Nikon D750 & D780

So went out to try and grab some shots of the milky way (or parts of it) and yep, the clouds rolled in :( first night in about a week it's been cloudy.

Glad I didn't go to the original location I planned.

So I've spunked my money on a Dell 27" 1440p monitor instead. :LOL:

Specsaver moment? ;)

27" would take up half my desk ...

Specsaver moment? ;)

27" would take up half my desk ...

Nope. And it WILL take up more than half my desk. It'll be like editing in a cinema. :eek: Perhaps the 25" would have been better but i guessed that as it's a long term investment the bigger screen would have been better. I may need a bigger desk (depth) so i don't end up with square eyes.

It's being delivered today. :banana:

Last edited:
Thinking of getting a flash, Yongnuo YN-568EX TTL Flash for Speedlite HSS and if I wanted wireless would just need Yongnuo YN-622N-TX trigger.

Any thoughts on proposed kit or better suggestions at similar price, Cheers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OOE0V...olid=8LSEUI57TYR7&coliid=I2W9ZM37XDIKT4&psc=1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/YN-622N-TX-Wireless-Controller-WINGONEER®-diffusor/dp/B00J1JC6JY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1453419040&sr=1-3&keywords=Yongnuo++tx

Won't you still need a 622n trigger on the flash, that's the setup I had when I was Canon. It works really well, but I haven't really looked at the alternatives since.

Nope. And it WILL take up more than half my desk. It'll be like editing in a cinema. :eek: Perhaps the 25" would have been better but i guessed that as it's a long term investment the bigger screen would have been better. I may need a bigger desk (depth) so i don't end up with square eyes.

Haha that`s cool, nice one mate (y)
I got a 24" and that`s big enough for me. Plus I have to look over my glasses to see what I`m editing (which is a pain in the arse).
If you`re gonna get a new desk; top tip, do not get a glass one. Mine looks nice, but is bloody freezing this time of year ;)

Loving the recently posted Nikon images here, amazing stuff.....! I'm closely looking at lenses here on this thread to try work out what I require lens wise for my D8** purchase soon.

Anyone know if there's a big difference between in quality between the Nikkor 85mm f1.4G against the 85mm f1.8G lens if used on a full-frame Nikon body?

Thanks;
Pete

I have the F1.8 and its superb and very sharp on reviews I have read they have said save your money and go for the F1.8

I've got a 27" 5k screen and it's great for editing. Takes a little bit of getting used to that you can't see the whole screen without shifting your eyes but you soon get used to it and editing is so much easier. For me at 5k it's virtually 1:1 already so even better for editing :)

I've got a 27" 5k screen and it's great for editing. Takes a little bit of getting used to that you can't see the whole screen without shifting your eyes but you soon get used to it and editing is so much easier. For me at 5k it's virtually 1:1 already so even better for editing :)
I wants it precious...That must be posh stuff.

You heading out later? Weather is set to brighten up so I'm considering surprise view.
Working all day today :( Not seen the weather forecast but it's pretty grim at the mo :eek:

Yeah absolutely awful now.
Just checked the forecast, looking good just in time for the sunset. Looking forward to some more quality pics from you :)

Oh boy, been a bit busy this week and thought I'd quickly look in..... 14 pages later, you boys have been busy :)

The points about Flickr were interesting. I always output to 1024 on the longest side via LR then sharpen in PS (LR and Mogrify still not good enough IMO) for all web use. I personally don't think any larger is necessary and more open to being lifted.

So I've spunked my money on a Dell 27" 1440p monitor instead. :LOL:

Superb monitors you will be delighted with it. I had a 27" before but I like to have 2 one portrait and one landscape so now have the 25's as couldn't justify 27's

Nice and sharp though ! Does LR lens correction cure the vignetting?
I think for a lens which is half the cost, and half of the weight of the Sigma 35 Art, it might be worth me getting one.

That above was with the DX, at about 1/4 the cost. The FX 1.8 G is very good though, I have had both and prefer the Nikon lens for convenience. D750 is so good at high iso anyway I don't think that extra bit of light makes enough difference.

That above was with the DX, at about 1/4 the cost. The FX 1.8 G is very good though, I have had both and prefer the Nikon lens for convenience. D750 is so good at high iso anyway I don't think that extra bit of light makes enough difference.

Its not just about light.

Nice and sharp though ! Does LR lens correction cure the vignetting?
I think for a lens which is half the cost, and half of the weight of the Sigma 35 Art, it might be worth me getting one.

I need to go back and have a look at the lightroom file and get back to you. I think it was ok.

Back