are neck and neck, or not create a tie. The alternative I suppose, is to try harder to get the wider community here to vote? It seems a shame that only competitors are voting. (At least, I assume that is the case?)
Voting is open to any TP member, not just those that have entered.

I didn't get chance to vote this time as I spent the Xmas hols with someone in my support bubble who doesn't have internet connection and mobile phone signal is very hit and miss round there, plus I hate using my phone to access the internet. :( So I can confirm it's not just the competitors that voted this time.

New thread added (how do I insert link?). Anyway the theme is FUN! We need some.

If you saw a person drowning and you had to decide between saving them or capturing the moment, what aperture would you choose?

Photographers are very mean. First they frame you, then they shoot you and, finally, hang you on a wall!

I had to give up my career as a photographer, I kept loosing focus! Boom! Boom!

Photographers are very mean. First they frame you, then they shoot you and, finally, hang you on a wall!

I had to give up my career as a photographer, I kept loosing focus! Boom! Boom!

Sometimes we chop off their heads as well.

Challenge voting is now open. Good turnout, would be nice if some outsiders could join in the voting and boost our ratings. Voting ends in seven (7) days, y'all.

Challenge voting is now open. Good turnout, would be nice if some outsiders could join in the voting and boost our ratings. Voting ends in seven (7) days, y'all.
Is there any special reason for the voting to be open for 2 weeks @PeterSpencer ?

I my own personal experience whn I've been the organiser, that's how long it takes before someone gives me a nudge to say I've not updated the voting thread. :D
:LOL:

Is there any special reason for the voting to be open for 2 weeks @PeterSpencer ?
My mistake, I wanted to keep the voting period to a week, but I can't count. By the looks of it probably all votes have been cast. So how would I edit the poll to close tomorrow, say, if everyone is happy with that?

Once again there is a results deadlock. So we do need to have a deadlock strategy. I would say, as a suggestion, OP chooses unless they are the join winner in which case they concede? So I think that would work if there are more than two entries tied. Obviously the OP would have to concede and nominate the winner if there happened to be more than two tied entries.

Well if I'm in a tie I'll try and play the old age with dementia card o_O :D cos the months or years between winning anything.....I've forgotten how to set up a new challenge :rolleyes:

On another forum (or perhaps this one - I'm old and forget things now) the strategy is in the event of a tie, the entry that was posted first wins.

A thought regarding the limitations of polls on the forum. For challenges we could give each entry/entrant two check boxes. You would then be able to give your favourite 2 votes and have one vote left for a runner-up. If you really can't decide then you could still give up to 3 entrants one vote each.

How does this grab you?

A thought regarding the limitations of polls on the forum. For challenges we could give each entry/entrant two check boxes. You would then be able to give your favourite 2 votes and have one vote left for a runner-up. If you really can't decide then you could still give up to 3 entrants one vote each.

How does this grab you?
The one vote option per entrant is fine. As Shakespeare once wrote; In striving to better, oft we mar what's well. (y)

For me this theme (collection) coincides with Feb Poty (cluttered) as I have a collection of rubbish :D...thinking could a family shot be a collection of humans (for one family shot), h'mm if I can't find anything else it's worth a try. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back