Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

I like the barbed wire Dominic - nice colour too giving it a good old rustic look

Hi Dom,
Over - Actually, for me, #2 (front leg only in the air) I think, it's somehow more dynamic. Perhaps as it speaks to you about the power of the rear legs propelling the horse into the air. As others have said though, all 3 are good.
Age - Colour for me. The richness of the browns all work together and contrast with the white of the fruit itself.
Sharp - I think it's the barbed wire for me too. Busy, but forbidding. It says that it is there for a reason.

Over - all 3 work for the theme but I like the 2nd one best with the back feet still on the floor.
Age - waiting for them to ripen looks like you forgot about them to me I like the colour version the brown tones work well
Sharp - both are good for the theme I like the Holly leaves

I really like the colours and details in the Holly leaf, plus I think it looks more sharp than the wire.

Barbed wire for me too, good take on the theme and filling the frame makes for a good image

I prefer the B&W Banana for aged.

For Sharp, mmm the barbed wire has more in focus and the detail in the corrosion is nice, but I like the old holly leaves as an idea, maybe if more of the points where sharp it would be a better image.

Pete

Over - I like all 3 Images for the theme, they all work very well, can't pick fault with any of them.

Age(ing) - Not sure I fancy eating that banana, however it is a good composition and the Mono works best for it.

Sharp - both are very good images and I can't choose between them.

Wk 07 Guard

I had a couple of ideas, but didn't have time to go out a get them, so i've had to resort to another selfie.

untitled-1098.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I wasn't going to convert this to B/W (because i think the colours in the safety helmet were important), but thought i would have a mess around in nik silver efex and see what i could come up with. I like it for the texture in the skin.

untitled-1098-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. I didn't get any notification to let me know you all had left some feedback, I thought no one liked me :(, I then went to go and post this week's (well last weeks) theme and there were all your comments :).

Hi Dominic

Both Good Images for different reasons. As you say the B&W for the detail in the skin missing from your colour one.

Pete

... don't normally vote B&W but prefer it here .... more serious and kind of spooky.

:agree: much the same reasons, not sure its spooky but it has some kind of feel to it o_O

Nice guard Dominic - works for me. Like the selfie and either colour of mono works for me

Hi Dominic,

Over - Great idea and I like the second one best just because I prefer the take off shot, more like an up and over
Age - Have to say yuk those banana would have to go straight in the bin! However a good shot. I prefer the colour version, the brown of the bananas go well with the wooden board
Sharp - Good colours in both. I like the angle of all the barbed wire but prefer the holly. Lovely colours and textures
Guard - I prefer the colour version. I like how the red pops out against the bg.

:D

3 good shots not sure which one I like the best to be honest, they make a good series :clap:

Blimey, that (#1) must have been taken really close up for the DoF to be that shallow at f/8.
I love the crisp snow in the in focus part of the image. I tink I would like to have had more of the image in sharp focus though.
I think for me #3 just edges it perhaps.

#1 for me, the subtle purple of the flowers against the white snow works very well.

Lovely shots. The second one is just great. Lovely colour of the buds peaking through and cutting through the white

I feel some detail has been lost on the first image, I went to look on Flickr and had to stop due to the adult content warning.

All are nice and striking due to the colour of the flowers.

Pete

Back