• Saturday 28th September

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sunday 29th September

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What factory would that be then....sounds interesting

Can we agree on the 28th for this then?

OK, although the 7th has gained the same number of votes it would appear that the 28th is the favoured date. I shall change the original post to suit tomorrow and we'll get organised.

Cheers
Andy

OK, although the 7th has gained the same number of votes it would appear that the 28th is the favoured date. I shall change the original post to suit tomorrow and we'll get organised.

Cheers
Andy

Brilliant, let me know the destination and I'll get tickets bought.

Is there anyone driving up from down south that would be willing to give Nikki and I a lift? We can get the train to a place on the way there. Trains to Manchester are at minimum ~£60 per person, which is a bit crap :/ Would very much appreciate it!

Megabus, granted it's a 6 hour drive and the times won't be ideal, the cost is only £22 per person each way :p

Dont know if its of any use to you Woodsy but I'll be going through Stoke provided I can confirm the day off, so I could pick you up from there?

Many thanks for the replies chaps, really appreciate it!

Nikki and I need to confirm whether she can make it or not first, and then I'll be able to make solid plans.

Jonathan, normally I'd have been able to offer a lift from Leamington, but it's likely this time I'll be starting from Edinburgh, and probably the day before. Sorry about that.

Alright chaps. So the trains are ridiculously expensive, even just to stoke on trent. Megabus would mean I've got to take a day off work, which I can't really justify at the moment, and neither can Nikki :/ National Express takes 10 hours to get make one journey and flights from Southampton are £120 per person!

Looks like we might have to give this one a miss as well :(

Same that mate. We really need to organise a meet in the Cotswolds or somewhere that is easy (ish) for most of us to get to. Maybe next time.

Andy

Aye, somewhere like that would be perfect. Might organise something like it for late October November time?

Do it... Do it now...

(y)

Is there anyone driving up from down south that would be willing to give Nikki and I a lift?

T'missus and I will be driving up from Reading and it wouldn't be a major hassle to collect you from Newbury on the way, if that helps?

We're looking at staying somewhere local on the Saturday night, it's a long way to do a round trip on the same day, but you'd be welcome to join us :)

T'missus and I will be driving up from Reading and it wouldn't be a major hassle to collect you from Newbury on the way, if that helps?

We're looking at staying somewhere local on the Saturday night, it's a long way to do a round trip on the same day, but you'd be welcome to join us :)

Very much appreciate the offer chap, but still probably going to give it a miss on account of cost still. Many thanks though :)

Excellent. Plan is to meet at Llandudno Junction, I thought Llandudno first before it gets too packed and then back to Conwy for an hour or two in the afternoon, but the plan is fluid (as will be lunch) so we could easily flip around and do Conwy first.

Andy

Andysnap -Me
srichards - Suz
Walsh - Scott
ChrisR - Chris
Zeroeseight - Wilson
Alan Clogwyn - Richard
RHooley167 - Rob
PMN - Paul
Raathistle - Chris
Stevelmx5 - Steve
Woodsy - Jon & Nikki
Strappy - Dean
Osh - Osh
David357 - David

OK, its going to be the 28th September around Conwy/Llandudno. I'll be there for 10.30 ish, shall we meet at Llandudno Junction station?

If those who are going to make it can let me have their mobile numbers (I'll give you mine as well) then we can keep in touch on the day in case of plan changes.

Oi! How come I'm not on the list :bat:

Mmmm....well...I...mmmmm..:whistle:

Oh there you are, must have slipped down the back of the couch.

OK....what does ISBWTS mean.....?

Ah, of course, silly me.

Could I ask a blasphemous favour? Would anybody coming to the meet who has a Nikon digital body with Focus Micro Adjust please bring it along, I'd like to prove a theory with my mis-focussing Sigma 70-210. (y)

Is anyone staying locally?

We're driving up and looking to stop over and I'm hoping someone else has done the hard work of finding a decent B&B so I don't have to ;)

I think you may have to dig out a b&b on your own Dean. There are no shortage though, especially in Llandudno itself.

Andy

So what you mean is that everyone's staying over but no one wants to bump into me at breakfast. I get that from t'missus every day, I'm used to it. :crying:

I'm thinking of staying over as well, but have't done any research yet...

So what you mean is that everyone's staying over but no one wants to bump into me at breakfast. I get that from t'missus every day, I'm used to it. :crying:

:whistle:

I'm set to arrive in Llandudno junction at 10 to 10

(y)

Back