Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

My D600 is getting replaced with a D610 as well. Just as I'm selling all my kit. bad timing that :p

They are out of stock though so not sure when I will get my hands on it.

My D600 has gone back for third time for a "clean" hopefully get a nice new replacement, but not holding out though! Probs end up selling it as I've now got the D750

I was about to sell my D610 and get a D750. The grey price at Panamoz is quite tempting. Holding off as I don't do much of action or sports shooting and well pleased with the D610 images.

Anyone here who upgraded to D750? What do you guys think of the improved AF and other features?

I was about to sell my D610 and get a D750. The grey price at Panamoz is quite tempting. Holding off as I don't do much of action or sports shooting and well pleased with the D610 images.

Anyone here who upgraded to D750? What do you guys think of the improved AF and other features?
I've been thinking the same, so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

My D600 has gone back for third time for a "clean" hopefully get a nice new replacement, but not holding out though! Probs end up selling it as I've now got the D750

I wouldn't be relying on hope, I'd be demanding a new D610.

Once I get the email of it received I'll be phoning to make my case for a replacement then!! See what comes out of it

The AF is superb. I was amazed by it when I first tried it. That's compared to a D600 and D800. I've not tried the D610.

I have a D600 and am thinking on upgrading to the 750 . Not really bothered about the AF improvements as I don't shoot fast moving stuff. I'm happy with the low light performance of the D600 and love the size of it. What could tempt me ?

I have a D600 and am thinking on upgrading to the 750 . Not really bothered about the AF improvements as I don't shoot fast moving stuff. I'm happy with the low light performance of the D600 and love the size of it. What could tempt me ?

If you are happy with the AF and not bothered with faster AF of D750, the only other things that can tempt you are
1. 100% zoom on OK. This is quite useful at times
2. tilt screen - helps with landscape composition using liveview and some odd angle shots using live view
3. Wifi - well, i don't care about this one.
4. Power aperture on shooting stills and video
5. Slightly better high ISO when shooting jpeg and no purple noise on high ISO - not a great deal if you shoot raw.
6. Focus point memory on P/L orientation. if you shoot a lot of portraits - I do.

In fact, I am not after a faster AF, but I think D750 is a better overall camera and will come in handy when I need it like shooting daughter's ballet in low light. I also like some of the other features I mentioned.

Last edited:
Honestly the improvement in AF coverage is probably more important than the speed of it, the D600 AF unit comes from a crop camera and covers a tiny area.

Plus the D750 has much better metering which helps get exposures right, and the raws seem to be able to recover a bit more low light detail than the D600

If I remember correctly the AF spread of D750 is slightly better than D610 and smaller than D810.

I'd be interested to know the D750 has better highlight recovery than D610

Honestly the improvement in AF coverage is probably more important than the speed of it, the D600 AF unit comes from a crop camera and covers a tiny area.

Plus the D750 has much better metering which helps get exposures right, and the raws seem to be able to recover a bit more low light detail than the D600

Ok...If I was a pro that would be a deal breaker .

Hopefully I have a replacement coming back to me tomorrow [emoji51]! Been sent off 3 times with same problems, rang this morning as haven't had no messages to say progress! After phone call received email with good gesture replacement has been made, will be delivers Wednesday! Sounds promising

Looking good Andy :) It's a great feeling when you open the box to see a brand new D610 :banana:

Looking good Andy :) It's a great feeling when you open the box to see a brand new D610 :banana:

Yeah I remember when I got the D600 replaced with the D610... Good stuff and still enjoying using it

I got so fed up with my D600 I went and bought the d750 so now got the choice to keep the d610 or sell it as they are very close in spec and not sure if I need both! Would be good as a main camera and use the d750 as backup or vis versa!!

I'm in the same boat as you but I never shoot video which the D750 is better at plus I'm not over impressed with the tilt screen on the D750 they should have made it a full swivel screen.

I think I'll just wait until the D750s comes along as the images off my D610 are very good.

I'm in the same boat as you but I never shoot video which the D750 is better at plus I'm not over impressed with the tilt screen on the D750 they should have made it a full swivel screen.

I think I'll just wait until the D750s comes along as the images off my D610 are very good.

Thanks, posts like this makes me think again as I am perfectly happy with the images I am getting and it appears the IQ is almost same when shooting raw. To sell the D610 and buy the D750 I will have to invest around £260 extra buying grey from Panamoz. I can't afford and won't buy the UK stock D750 at full price as I'd have to shell out almost £800 more to get some added benefits.

I got so fed up with my D600 I went and bought the d750 so now got the choice to keep the d610 or sell it as they are very close in spec and not sure if I need both! Would be good as a main camera and use the d750 as backup or vis versa!!
Have you used the D750? Will be glad to hear your views on the comparison - more on shooting convenience and feature benefits.as IQ is same

Thanks, posts like this makes me think again as I am perfectly happy with the images I am getting and it appears the IQ is almost same when shooting raw. To sell the D610 and buy the D750 I will have to invest around £260 extra buying grey from Panamoz. I can't afford and won't buy the UK stock D750 at full price as I'd have to shell out almost £800 more to get some added benefits.
I know the AF system and processor are better but for my use (just images) I can't justify the upgrade even though the D750 is now under £1000.00

If the screen had a full swivel and turned face in when not in use I may have changed. I've also looked at the D810 but for what I use the camera for the D610 still comes up trumps.

