Nikon D750 & D780

How does the 300mm f4 IF ED lens pair up with the D750?
I currently have the 70-300 VR and the Tamron 150-600 VC, at 300mm on all 3 lenses would I see a significant increase in IQ with this?
I have the chance to buy one of these at £500, it is in excellent condition boxed with everything but I have to travel to pick it up. Is the lack of VR is also something to consider?

Finally found how to turn on 'exposure preview' so I can get the histogram visible in live view by scrolling the info button. That will make things easier as I can now check the histogram before taking the image rather than take an image, check the histogram and readjust the setting to correctly ETTR. It may keep the shutter count down too as there will be no practice images to correctly ETTR.

If anyone else has trouble finding the exposure preview setting can be turned on/off via the i button on the bottom left (scroll down to see exposure preview as it on the next page).

Last edited:
Finally found how to turn on 'exposure preview' so I can get the histogram visible in live view by scrolling the info button. That will make things easier as I can now check the histogram before taking the image rather than take an image, check the histogram and readjust the setting to correctly ETTR. It may keep the shutter count down too as there will be no practice images to correctly ETTR.

If anyone else has trouble finding the exposure preview setting can be turned on/off via the i button on the bottom left (need scroll the i button menu down to see exposure preview).
:LOL:;)

If anyone else has trouble finding the exposure preview setting can be turned on/off via the i button on the bottom left (scroll down to see exposure preview as it on the next page).

Just set that up, will be handy though i don't tend to use liveview that much. May have to start using it more. Cheers for the tip.

It was a right pain trying to do ETTR last week in the rain when I could only check the histogram after taking an image. I probably took 4 times as many images just to get the exposure right! Looking through the rain soaked cover and changing setting/previewing images wasn't easy.
Yeah I remember you saying, just amused me it took you so long to figure out how to turn on exposure preview as it was a while since you mentioned it :p

Last edited:
Live view does eat batteries, even more so when doing lng exposures too. I'm finding I use live view quite a bit whilst doing landscapes.

I do have 3 spare batteries so that won't bother me too much. As i said i rarely use live view and i think i have only ever tilted the screen out once in all the time i have had the camera just to see how it worked! Will have to try it more.

Yeah I remember you saying, just amused me it took you so long to figure out how to turn on exposure preview :p
If you don't read the manual properly then you don't find these things out ;) I've not really had much use for it until I started to use live view more for landscapes, until then I hardly used live view with wildlife as there just wasn't the need.

Reactions: Nod
If you don't read the manual properly then you don't find these things out ;) I've not really had much use for it until I started to use live view more for landscapes, until then I hardly used live view with wildlife as there just wasn't the need.
Yeah, I was pulling you leg really. First thing I do with a camera is go through all the settings and see what they do :oops: :$

Why can't the D750 have an on LCD screen time display that some Canons have :confused:
What do you mean by screen time, like a countdown of the shutter for long exposures? I've never had this until I recently bought the Fuji, it's actually quite nice to see the timer count down (if using timer release) and then countdown of the shutter exposure time.

Last edited:
What do you mean by screen time, like a countdown of the shutter for long exposures? I've never had this until I recently bought the Fuji, it's actually quite nice to see the timer count down (if using timer release) and then countdown if the shutter exposure time.

Yeah, it would be very handy.

Cheers.

A few from a recent job...

The Duchess of Cornwall visiting Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
funkth.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall visiting Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital
f4g39f.jpg

Prince Charles touring Al Jahili Fort
2rdj6h5.jpg

The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.... Laughing at something :D
16m4lqd.jpg

Love the Autumn light image!

Haha he is defiantly going to be my new subject as the girls have had enough of me chasing them with a camera now. But getting him to sit still is even harder.
I've been given my mission of trying time get all 4 of ours in a picture haha

Really nice shots. The only thing I'd say though is that WB on the 5th looks 'out' compared to the rest.
Yeah, it looks a little off, these were just quick import & apply default preset, will tweak them before they go on my website. After a hectic summer of shoots for other people, I'm enjoying shooting for me again :)

Nice shots, the just looks a little more natural light in the last one [emoji121]️ I like it

Back