Official Big Cat Day thread

Here`s some of mine, very little editing so far. Just a bit of cropping here and there.

lion1.jpg

tiger2.jpg

oce1.jpg

oce2.jpg

leopard.jpg

Here's another...(bu**er the ironing!)

MG_7266.jpg

Tried that sharpening method this time. Any ideas on how to get rid of the "haze" caused by shooting through the fences?

I can see the lines in my pics, although hubby says he can't.

WOW!
I am not even going to attempt to pick a favourite superb each and everyone of them :clap:

:agree:

Stunning shots all round! I wish I had been there - not too comfortable about the photographing animals in captivity thing though...What sort of conditions are they kept in, does anyone know?

They are kept in very good conditions Ewan, the cages are still cages, but they all looked very content where they were. The cages were able to be quite large, as they dont have to worry about access to the public as it isnt a Zoo as such, no public access is allowed, its all about the cats !

....not too comfortable about the photographing animals in captivity thing though...What sort of conditions are they kept in, does anyone know?

Looked pretty luxurious to me.......lots of space in their compounds and they were very healthy looking. Also seemed extremely comfortable with the handlers; they are obviously happy.

Carole the only thing i would say on the Leopard you used the sharpening method on, is it needs the levels tweaking a bit, but its a great shot, shame you trimmed its ears though.

Not sure about the full B&W conversion Carole, although im not sure what is putting me off.

Am pleased to see the level of shots coming out of this thread :) knew we would have some crackers on show :)

:clap:

All very good.

nuf sed.

They are kept in very good conditions Ewan, the cages are still cages, but they all looked very content where they were. The cages were able to be quite large, as they dont have to worry about access to the public as it isnt a Zoo as such, no public access is allowed, its all about the cats !

Looked pretty luxurious to me.......lots of space in their compounds and they were very healthy looking. Also seemed extremely comfortable with the handlers; they are obviously happy.

I'm glad to hear it :)

I can enjoy the shots a lot more now :)

Did I mention that all these pics are superb? :D

At the risk of really putting you all to sleep on this subject ;)

1304082934_c58dfc2e0a_o.jpg

1304074184_08b9e7483f_o.jpg

1303194793_0f59ca1bf4_o.jpg

1304071910_6a1f8dc79a_o.jpg

1304069622_2f24da53d7_o.jpg

1303195691_41216873f3_o.jpg

1303189789_ff9559c014_o.jpg

Oh my. Some fantastic shots in there people! :)

Ian's tiger through water and Jonnyreb's no. 4 particularly strikes me. :)

I like Matt's close up of the fur pattern too. :)

Did anybody pet the cheetah that stuck it's paw through the fence? :)

I think we all wanted our digits.....:LOL:

And bowels!

A big thanks to Kev for putting the energy into organising the day as well - nice one fella - put me down for next year too!!

Thanks Carole - I haven't seen one posted yet from the group that i haven't liked. Even kev managed to post something i see ;)

WOW :clap:- I don't think anybody could get bored with seeing photos of this quality of these amazng animals.

After seeing these I think my wife and I would love to go on one of these days. Neither of us can drive so it would be a haul to get ourselves and kit to these places, but ultimatly worth it!

Cheerz(y)

Hoping to go through mine properly tonight and post a few more (as long as they're not going to embarass me lol)

Its a shame you didn't come Mike, you would have loved it.

This one shows how agile the Leopards are.
All of the leopard enclosures have roofs to stop them escaping, aparently these guys can hang from the roof.

Medp_CRW_7067.jpg

Malawi the Serval
Medp_C7E9487.jpg

Pepo the Cheetah
Medp_C7E9349.jpg

Pepo
Medp_C7E9376.jpg

Nias the Tiger
Medp_C7E9160.jpg

Nias
Medp_C7E9182.jpg

TFL (y)

Cheers Mike, I tried to make them look like they are not captive, hopefully they work.
The only give away is the grass cuttings on the Nias shot.

I'm sure there are plenty of people shots from the day, so who's got some?

I'm sure there are plenty of people shots from the day, so who's got some?

Oooh I think I could find the odd one or two ;) I know I got a great one of Ian with his bazooka out :LOL:

I have quite a few, including some very compromising ones, but with Ian having his finger on the ban hammer, I am very afraid..... very very afraid. :crying:

Well you'll have to show them then, won't you.
We can always unban you ;)

have a bunch at home, but heres on i have on flikr - the days object of lust (Tiger-eye-view)

1304081820_df427417f0_o.jpg

Back