Nikon d850 "in development"

Amazon selling Lexar 128gb XQD 2933X at £128 which is cheaper than of late.
Might be useful for those large files.

Thanks yeah not too bad a price, I paid £106 for a 64GB only a few weeks ago.

Amazon selling Lexar 128gb XQD 2933X at £128 which is cheaper than of late.
Might be useful for those large files.
*files for refund on the ones I've got here, unopened, that I got from an amazon marketplace seller for £153 each*.... grrr

Thanks yeah not too bad a price, I paid £106 for a 64GB only a few weeks ago.
Crikey prices have gone up, I paid £76.99 for Lexar 64GB back in March, albeit the 1400x one (210mb/s). Looking on amazon they're now £106 :eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone found an L-Bracket for the D850 yet? RRS have one coming but I'd really like to have one now!

Has anyone found an L-Bracket for the D850 yet? RRS have one coming but I'd really like to have one now!
I've put on my Kirk L bracket from the D810... which I previously had on my D800 (this is all with grip btw).

Kirk didn't update the bracket for the D810 as they figured the D800 one fit it well enough. It now also fits the D850 pretty much as well as it did the D810, it blocks access to the microphone and earphone ports... but I don't use those. Full access to the grip battery compartment. Slightly impedes access to the USB port but no more than it did on the D810 and you can still plug into it well enough. Other than that I can't see why they'd need to update it again.

As of 5-6 days ago there is an updated View NX-i Capture NX-D and they mention the D850 as supported.

I've put on my Kirk L bracket from the D810... which I previously had on my D800 (this is all with grip btw).

Kirk didn't update the bracket for the D810 as they figured the D800 one fit it well enough. It now also fits the D850 pretty much as well as it did the D810, it blocks access to the microphone and earphone ports... but I don't use those. Full access to the grip battery compartment. Slightly impedes access to the USB port but no more than it did on the D810 and you can still plug into it well enough. Other than that I can't see why they'd need to update it again.

I have a Kirk L Bracket for my D810 with grip but I very rarely used it as most of the time I use the camera without the grip but I could give it a go. I also have an L-Bracket for the D810 without the grip, I did try that one but wasn't happy with the fit.

I went out with the standard gitzo plate on the weekend and immediately realised how much I relied on the L-Bracket lol

Just done my first D850 commercial shoot... English Heritage are restoring a Yorkshire Abbey and wanted a shot of the west face to print onto a huge sheet that hangs in front of the scaffolding to disguise it. I knew all those megapixels would come in handy! :LOL:

I wonder if an Abbey sized print is a TP record...!

Just done my first D850 commercial shoot... English Heritage are restoring a Yorkshire Abbey and wanted a shot of the west face to print onto a huge sheet that hangs in front of the scaffolding to disguise it. I knew all those megapixels would come in handy! [emoji38]

Congratulations! How big will it be in metres? I think you should start a separate thread for that, see who else here has had their work printed really really big.

Just done my first D850 commercial shoot... English Heritage are restoring a Yorkshire Abbey and wanted a shot of the west face to print onto a huge sheet that hangs in front of the scaffolding to disguise it. I knew all those megapixels would come in handy! :LOL:

That is impressive, great commission. I'm sure Nikon UK would be interested in that.

A little disappointing I'm afraid, I've just learned that it's only going to be 10mx10m. :( Still, on the bright side my invoice is still the same size! :)

:D

I'm sure that's still interesting to people like me who've never printed beyond A3.

Nikon taking quite a beating over its apparent sexist Nikon D850 promotion which involved 32 men and 0 women photographers!
Apparently "Nikon thinks [the D850] is too much for women to handle,
CNN have got wind of it too.
Let's see how Nikon responds. :D

Nikon taking quite a beating over its apparent sexist Nikon D850 promotion which involved 32 men and 0 women photographers!
Oh for christ's sake :rolleyes:

Nikon, haven't actually come out and publicly said this though have they ??

Nikon, haven't actually come out and publicly said this though have they ??
I can't see it, I think it's just a comment from Twitter. Nikon's response is that they did invite women but none turned up. Twitter isn't buying it. I can't say it's something I would have noticed/picked up on tbh but now it's been raised it's not great.

I can't see it, I think it's just a comment from Twitter. Nikon's response is that they did invite women but none turned up. Twitter isn't buying it. I can't say it's something I would have noticed/picked up on tbh but now it's been raised it's not great.

Agreed, the Asian market is different and maybe it's not that uncommon to have less women in the photography profession.
Hopefully there are no issues with the D850 going forwards.

Has anyone used the D850 with the Tamron or Sigma C 150-600mm? If so can you confirm whether ALL AF points work at 600mm please or whether it suffers the same fate as the D500 and only the 'f8' AF points work, i.e. those shown in the manual for f5.6 lenses with 1.4xTC?

Interesting comparison of the AF points of the D850 vs the D810 and D750. Those far corner points would be extremely handy for me, especially as they're cross type vs line on my D750. Just need to wait for the price to come down about £2k now :LOL:

Nikon-D850-vs-Nikon-D810-vs-Nikon-D750-AF-coverage-area-comparison.jpg

Not having much luck with lenses on this thing! Sigma 35mm Art surprisingly giving me no issues, been able to adjust the AF with the dock.
Used Nikon 58mm f1.4 is horrendous and going back to the dealer, box was marked as a Nikon refurb so perhaps someone has traded it in after issues, no sharpness at all even after AF fine-tuning!

Ordered the new Tamron 24-70 f2.8 G2 lens for delivery tonight, early reviews suggest its very close to the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 VR lens but much smaller and cheaper! Never really had any complaints about the older Tamron 24-70 but feel that this camera deserves the revised glass.

Was tempted to go all prime (Sigma 24/35/50) but prefer not to swap lenses when I'm out and about in the weather!

Back