Nikon D750 & D780

@minnnt the front and back glass are very close to edge of the lens and very easily scratched marked if not careful on the Samyang ( just a heads up )

Where for £138???

'used' on Amazon. Repackaged, as new, no cosmetic damage, £194. Great price i thought. Ordered it and a promotional discount has been applied making the grand total £138.56.

I also ordered a Manfrotto head but it was out of stock so i cancelled it.

Probably you had some gc balance in your account. I had similar surprises only to realise some money was already in account. [emoji1]

GC are gift card or gift voucher. Check your order details and see the amount breakdown. Other easy way to check is see go to my account and see your balance. It will show you if you have any credit balance and how it is used for various purposes.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-18_9-27-29.png
    upload_2015-12-18_9-27-29.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
@minnnt , ignore my last post. I went to Amazon and saw one more in very good condition and added to my basket.

Last edited:
Super. Let me know if you can figure out how to use filters on the 14mm Samyang. I read some reviews last night on lenstip and also noticed there is a 16mm F2, but the 14mm is a new lens and seems to have better performance.

This will be my first manual focus lens. Will help me to slow down I guess. if I don't like it, I can return within 30 days.

Ive had to put +20 on the focus adjust for my 35mm Art. Should it be sent back or is that "normal" Ive never had to make any adjustments to any lenses in the past so this is a little annoying. Is that the lens or the camera being wrong?

Ive had to put +20 on the focus adjust for my 35mm Art. Should it be sent back or is that "normal" Ive never had to make any adjustments to any lenses in the past so this is a little annoying. Is that the lens or the camera being wrong?

Without trying another lens on the camera you wont know. Could buy the Sigma dock.

i just did some rough tests against a sheet of text and +20 put it in the ballpark of back in focus. The sigma dock thing just looks like it does the same as the nikon body setting where you add an adjustment to it. Is it really worth it?

i just did some rough tests against a sheet of text and +20 put it in the ballpark of back in focus. The sigma dock thing just looks like it does the same as the nikon body setting where you add an adjustment to it. Is it really worth it?

I think the dock allows for further adjustment. Even at different focus distances.

It's not good having any lens at +20 IMHO.
It doesn't leave any "wiggle room"
I would use the dock. Set camera to MAF to 0 first though.

ok quick update, the lens clearly back focuses wide open but by the time you stop down to something like 5.6 its spot on the money.

Send it back for a replacement or get the Sigma dock.

ok quick update, the lens clearly back focuses wide open but by the time you stop down to something like 5.6 its spot on the money.

Exactly what you would expect due to depth of focus.
Always test wide open to get accurate focussing accuracy.

Exactly what you would expect due to depth of focus.
Always test wide open to get accurate focussing accuracy.

well i wouldnt expect anything to back focus wide open. Anyway i will send it back, +20 is just too much. I guess this will be a true test of how good panamoz are with their replacement policy.

Reactions: GHP
When I get it right the 28-300 works pretty well on the D750. :) A bit of a crop to remove wire netting.

_7507781.jpg

Super. Let me know if you can figure out how to use filters on the 14mm Samyang. I read some reviews last night on lenstip and also noticed there is a 16mm F2, but the 14mm is a new lens and seems to have better performance.

This will be my first manual focus lens. Will help me to slow down I guess. if I don't like it, I can return within 30 days.

I saw this, this morning and have been after this lens for a while and didn't realise that you had to go right to the last page to see the discount. There was still two left but none now. Gutted. So if you don't like it don't send it back. If I could be first dibs on buying it. Full paid price plus postage plus a couple of pints :beer:

The cheapo Sigma £84 jobby from Amazon.

Great shots of the Lake District with this lens. How do you find it in general. Just ordered the open box deal on Amazon and got it for £53. Missed out on the Samyang 14mm this morning as I didn't go right to the last page.

I saw this, this morning and have been after this lens for a while and didn't realise that you had to go right to the last page to see the discount. There was still two left but none now. Gutted. So if you don't like it don't send it back. If I could be first dibs on buying it. Full paid price plus postage plus a couple of pints :beer:
Sure Martin. You will have first dibs I promise should I think of passing it on.

Back