weekly norters does a 52 2012: Week one 'Direction' added.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello TP.

I have decided to undertake a 52 this coming year as part of my mission to get more involved within the TP community.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with (y)

Stay tuned for my first photo :)

Last edited:

photo 52 week 1
by rednorters, on Flickr

I finally decided what I wanted to do for the first week!
This is my Star Wars Monopoly board which I have had for fifteen years :D Along with R2 and Chewie. With Buddha waltzing away down the board!

A five-ish second exposure light painted with a quick swipe of an LED torch.
I'm not sure if I am 100% happy about it to be honest. Next week I'll put a bit more thought into it. I am happy I have got the project started though!

All comments welcome.
Thanks for looking!

Nice start there Nick and a different take on the theme :)

Nice DOF, I might be tempted to crop some of the black out of the bottom. Like the lighting and how bold and bright the arrow.

Good start mate

Great start, really like the idea.

I find it a little dark but thats just my opinion.

Good luck!

It is a bit on the dark side. A lesson learned for next time I try it :)

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Great idea, didn't know such a set existed! I agree about the blackness at the bottom though.

love this!!! I didn't realise they did a star wars monopoly, what a great subject
x

Thanks for the comments they ate really appreciated. The monopoly set was released in 1997 when the original trilogy was remastered and released :)

The dark feel to this photograph really suits the subject matter. IMHO you have painted just enough light on this to make it look some type of walkway in the air, almost as if the characters if they fell off would be into the abyss, IYSWIM :D or is that just me who sees it that way :LOL:
A good start to your 52 Nick (y)

Thanks for the encouraging words Iain.

Can't wait to get cracking on 'Fear' now :D

Hi Nick....'pologies for not popping in sooner....commenting on all the threads is a challenge in itself !

Good start to your project....for me , the slight darkness fits the image , crop a little from the bottom to lose the dead space & bring the models more in to shot.....like it :clap:

Good luck for the next 51 weeks...look forward to seeing your shots (y)

ps....please don't forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind....makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what...link in the 1st post of the thread where the themes are posted...I've updated wk 1 for you (y)

I like it, it's a good start. I think the light painting works well here. Perhaps lose a bit of the black though ??

Back