Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

Well done for balance, I wouldn't stand a chance trying something like that.

Crushed Nuts? No it's the way I'm stood... Nice pic :)

Good action for Motion - Nice bit of RGB going on too :)

Crushed: Super image, great use of colour - and nice bokeh. Perfect for the theme.

Motion: Great bit of timing, I bet the rider is a bit sore! Even though there's no motion blur, the image works very well. Great story, the lady with her arms up says it all! Ouch!

(y)

Hey Dominic,

Crushed - Nicely lit, nicely sharp on the focal point and a nice bit of bokeh. I thought it was for Party originally as it also gives off that kind of vibe. Not sure why you see it as rushed, it works really well for me.

Motion - Very well caught. What really strikes me in this shot is that the lady in the Christmas jumper seems to be smiling at her pupil falling off. I'm glad that there is enough DoF to make that out :)

Dominic

Monstrous, I remember seeing those growing in cornwall. It fits the theme and conveys the size of the leaves well.

Balance, he is doing well standing on the gate. Fits the theme. Good exposure.

Crushed, nuts again, like the colours and it fits the time of year well.

Motion, well timed finger on the shutter, hope she was ok. Again good exposure.

Have a happy new year.

Pete

I like crushed its a fine idea, the colours and light are very good

Motion might have cropped the buildings out of the BG but even without the motion blur works very well for the theme

Hi Dominic, Crushed has a lovely evening atmosphere and you've balanced it well, with the subject sharp in the foreground and OOF background details to set the scene. Really nice light and bokeh too.
Motion is fine - it doesn't need much blur as you can see that there is definitely motion and the reactions of the two other people add more drama. You could possibly have lost some of the buildings at the top, and does it need a little straighten as everything seems to be sloping down to the left? The action is well caught, though (y)

Wk 51/2 Party/Showcase

Well it hasn't been a very good end to the 52 this year for me, I've been behind with themes and comments for the a while and haven't really put a great deal of effort into my last 2 or 3 photos either.
I'm determined to finish though. So here are my 2 last themes for the year.

Party
Riding party, the wife and a gang of others from the yard on their way out for a Christmas day ride. There seems to be a rain drop on my lens that i've only just noticed.

2018-12-31_09-16-32 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Showcase
I've got a couple for this, one from the 52

untitled-1384.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

And a couple that i've taken this year. This first one looks so much better in print.

Autumn by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

And then this, I can't really say what it is about it that i like. Maybe it was the whole process of setting it up that has made me appreciate it more.

untitled-11-Edit-2 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Hi Dominic, that's a nice happy group for Party and a couple of Christmas hats add to the theme (y)

Three good 'uns for your Showcase. You know I like the peppers as it inspired me to try something similar, I can imagine that the leaves print very well with those lovely contrasting colours, and the last one is beautiful with the cloud reflections and the contrast between the dark water and colourful flowers.

Well done for finishing and see you in 2019!

Congratulations Dominic! (y)

Your party image is certainly on point, very nice indeed....though I can't see the rain spot at all!
But then I may have had a few bevvies....what with it being new years eve and all!:D

I've been eagerly awaiting your showcase image.... definitely not disappointed!!
I love all three images, any one of them would be a superb finale!
The flowers on water with the cloud reflections is inspired, and the autumn leaves has great contrasts and tones.
The peppers image is terrific....detail, colour, shapes, textures....all first class!!
A fine image to complete your 52!

Happy New Year Dominic!:)

Hi Dominic,

Party - Horrible flat sky, but hey, it's winter... Loving the array of different Santa hats, helps sell the Party theme for the shot.

Showcase - Have we seen "untitled-11-Edit-2" on the 52? I don't recall it and well, that's really great. Loving the way you've captured the reflections of the sky (at least I assume that's what it is) in the shot. it really accentuates the blues and the contrast with the yellow.

I don't think anyone has been as bad as me this year for being behind and not commenting :( I really like the peppers image. The colours really stand out well against the dark bg and the yellow flowers against the reflected sky are lovely. It looks so serene :D

Back