Nostalgia is it a thing of the past?

Then there was Chorlton and the Wheelies, now that was class, with Fennela the bad tempered Welsh witch that lived in a kettle. "Oh, Ffestiniog!". :giggle:

Pans People & Legs & Co.?

I was a teenager then, I'll save you the details. :LOL:

Hong Kong Phooey, used to love that, so did my dad.

Oh, and Ivor The Engine, utter class, pchtcooff, pchtcooof. My dad loved that too.

Then there was Chorlton and the Wheelies, now that was class, with Fennela the bad tempered Welsh witch that lived in a kettle. "Oh, Ffestiniog!". :giggle:

Yes! "'Ello, little ol' lady".

Bill and Ben taught me bad behaviours from a very young age.
Every programme they always had "A little weed"
And they used to Phlob-a-lot!

As for Andy Pandy, jumping in the toy box with Looby loo ....

But of course the Magic roundabout is a real classic ( :D )
( mild swearie & and subtle one )

View: https://youtu.be/fCaeCPpsXV8?t=122

That was supposed to be the 'B' side of Funky Moped but it became the hit

That was supposed to be the 'B' side of Funky Moped but it became the hit

Well, I can say with a little authority (although I've always been Nod rather than Noddy!) that she isn't - she was my paternal Grandmother.

Just the name/logo are the same, bought by a web shop in 2012.
Nothing to do any more with the folks who gave us the TRS-80. :(
I still have a Realistic MW LW FM 'transistor' radio that used to belong to my great auntie (I took her to Tandy and helped her choose a new radio after her old one broke). It still works fine and comes in handy when I'm working in the garden shed and want the football results. It's outlasted auntie Mabel by over quarter of a century, and will probably outlast me too!

Well, I can say with a little authority (although I've always been Nod rather than Noddy!) that she isn't - she was my paternal Grandmother.

Ok explanation please, what/who are you talking about ?
Have I missed something ?

Ok explanation please, what/who are you talking about ?
Have I missed something ?

In the Magic Roundabout sketch (as mentioned by Chris), there's a section (near the beginning IIRC) where Florence's virginity is under discussion and Noddy's input to the discussion was sought. Florence was also my Grandmother's given name and since she was a mother, she couldn't have been a virgin. Hope that clears it up for you.

Remember the diskette club?
No but I'm still using the own brand multimeter and sound meter that I bought from them in the early 1990s. :)

No but I'm still using the own brand multimeter and sound meter that I bought from them in the early 1990s. :)
They included a card in their FDD 10-packs that entitled you to one discounted 3-pack of disks every month. They also had a battery club that entitled you to one free red zinc-carbon battery (AAA/AA/C/D/PP3) every month using the page in the Tandy diary.

Also, note this still from the 1969 Dr Who story The Space Pirates:
Pirates.jpg
That highlighted part of his ray gun is a Tandy 2xAA pocket torch; I used to own one (yes, they were bright red).

I believe you can still get them, possibly a different name now. I think there is now also something similar you can get for tracing odd shapes onto tiles.

yep, just search fleabay for "Pantograph" and ignore the model railway bits (it's also the name of the gizmo on the top of electric trains that picks up the juice from the overhead line)

Had both spirograph and the parallelogram-based drawing thing. As for the K-tel exercising woman, that could cause an over-exercising of the imagination. :wideyed: :giggle:

Who went to the schoolboy exibition at olympia?
I did a few times as i remember.

Used a pantograph extensively in my early apprenticeship days with the NCB converting odd scaled plans and local maps to Ordnance Survey standards.

One of my favourites as a kid "hello little old lady". Jamie And His Magic Torch was another.

This is the spirograph set I had as a kid (on the left):

ty1379.jpg

My dad had a Bullworker with green handles. I remember as a teenager working through the exercises and finding them mostly easy.

One of my favourites as a kid "hello little old lady". Jamie And His Magic Torch was another.
I wonder how many kids thought Chorlton was really brave to talk to Fenella like that... and didn't realise that it was because he was just too thick and stupid to recognise that she was an evil, bad-tempered and highly dangerous witch! :giggle:

Real nostalgia trip today. Came across this Routemaster at a car show and it brought back memories of chasing after the 19 at Finsbury Park and swinging aboard as the bus accelerated. Not possible with modern buses nor my aging lungs...

View attachment 248184
I used to do that on the 63 going from camden to holloway county school. Never actually fell off , but close. With my duffle bag full of books.

Back