Official Big Cat Day thread

Wow that came out better than I expected Jon (y)

[/Rolf Harris voice] Can you tell what it is yet [Rolf Harris voice]

ooooh i expected the image to be upside down from that angle ?

lol - those pesky mirrors and prisms huh? :D

Warehouse Express - 8 weeks!!!! Order cancelled!

Really stunning shots in this thread, top work everyone!! :clap:(y)

Yeah ;)

Any joy from elsewhere ?

Working down the list - no joy from your tip sadly, but Calumet is looking hopeful....... at the moment........ maybe this time tomorrow :love:

Here's someone looking a bit nervous
Medp_CRW_7185.jpg

And his brother not looking so nervous
Medp_CRW_7184.jpg

They both still have all of their fingers ;)

Matt, that one of Malawi is really lovely, but all extremely good...so sharp! Lots of mine are very soft (...for soft read OOF)!!

Can't wait to go again.

Thanks Carole.
I turned the ISO up so I could get decent shutter speeds.
I still have a few where the shutter speed wasn't fast enough for the cats movement, so they ended up as a blur.

I can't wait to go again either(y)

Some of the best big cat photo's i've ever seen :clap::clap:Great stuff, glad you all had a good day :)

I'm sooooo jealous - seems like more than 2 weeks since I went there. Was that Indy or Puna coming through the water Ian? Becky was throwing bits of meat into the pond to try and get one of them to come through the water but they were having any of it the day I went!

Fantastic photos everyone :clap:

Wow! I cant believe all the stunning shots in this thread.(y)
I have to admit, this sort of thing has never really appealed to me ... until now!

This thread has definately sparked my interest in the 'Big Cat Day' ... though I somehow think Id be keeping my fingers to myself! ;)

Some great people shots there FJ. Glad to see I didn't fare too badly from your set :). I have to say, I never noticed you taking one of those lol :shrug:

See you when you're unbanned :LOL:

I sent a thank you email to Mark for showing us round and making the whole day special. I also included a link to this thread.

This is the reply I got today .....

"Hi Kev,

Just ran through the web site fantastic photos of the cats and the only thing i noticed was "kelack's" post #95 ( Becky was throwing bits of meat into the pond to try and get one of them to come through the water ) errrmm when i last looked i was male and called Mark lol. So it looks like you might be back down then after all that'll be great as I think your group was one of the best i'd had as a photo group in ages, full of questions and willing to listen.

If some of you want to send over a couple of images you took i'd be happy to load them up onto the web site of WHf. I am tempted to join in your club but would fel guilty on leaving www.photos-of-the-year.com.

All the best Kev and looking forward to seeing you next year.

all the best,

Mark

p.s one from me and my Old Minolta as a thanks to you all, if you dont mind posting it with a thank you to all who come down.

Indy.jpg

Well that just confirms what a thoroughly top bloke he is :D He did contribute hugly to making the day so enjoyable

Well that just confirms what a thoroughly top bloke he is :D He did contribute hugly to making the day so enjoyable

Agreed top bloke, think he mixed up the fact that kelack was on a different visit to the one we were on :)

ill see if i can find the pic of him with the leopard climbing the cage wall from my previous visit ;)

Hmm looking at it im not sure its him now lol but you can see why they have roof's on the cages for these ;)

0810-151323-01.jpg

Hmm looking at it im not sure its him now lol but you can see why they have roof's on the cages for these ;)

I think you're right Ian, that's not Mark in that shot but by God you wouldn't want to be up there without that roof in place would you? :puke:

Well that just confirms what a thoroughly top bloke he is :D He did contribute hugely to making the day so enjoyable

Totally agree with your comment Paul, I also think everyone there, contributed to the great day. (y)

Totally agree with your comment Paul. Also, I think everyone there contributed to the great day. (y)

here hear :D

lol at Matt and Jon ;)

:LOL:

Hi Kev,

Just ran through the web site fantastic photos of the cats and the only thing i noticed was "kelack's" post #95 ( Becky was throwing bits of meat into the pond to try and get one of them to come through the water ) errrmm when i last looked i was male and called Mark lol. So it looks like you might be back down then after all that'll be great as I think your group was one of the best i'd had as a photo group in ages, full of questions and willing to listen.

If some of you want to send over a couple of images you took i'd be happy to load them up onto the web site of WHf. I am tempted to join in your club but would fel guilty on leaving www.photos-of-the-year.com.

All the best Kev and looking forward to seeing you next year.

all the best,

Mark

p.s one from me and my Old Minolta as a thanks to you all, if you dont mind posting it with a thank you to all who come down

Sorry Mark - I should have said that I went 3 weeks ago!

some really great shoots there would i be ok with a 20d and a 70-200 f4l?

some really great shoots there would i be ok with a 20d and a 70-200 f4l?

You'd be fine with that kit, honestly. I took as 24-105 on a 400D and 100-400 on my 30D and I think I used the 24-105 the most. You really do get so close to the cats

Back