• Sunday 8th September

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Saturday 28th September

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sunday 29th September

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meeting at the station would be ideal, as hopefully someone will know what they're doing there. :D

Yep, we'll meet at Llandudno junction and decide where to go from there.

Andy

I shall be on the 08.23 which gets into LJ at 09.48. Rob, will you be coming through Crewe?

Andy

I shall be on the 08.23 which gets into LJ at 09.48. Rob, will you be coming through Crewe?

Andy

I shall be an hour later on the 9:23 from Crewe - Chester - Llandudno.

Andy

Sadly not, I'm on what appears to be the stopping service but it was the only direct train

Having some doubts about this, as I can't get there by train from Edinburgh on the day [EDIT: before nearly noon], and the last return train at 16:53 has a dodgy change. So it might need two nights stopover, making it quite seriously expensive! Still thinking...

B&B booked, we'll be heading up on the Friday night, meet you lot on Saturday, then spend some time around Snowden on Sunday if the weather holds. :)

Looking like its going to be warm (ish) but cloudy on saturday, not too bad but maybe a day for some b&w.

Andy

I have Superia 1600, I'm OK! Just need to decide what I'm going to put it in!

So I'm now booked into a B&B, see y'all there!

Anyone fancy bringing a Bronica SQ, or a Mamiya 6, or a Minolta Autocord, I'd be grateful for a handle ;)...

Latest weather forecast is for a warm and sunny day.....the sun always shines on the righteous and the filmies.

Excellent news Chris, see you tomorrow.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out of this one. My wife's got a short notice hospital appointment tomorrow which we need to attend.

Hope everyone has a good day, look forward to seeing the results.

Cheers
Steve

Booo.....Whats more important Steve, your wife or us? :thinking: :D

See you next time mate.(y)

Lol, I won't answer that one Andy because I'd hate to hurt your feelings ;0)

As an aside, if anyone fancies shooting with a Kiev 80 and are passing by the Wirral they're welcome to borrow mine that I was going to bring along.

Good luck with the weather!

Cheers
Steve

I'll be in Llandudno itself, can get to the Junction of course, but are we likely to come back to Llandudno or go on to Conwy?

Given that the weather is looking to be nice I think we should head straight down to Llandudno itself. How about if we meet at the shore end of the pier?

If you haven't already done so please PM me your mobile numbers and I'll let everyone know whats happening as we arrive in Llandudno.

Cheers

Andy

Do you have a rough meeting up time in mind? I'm a bit of a maybe depending on arse gear interface tomorrow morning ;)

Hopefully we will be meeting by the pierhead at about 11 to 11.15.

Andy

Ta.

I doubt if the group would be that hard to spot for latecomers anyway :D

11-ish at the pier sounds good to me. We're in a B&B about 15 minutes walk away by the look of it. (y)

See you there then, Andy I'll PM you my number now. Is anyone bringing a Digital Nikon (pretty please?) or can I leave the Sigma at home?

Sorry mate, I'm travelling light tomorrow, only the little FG and a couple of primes.

Sorry mate, I'm travelling light tomorrow, only the little FG and a couple of primes.

I'm not travelling light, but will still only have one camera and a couple of primes (well 3 really). Unfortunately my Portra order hasn't arrived today so it looks like its slide for me tomorrow :O Hope the weather plays ball

If I manage to shift my carcass I'll be bringing the minolta dynax and my old samsung compact. I've also got a few b & w films I need rid of so if anyone wants some out of date pan f and a few other oddities then let me know.

If I manage to shift my carcass I'll be bringing the minolta dynax and my old samsung compact. I've also got a few b & w films I need rid of so if anyone wants some out of date pan f and a few other oddities then let me know.

I can swap your PanF for cash, beer, jelly babies, your choice :D

I'll take some of whatevers going spare

Pier in Llandudno around 11 sounds great! I was a bit worried at the scarcity of train services; basically if we'd congregated at LLJ as per previous around 10:30, there's not another train back to LLD until around noon.

Out of the train station and follow the direction of the line, IIRC. Turn left just before you get your feet wet.

I went out on the west side of Great Orme this evening, to try for a sunset. The weather did a sort-of: cloud on the horizon, but in bands so the sun kept coming in and out. No tripod and up to two grads for one shot! As usual, I didn't keep notes, so I'll have no idea why some shots didn't work, and maybe some did! Expired E200, probably not as old as the expired E100SW that I still haven't quite finished...

I wouldn't want anything for any of the films as they haven't been stored properly. Grave danger of all results being totally hooley'd . . .

Out of interest does anyon have any inside knowledge of where's good to park in Llandudno :shrug:

Looks like there's plenty of on-street parking... but you're probably on your way already! There's also a large ASDA only a short walk out of town.

It is, isn't it. Shall we walk them up Great Orme, d'you think, Dean?

And what a beautiful morning it is here, looking good for the day :)

That's good news, I'm just passing through the middle of Staffordshire and it's duller than an Ed Miliband speech.

Don't know about that, Chris, I've brought the RZ and tripod. I reckon a few shots of the sunny seaside and then lots of moody B&W indoor shots of pubs will do for me... ;)

It's looking stonking so far, I'm just passing through Abergele and into Colwyn Bay. It was looking very grey on the way through Chester and I was regretting not bringing a coat with me!

It's looking stonking so far, I'm just passing through Abergele and into Colwyn Bay. It was looking very grey on the way through Chester and I was regretting not bringing a coat with me!

Still grey in Chester :(

Once you get a past Rhyl it brightens up a lot

Back