Nikon mirrorless definitely on the way

OK so three things that worry me straight off the bat. Mode dial on the right (looking from the front) looks a bit consumerish, doesn’t look much room between the grip and lens (possibly my biggest issue with the A7’s), even that lady with dainty hands doesn’t look like she wants to wrap her fingers around the grip ;) Also it looks like there’s an exp compensation dial on the left, which poses two issues. First it’s yet another ergonomic difference for Nikon users to get used to, secondly it likely suggests no rear command dial :(

Honestly, I wish they’d just employ me in their R&D department for ergonomics and layout ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why such a big ugly head on a mirrorless camera? Unless it has a pentaprism inside also what's the point?

I hadn't but just looked on google.

That camera is pretty teensy and manages a decent evf, it's not the best, the G80 as I mentioned does have a much better evf, but it doesn't require a massive hump. I just think Nikon are going mirrorless but trying to keep it looking like a dslr. It looks to be larger than most current mirrorless bodies too - bit like the G9, which I think Panasonic over sized too

That camera is pretty teensy and manages a decent evf, it's not the best, the G80 as I mentioned does have a much better evf, but it doesn't require a massive hump. I just think Nikon are going mirrorless but trying to keep it looking like a dslr. It looks to be larger than most current mirrorless bodies too - bit like the G9, which I think Panasonic over sized too

Maybe an indication of their (Nikon) conservative thinking? (Time will tell if its wrong I suppose.)

doesn’t look much room between the grip and lens (possibly my biggest issue with the A7’s), even that lady with dainty hands doesn’t look like she wants to wrap her fingers around the grip ;)
She does have her “other” hand wrapped around lens between the grap though.

OK so three things that worry me straight off the bat. Mode dial on the right (looking from the front) looks a bit consumerish, doesn’t look much room between the grip and lens (possibly my biggest issue with the A7’s), even that lady with dainty hands doesn’t look like she wants to wrap her fingers around the grip ;) Also it looks like there’s an exp compensation dial on the left, which poses two issues. First it’s yet another ergonomic difference for Nikon users to get used to, secondly it likely suggests no rear command dial :(

Honestly, I wish they’d just employ me in their R&D department for ergonomics and layout ;)
They ran out of Lab coats :ROFLMAO:

Amazed that people are making judgments about the number of screws being insufficient whilst being in complete ignorance as to what size those screws are and what they're going into!
Yet when it was Sony, its fine to mock them with only 4 screws?

You either criticise both or you don't for the same flaw.. Not pick sides

Yet when it was Sony, its fine to mock them with only 4 screws?

You either criticise both or you don't for the same flaw.. Not pick sides

I have absolutely no recollection of doing that and honestly I find all this Sony vs Nikon tribalism odd. My point was that it just seemed a strange thing to do based on a photo. We don't know if there are dowels hidden under there or other means of location. We don't know the thread size, pitch, depth of hole it's attaching to and whether it's fixing into marzipan or unobtanium. As someone else mentioned as well, the fact that the lens mount is huge works in favour of those screws too. I just thought of all the things to comment on, that seemed bizarre.

Last edited:

She has fingers from both hands between the grip and the lens. Just how big are your blimmin fingers?! :LOL:

Have you ever seen a GX80? I'm using a G80 and it doesn't have near that size of a hump - and the evf is pretty damn good.

It’s a full frame camera compared to a CSC and the EVF in the GX80 is in some weird place too (IMO).

It might have a really large EVF too.

Last edited:

Unlikely, Sony has one on the rear by the EXP comp.

Has the same amount of dials on top as the A7iii but one is on the other side so they can fit the top screen. Just let it be seen properly first, not from these leaks lol

If you don’t like it when it comes out then but a Sony!

Have you ever seen a GX80? I'm using a G80 and it doesn't have near that size of a hump - and the evf is pretty damn good.
Probably due to the tiny sensor not taking up much space inside ;)

Maybe an indication of their (Nikon) conservative thinking? (Time will tell if its wrong I suppose.)
Or maybe they've listened to the criticism of the A7 about a small body and large lenses?

Rangefinder style's not for everyone ;)

She has fingers from both hands between the grip and the lens. Just how big are your blimmin fingers?! :LOL:
Must've missed that pic :oops: :$

The thing is, it looks like she has never picked a camera up in her life before. You can't read anything in to how she is holding it.....

Yup. I thought that. You'd think they'd at least show her how to hold a camera but at least she's not looking at her boobies as if it's the first time she's seen them.

Here's a Kevin Raber video about the Mirror less market future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=PtkX7T8dUP0

Exciting times ahead though, all speculation at the moment, I'm not that invested in any system at the moment either, at least in full frame terms, I have an A72 and 2 primes and 2 zooms so it wouldn't be that bigger deal for me to jump ship if it suited, I love the Sony gear but I'm not a fam boy of any system in that respect.

Last edited:
I don't quite get the boobies bit but glad to hear I'm not the only one......

Looking very surprised that they have them... I think it's a standard model pose...

I do wonder if looking at a picture of a beautiful if rather petite Asian actress who doesn't seem to have held a camera before is a good basis for all this speculation.

Doesn't look bad :)

Looks like it may still have the LCD display on top, obviously can't tell from brief look but wonder if its the old style LCD (it's that shape) or will be be modernised a bit like the X-H1.

Doesn't look bad :)

Looks like it may still have the LCD display on top, obviously can't tell from brief look but wonder if its the old style LCD (it's that shape) or will be be modernised a bit like the X-H1.
Shame it won't look like the 2nd, or even third row cameras but with a proper grip.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 13.15.18.png

I love that they continue to string people along, brief snippets, having people scramble to be the first to get the measurements up etc ..

I love that they continue to string people along, brief snippets, having people scramble to be the first to get the measurements up etc ..

After all this hype and drama the camera had better be good. Not that it'll matter to some who'll just buy it regardless, ditto whatever Canon announce :D

Back