weekly Niknubola's 52 in 2013

Hi Nicola...welcome aboard :wave:

Hi, there, Sin....eeekkk, burning chocolate. Nice and close with some decent detail in the smoke. WB is a tad off.

Season, is that a Christmas tree :D on theme, but a bit close for me and again, just keep an eye on you white balance.

Cheers.

Oh god, what are you doing to that poor chocolate orange, you monster. :( fun idea, it works well.

Not so fond of the season one though. Perhaps a little too yellow and the angles look funny?

I'm new to all of this so thanks for the feedback! Yes, I admit I was lacking inspiration so the sin one is a little strange! Didn't waste too much chocolate though, don't worry!

Well, Season does look like a very wide angle, so the lines are odd. But I'd take the yellow colour, as that's what we SEE when out in that sodium light. Good start, Nicola.

Hi Nicola :wave:

as Andy mentioned...WB needs a little tweak either in camera or in post
on both images

Sin....I hope that isn't a dark chocolate orange , that'd be a real sin ;)

The tree for Season ...was it shot through a window ? if yes that might explain the slight fuzziness , you'e caught the rain/snow ok though :)

Season: Not so sure about this one - I would like to see a tweak of the white balance to get rid of some of the yellow or even black and white. I think if this was mine I might heavily crop it (imagine a bookmark shape) and include the top of the tree and the left hand side (the street light might need to be cloned out) and then you are left with the beautifully lit and sparkly bits from the street lamp

Sorry, it's taken me a while to get round to uploading. Thanks for all the feedback so far (y)

Week 3 - Gravity

tumblr_min2v2hytf1s2tkfno1_1280.jpg

Hi. Cracking catchup.

Gravity, like it, nice low perspective and nice detail. Pity you couldn't get the whole icicles in.

Space, nice simple idea that works well. Good angle and detail. Can't decide if I'd prefer as is or all the books vertical. Like the inclusion of the elephant, and it's shadow.

Work, well spotted and good FG interest. I might have been tempted to crop some off the top.

Gluttony, squirrels, cute and blooming clever. Well captured. It's a bit lost. Maybe a crop would help.

Good show (y)

Hey Nicola, there are some really nice shots here. That is one heck of an icicle in Gravity. I felt like maybe you should be further out to get it all in, but I'm thinking perhaps it's a frozen waterfall so too big?

I like the Space one, good idea to put it beside the Mandela book. Work, like it!

Gluttony is a nice idea but the squirrel is a bit low contrast against the background, and maybe could have been closer?

Good stuff though!

Hi ya

fab catch up hun...keep'em coming :)

Gluttony...made me smile , well caught moment :) maybe a slight crop to take off centre ?

Work... lovely & sharp with some cracking detail & plenty of work being done...good capture (y)

Space ...some very interesting reading there..like the shadow from the animal & the space where there should be a book :) I'd possbly crop it lhs to where the black n white book is ?

Gravity...oh my flipppin nora...thats one helluva sight :eek:

It may just be me but your images are massive on my screen , I have to scroll up & down & sideways to see all of any given shot , can I ask what size you're uploading at please ?

Back