Nikon D750 & D780

Anyone know a way to split yourself in three? :confused: I'm shooting pics at the London Marathon next weekend for a Charity and they want me to take pics at London Bridge, Mile 25/Westminster and also the QE2 building o_O

Top of the Shard with a 600mm f4 should just about do it ;)

Anyone know a way to split yourself in three? :confused: I'm shooting pics at the London Marathon next weekend for a Charity and they want me to take pics at London Bridge, Mile 25/Westminster and also the QE2 building o_O

Did you skip past the opening paragraph where they said, "Thank you for running in the London Marathon..."

Yup, according to the manual: "Centre weighted metering will be used if highlight weighted metering is selected with non-CPU lenses ...and with certain CPU lenses (... AF lenses that are not type G, E or D)."
Another carryover: the D750 can matrix meter with older, non-CPU manual focus Nikkor lenses; note that in these instances you have to manually set maximum aperture and focal length in order to allow matrix metering on a D750 (see “Lenses and Focusing,” on page <

414>).

The D750 features the “button and command dial” interface for most major controls that was first seen on the N8008 and F-801 in 1988. The D750 uses a newer version of the exposure system first found on the F5 and D1 series and refined in the D2 and D3 series. The D750 color metering has much higher information content (91,000 pixels instead of 2016) and this is more tightly integrated with the focus system than it was on older models such as the D3 and D700.

Speaking of autofocus, the CAM3500FX focus sensor is the same as on the D810 with a slight wrinkle: 11 of the 51 sensors support autofocus with f/8 maximum lenses, and a detection range that extends to -3EV (the d700 was f/5.6 maximum for lenses, and -1EV for detection). The D750 uses the focus control introduced with the D7000 (front button/switch near the lens mount), which allows the user to change focus modes while not taking their eye from the viewfinder. While I like the theory behind the new control, I think the button is not big enough or easy enough to find with my thumb.

this takes from Thom Hogans book

One thing I couldn't figure out though. For these shots I use my rig and the camera is mounted upside down. My old Sony A77 used to "know" this and auto rotated the shot 180 degrees so the RAW files were all the right way up. Can this be done on the Nikon?

Well tonight was my first outing with the new camera and I had been hired to shoot a super car so no pressure!!! The camera was fantastic and the 16-35mm f4 and 50mm f1.8 lenses pin sharp! I dont know why I waited so long to go full frame!

Quick edit of one of the shots I did....

Ultima GTR Rig Shot by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr
Now I'm not usually a car shot fan, but that's excellent, love the processing too

Received the paperwork fron Nikon for the recall. The following is a list of the completed work

Fit new spare parts

Metering, shutter and exposure accuracy checked - recalibrated if necessary.
Image capture, playback and delete functions checked.
X-sync, hot shoe and speedlight function checked.
Body depth, body focus, AF accuracy checked and recalibrated if necessary.
Image Sensor, optics, mirrors, and viewfinder cleaned.

Firmware version checked and updated if required. Check, test and clean equipment

SR Repair Scheme

Parts Fitted

111HY SHUTTER PLATE UNIT

Aaarrrgghhhh! Just went to my D750 and the rectangular eyepiece cover is gone! Where, who knows!

Am assuming this is the correct replacement, http://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap...=1460795515&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+d750+eyecup

Although I did prefer the D700 eyepiece, looks like you can do it with this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-DK-22..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0M2FAVHJB21X1GZFDN7H and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-4754-...&qid=1460795145&sr=8-4&keywords=d700+eyepiece - anyone made that mod to their D750?

@snerkler has made the round eyepiece conversion. I believe you need 3 parts.

@kendo that all sounds good mate. Was this just for the recall?
Sure did, you need the DK-3 rubber eye cup, Nikon Finder Eyepiece for FA-FE2-FN2-FE-FM, and DK-22 eyepiece adapter.

Well tonight was my first outing with the new camera and I had been hired to shoot a super car so no pressure!!! The camera was fantastic and the 16-35mm f4 and 50mm f1.8 lenses pin sharp! I dont know why I waited so long to go full frame!

Quick edit of one of the shots I did....

Ultima GTR Rig Shot by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

"Cracking" shot Sammy, liking everything about this image.(y)

George.

Sure did, you need the DK-3 rubber eye cup, Nikon Finder Eyepiece for FA-FE2-FN2-FE-FM, and DK-22 eyepiece adapter.
How's that working? Do you find it better than the standard one and what was the total cost to fix these three pieces?

Liking this shot very much Anirban, love the silhouetted folk in the foreground, and the nice framing through the arch/doorway etc.(y)

George.
Thanks, George.

How's that working? Do you find it better than the standard one and what was the total cost to fix these three pieces?
Can't remember the exact cost, think it was around £30 in total :eek:

I chop and change TBH as can't decide which is better, although on sunny days the round one is certainly better as it completely blocks out any other light entering your eye and so no need to try and 'shade ' the eyepiece with your hand etc.

Double sided tape stops all this hassle. ;)
I can't even begin to imagine how you use double sided tape to block out light from entering your eye? :confused: ;)

Not sure that I wanted the larger rubber eye cup. Would the DK-17 be ok with the DK-22 (that looks like it will be the same as my D700?

It was the 24-85 as wanted to go light, but then was going to a very pretty place called Ashburnham Place, but the heavens opened and ruined my 24-70 test. Going back tomorrow!

Enough of the awful puns!!

April always gives some great light effects as rain and sunshine alternate on windy days. Even I can't resist taking a few snaps.

I popped the flash on the first one. :eek:

Back