Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

I know that GAS syndrome,
I sold most of my DX lenses to upgrade to FX lenses it was an expensive swap as I got the holy trinity
14-24mm f/2.8
24-70mm f/2.8
70-200mm f/2.8

I keep thinking about a travel zoom - if I get the a travel zoom I'd go 24-120mm f/4 but when I look at the lens I always look at it as a kit with the D750 @ £1324.05 from Panamoz

24-70 is a travel zoom. It's easily my most uses lens. I'd have loved a 14-24 but the expensive filter system put me off, but its a steller lens.

Sold my D610 to MPB. Should have cash paid into my account by Tue next week and then I will join the D750 club

An old one at Paradise Wildlife park.D600 with Tamron 70-300 vc usd

Cheetah
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Sold my D610 to MPB. Should have cash paid into my account by Tue next week and then I will join the D750 club

An old one at Paradise Wildlife park.D600 with Tamron 70-300 vc usd

Cheetah
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

What did you get if you don't mind me asking. Was the D610 a trade in against the 750 ?

What did you get if you don't mind me asking. Was the D610 a trade in against the 750 ?
MPB paid £700 for my 8 month old D610. It was better price than forum sale. I am going to get D750 separately.

Yes that is a superb photo and worth putting on the wall.

That Tamron seems a good lens - what model lens exactly is that ?

Thanks for your comment on the picture.

That was the Tamron 70-300 VC USD. I found copies of the lens varying a lot. I had to go through 3 to get one that was good. I sold it later and now have the Nikon 70-200 F4. I lost 100 mm of extra reach, but the Nikon is super sharp and a much better lens than the Tamron. Considering the Tamron costs only £250 or thereabouts, it is a great value lens, but you need to get a good copy.

Great cat images you certainly made the Tamron work well. Great detail on both cats especially the tiger.

Great cat images you certainly made the Tamron work well. Great detail on both cats especially the tiger.
Thanks Billy. Yes, that was a good copy of the Tamron.

I must add that the Tamron is bit slower compared to the Nikon 70-200 F4 in terms of AF.

Thanks for your comment on the picture.

That was the Tamron 70-300 VC USD. I found copies of the lens varying a lot. I had to go through 3 to get one that was good. I sold it later and now have the Nikon 70-200 F4. I lost 100 mm of extra reach, but the Nikon is super sharp and a much better lens than the Tamron. Considering the Tamron costs only £250 or thereabouts, it is a great value lens, but you need to get a good copy.

I think a lot of lenses are like that, I got a Nikon cheap wide angle and reviews said it can be soft or very sharp...thankfully mine is really sharp :)

Some great cat pics, I have a couple of my new addition to our family taken with my D610, I'll post them up when I get home from work.

You were right ! Got payment cleared this morning. Now, need to find a good deal on a D750.
We've just lost the BACS payment option as of 01/09/15
Tina from Panamoz said it will be back soon, I hope so.

You were right ! Got payment cleared this morning. Now, need to find a good deal on a D750.
I know I you talked about buying a D750 from Panamoz was your D610 UK or grey only asking because £700.00 is a very good price from mpb

Last edited:
Mine was a UK stock sent directly by Nikon. I had all accessories in unused condition and the D610 was 8 month old but in mint condition. MPB said that for D610 in mint condition and < 10k shutter, they offer £700 which is good price.

We've just lost the BACS payment option as of 01/09/15
Tina from Panamoz said it will be back soon, I hope so.

Yeah saw that and wrote to them. Tina replied BACS will be back in a few weeks may be. She also said price went up a bit as £ fell (I am wondering against what). My work will keep me busy for a month so I am not in real hurry, but living without a camera and the lenses looking at me is always hard :D

Jessops offered me £615 on part exchange. Camera Jungle quoted £350 :eek:

LCE paid me £750 for a new unused replacement D610 from Nikon - they unboxed it and took test shots though so they are just selling it as any other mint camera. They put it back on at £950, which seems a bit hopeful to me!

Nikon Spring cashback will be out soon and they might do a cashback on D750. They usually do a £100-£150 cashback on FX camera. I think the D610 price will drop as well.

Hi there - I thought I was getting a D7200 yesterday, but my budget might stretch to a D610... trouble is, I'm coming from a D60 and concerned one of my current lenses won't work with the full frame sensor.
Will my 18-200mm dx vr (II) lens work with a full frame, or not?
If not I'll just trade it in towards the cost of a new lens, but would be good to know if I can keep it. Gah, choices choices...

Last edited:
Agree, when I bought my D600, I used my 18-70 DX lens on it in cropped mode till I bought my 28-105 FX lens. The 18-70 is a great lens on DX bodies, but the moment I started using FX lenses, I realized why people say you need FX lenses for FX bodies.

Back