Nikon D800......

Neil, that's a sublime capture, so peaceful looking. Love it...!!!!!

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you do with the 135 Samyang. It is ridiculously good not just for the money, but a beast to try and manually focus whilst hand holding I find. You have managed well enough with the 85 though!

This was another one from Scotland, done to death obviously.

Queens View by Neil, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you do with the 135 Samyang. It is ridiculously good not just for the money, but a beast to try and manually focus whilst hand holding I find. You have managed well enough with the 85 though!
Cheers Neil......... practice makes perfect as they say. The Samyang 135/2 will arrive with me on Monday, can't wait to attach it.

:)

Not my best attempt, but weather was quite misty and dull when we climbed the top of Ben Venue close to Loch Katrine, Central Scotland, which has the most beautiful views.

Views from Ben Venue by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Samyang 85/1.4 - iso 400 - @ f8

Last edited:
That looks stellar Pete, I think you've found the peak of quality [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Meet Bill. I met this lovely elderly gentleman whilst out walking the collie this afternoon, spoke to him for 30 minutes, got his life story, so interesting........marvellous! He told me he's 90yrs young and been all around the world and had two wife's etc........such a character.

Meet Bill by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Samyang 135/2

Inspired by Shaheed to shoot the new Samyang 135mm f2 lens wide open, I ventured into this today, shallow breathing involed.....lol. There's actually two tiny bugs on this flower and the one on the left is totally sharp when you enlarge it 100% etc........pin sharp.

'shot at f/2'

shot at f/2 by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

not sure why but I've stopped getting notifications from this thread, amazing photos have been posted and I'm still so impressed with the talent on here.

I'm out of hospital now and I'm looking through locations here in Sydney. Sadly it may be a while before I post anything new. After travelling for the last 3 months with my D800 my 17-35 will not communicate with the camera and my 24-85 had a scratch on the lens. I'm not sure how or why both have happened but as I don't have a dedicated camera back and have been carrying my camera gear in a backpack ( carefully as possible ) things have happened beyond my control.

I'm moving to Melbourne in the next 2 weeks and hopefully I can find a nice local camera store to invest in some new glass. I think I'l bite the bullet and buy a 24-70 F2.8 and a 14.24 F2.8. the misses has said I damaged the lenses on purpose to justify buying new ones but she can shush!! Who needs furniture in a new house anyway!

"Peter, have you considered the Samyang 24mm"?

I've looked at it ok, not sure yet (?), Samyang also have a 21mm f1.4 lens available............hmmm slowly strokes his chin. You really don't need auto focus for landscape (wide angle) images anyway, manual focus is quite easy to shoot etc...

Last edited:
Back