Nifty Fifty Challenge 2024 - Chat thread

Just in case it's of interest to anyone :)

No themes, just for fun, spin off of the Nifty50@50.

Mine's in. I was going to wait until the end of the month to post, but I don't think I'll be able to top it.

Right place at the right time. Also, the first time I ever asked a stranger it I could snap a couple pics.

Hey gang, I need to pull out of the challenge. Although I was using a 50mm prime lens, my camera has a crop sensor. Seems I learn something new almost every time I log in here.

On the bright side, I have a new reason to upgrade my rig.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Hey gang, I need to pull out of the challenge. Although I was using a 50mm prime lens, my camera has a crop sensor. Seems I learn something new almost every time I log in here.

Have you not got a zoom lens that covers the 30mm range?
Most kit lenses do. 31mm = 49.6mm on a 1.6 crop.

No need to pull out, feel free to use your zoom, I appreciate you prefer to use a prime :)

I sent you a link to DPOTY, it may be of interest too.

Last edited:
Why not post in the relevant categories of the general forum? Or maybe we should start a compo "runners up" thread in photos for pleasure?

"Runner up" image thread (thanks for the name Toni @ancient_mariner ;) )

Just for fun.

Last edited:
Nifty Fifty prime only thread :)

Crop or full frame bodies.

Again just for fun.

Last edited:
Thanks Gav I was just thinking last night we should have a thread for the shots we took but didnt use for the challange Ive got 3 in mind for this month must try and get some today

Have you not got a zoom lens that covers the 30mm range?
Most kit lenses do. 31mm = 49.6mm on a 1.6 crop.

Thanks, Cobra. I wouldn't trust myself to not adjust the zoom to get a better shot, right?

Although, I've only had the 50mm for a few weeks, I'm enjoying the challenge of shooting with it.

Although, I've only had the 50mm for a few weeks, I'm enjoying the challenge of shooting with it.
Hi Art

I've set this up to run along side if you want to carry on, I'm sure some others will follow too :)

Hi Art

I've set this up to run along side if you want to carry on, I'm sure some others will follow too :)

So is this a 50mm lens even on a cropped body Gav?

Nifty Fifty prime only thread :)

Crop or full frame bodies.

Again just for fun.

Thought it was an interesting idea, so looked what adapters I had, found an M42>M43, took the first unused camera from a box, and the first what felt like a 50mm lens from the M42 lens box (it was still dark) and this is what I got.
Tried it out, and it is surprisingly OK, but it has just started drizzling, so it must wait.

It almost looks like they were made to go together

gtp.jpg

Excited for round 3 :D I wonder what it will be ;)

Sorry very very late one for me. My 13 year old daughter was assaulted recently, so I just haven't done a thing photography wise.

Just wanted to get something in for the month.
She is okay, shook up and police are about as useful as a chocolate teapot
Jeeze that`s awful. I feel for you...
Glad she`s ok (y)

Thread for March is up :)

Theme - Book

Back