But then again it is nice to get a new toy;)

SWMBO is already not happy with my move to FX as the lenses costs a lot. I have downsized my lenses to only 3 now which covers most of my needs as follows

1. 24-85 VR - Walkabout and travel lens. find it excellent with fantastic sharpness in center and good around corners.
2. 85 F1.8G - My portrait lens and it is all that I need
3. 70-200 F4 VR - The lens is great and sharp and so far I have shot some landscape, buildings and portrait. So far this is my least used lens and the most expensive.

I am considering the 35 F1.8 as the only other lens I might need for street photography.

Adding another £250 for a new D750 may not sound wild, but have already spent a lot. New gear is great but it often turns into too much GAS :D

I know that GAS syndrome,
I sold most of my DX lenses to upgrade to FX lenses it was an expensive swap as I got the holy trinity
14-24mm f/2.8
24-70mm f/2.8
70-200mm f/2.8

I keep thinking about a travel zoom - if I get the a travel zoom I'd go 24-120mm f/4 but when I look at the lens I always look at it as a kit with the D750 @ £1324.05 from Panamoz

Have you used the D750? Will be glad to hear your views on the comparison - more on shooting convenience and feature benefits.as IQ is same

In my view they are very close, i use the tilt screen alot so that was a plus for me. in all fairness though ive only used the d750 for 2 weeks so far and its the same camera with a movable screen and no oil spots :D

I use my camera for Airsoft events every weekend.......it gets shot at with 6mm plastic balls by accident or bouncing off walls and its fine, it can track players moving just as good as my d600! The d750 does clear the sequence of pictures quicker i think compared to my d600 so that is the only plus ive seen so far really that ive noticed

SWMBO is already not happy with my move to FX as the lenses costs a lot. I have downsized my lenses to only 3 now which covers most of my needs as follows

1. 24-85 VR - Walkabout and travel lens. find it excellent with fantastic sharpness in center and good around corners.
2. 85 F1.8G - My portrait lens and it is all that I need
3. 70-200 F4 VR - The lens is great and sharp and so far I have shot some landscape, buildings and portrait. So far this is my least used lens and the most expensive.

I am considering the 35 F1.8 as the only other lens I might need for street photography.

Adding another £250 for a new D750 may not sound wild, but have already spent a lot. New gear is great but it often turns into too much GAS :D

I use Andrews Liver salts and its cured all my Gas :)

Dark side calling. I have been offered £700 for my 8 month old D610 that came as a replacement from Nikon as my D600 turned out dusty.

With Panamoz price at £968 for a D750, not sure if I can resist the upgrade.

Dark side calling. I have been offered £700 for my 8 month old D610 that came as a replacement from Nikon as my D600 turned out dusty.

If I had an offer like that I wouldn't need to think about it. PULL THE TRIGGER!

There is not a lot of difference in the cameras!! I have both [emoji51] haha. Feel greedy is the only thing i get out the 2 [emoji6]! But with an offer like that used and if you wanted the move I'd do it [emoji106]

I know Andy. IQ is indistinguishable. The D750 is not going to make me a better photographer, but what I understand is shooting can be fun with it and will allow me to shoot certain scenarios better due to AF improvements. I also liked the zoom to 100% on a D810 I tried. I am not a big fan of tilt screen, but when I had the D5100 I used it for landscape composition with odd angles and heights and it helps.

Today, at lunch time I went to Jessops and played with both the D750 and D610 with the 35 F1.8G ED and here are my few observations.

1. The grip on the D750 is so much better than the D610
2. D750 does feel a bit lighter
3. Strangely the D750 appears bit wider may be due to a compressed design, but liked that.
4. The D750 AF point spread is not a huge improvement compared to the D610. It is just a bit wider, but I remember the D810 is wider.
5. I tried both cameras with the 35 F1.8 lens for AF in two scenarios and here's what i found
a. Inside store lit lights on the eyes of a salesman - both cameras performed equally and snapped focus with good speed
b. Went to a dark corner with some stuff scattered around and focused both camera on a random specific object - The D750 snapped it right away, but the D610 struggled and got it after few tries. Perhaps this is what most people are talking about one of the AF improvements. I can't see myself shooting much in such darkness other than dark streets in the evening and shooting my daughter's ballet classes, but it is something nice to have when you may need it.
Didn't get any chance to shoot sports inside a store :D

I also asked if Jessops are doing a part exchange or buy a D610. The sales guy showed that a mint D610 with all accesories and box will be £617.50 (showed me on system)

I shot weddings for 18 months with 2xD600's and now I shoot with 2xD750 with my remaining D600 sitting in the car as my disaster struck camera.

Here's my tuppence worth for anyone interested.

1: The grip is indeed much nicer on the D750 but at the cost of the smaller LCD which now now longer has a few things moved onto the back screen like RAW/JPG & WB.
2: In good light the two are virtually identical.
3: In not so good light the D6x0 AF starts to behave like it was programmed by Stevie Wonder. Even when paired with AF assist from my speedlight it often struggled to lock focus on a slow moving target like a couple shuffling their way through the first dance. This for me was the killer feature of the D750. I no longer even bother with AF assist now. AF locks on like a heat seaking missile.

So if you're a working pro that needs to nail that shot then go for the D750. If it's a hobby, you're under no pressure and money is tight. Get the D600/D610.

Oh and lastly the D750 is the first Nikon camera that I actually like to shoot video with. The D600 in comparison sucks.

I find the main difference between 2 cameras is AF in low light with Nikon D750.It locks quickly whereas D610 struggles in low light conditions.
D750 is bit smaller in size and for some,it my be an advantage.

Back