Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Will the XPro2 shoot 30 minutes of 4K or will it be limited to 10 minutes like the XT2 without the grip?

Who knows! The problem now is that the camera won't have this wonder update until December according to Fuji rumours and a few other sources. Shame really as it means a few months more with an XT2 depreciating like a stone in a lake

Just got back from a week in the Cotswolds - I took the X-Pro brothers (1&2) fitted with the 18-55 & 10-24 respectively - its a good combo that fits in a reasonable holdall and covers just about every situation (apart from long telephoto) without changing lenses.

Chipping Campden Market Hall
Chipping Campden1 by Andrew R, on Flickr

Chipping Campden2 by Andrew R, on Flickr

Hidcote Gardens
Hidcote2 by Andrew R, on Flickr

Hidcote1 by Andrew R, on Flickr

If anyone's after an X-Pro2, the Fuji Refurb centre have them in for a reduced £999 (down £150) - sounds like a bargain to me:)

This thread has gone a bit quiet lately - so here's another from a walkabout around Chipping Campden last month:-

Private by Andrew R, on Flickr

X-Pro2 and XF10-24

If anyone's after an X-Pro2, the Fuji Refurb centre have them in for a reduced £999 (down £150) - sounds like a bargain to me:)

I saw this and thought it too good to miss, despite having just bought an X100F. The X-Pro2 arrived this afternoon, complete with an unexpected leather half case. I had a quick walk with it before the light went, and am really impressed with it.

I saw this and thought it too good to miss, despite having just bought an X100F. The X-Pro2 arrived this afternoon, complete with an unexpected leather half case. I had a quick walk with it before the light went, and am really impressed with it.

Hey, now you're as hooked as the rest of us :)

I've been hooked for a while - I must now sell my X-T1and X100S. Not sure I can bear to part with the X-Pro1, though, and the X30 lives in my desk drawer at work.

I can't part with my XP1 either - just taken it out today with a 55-200 and it's still a joy to use. My XP2 seems to be permanently fitted with the superb XF10-24 but my X100F is the camera I use most

which is made from low grade fibreglass and highly combustible in it's own right!

Saw a Bond Bug (remember them?) burn down to a chassis in a few minutes, loads of black smoke which was no doubt rather toxic

You should send that to Holly. She'll like that. She thought my Leyland nameplate was "one of the best I've been sent". She's easily pleased!

Took advantage of the Double Discount at Jessops and have ordered an X-Pro2, £1009 after £380 discount. pretty good deal.

I went a little crazy and got the graphite version.

UK Mail totally screwed me on delivery. Had ordered on Thursday after the early Black Friday double cash back deals were advertised. I took the day to work from home in order to take delivery. So I set up in the living room which is in direct sight of the front door. Was obviously surprised to get the delivery update saying an unsuccessful delivery attempt had been made and now it won’t get delivered until Monday.

2 phone calls to jessops and they failed to call me back with any update on both occasions. To rub some salt in I then received another email from jessops and the camera deal price had reduced by a further £100.

UK Mail totally screwed me on delivery. Had ordered on Thursday after the early Black Friday double cash back deals were advertised. I took the day to work from home in order to take delivery. So I set up in the living room which is in direct sight of the front door. Was obviously surprised to get the delivery update saying an unsuccessful delivery attempt had been made and now it won’t get delivered until Monday.

2 phone calls to jessops and they failed to call me back with any update on both occasions. To rub some salt in I then received another email from jessops and the camera deal price had reduced by a further £100.

Commiserations, very disappointing and annoying too, even worse with the further price cut.

Happened to me a little while back, stayed in all day, but the Royal Mail aeroplane broke down and unusually for RMSD failed to deliver.
Just checked back through my emails and weirdly it was the X-Pro2, hope it arrives safely on Monday

A number of retailers (like Currys/PC-World), will price match against their sale price if you purchased just before, I'd contact Jessops and see if they will do that.

Commiserations, very disappointing and annoying too, even worse with the further price cut.

Happened to me a little while back, stayed in all day, but the Royal Mail aeroplane broke down and unusually for RMSD failed to deliver.
Just checked back through my emails and weirdly it was the X-Pro2, hope it arrives safely on Monday

Well it just arrived! Pleasant surprise considering it said Monday between 11.05 and 12.05.

A number of retailers (like Currys/PC-World), will price match against their sale price if you purchased just before, I'd contact Jessops and see if they will do that.

Have already emailed jessops complaining about the customer service yesterday and also about the variation in price.

May look to sell the 23mm f2 as previously really impressed with the 1.4.

Anyone know what sort of price a new graphite version would go for?

Have already emailed jessops complaining about the customer service yesterday and also about the variation in price.

May look to sell the 23mm f2 as previously really impressed with the 1.4.

Anyone know what sort of price a new graphite version would go for?

If you are talking about a Silver 23mm f2, my like new one was valued at £260 by MPB
Have you seen the price of the f1.4 version now, its £710 after double cashback

If you are talking about a Silver 23mm f2, my like new one was valued at £260 by MPB
Have you seen the price of the f1.4 version now, its £710 after double cashback

No it’s the graphite one. Can only buy it bundled with the graphite pro 2. Not sure if it would fetch a bit more as it’s limited edition.

Yeah I’d look to pick one up used as they seem to go from £420 to £550

No it’s the graphite one. Can only buy it bundled with the graphite pro 2. Not sure if it would fetch a bit more as it’s limited edition.

Yeah I’d look to pick one up used as they seem to go from £420 to £550

If you are quick there are still a few around at £750 ish less the double cashback puts them around £560 - I think the only ones are at Amazon, you must buy from Amazon not the marketplace in order to be eligible for the cashback - stunning lens, one of my favourites.

I like the look of the graphite version, but I can't stretch my budget any further. Hope you get some luck from Jessops and as good will gesture they refund you the extra discount.

Is the lens that came with your graphite X-Pro2 graphite colour?

I like the look of the graphite version, but I can't stretch my budget any further. Hope you get some luck from Jessops and as good will gesture they refund you the extra discount.

Is the lens that came with your graphite X-Pro2 graphite colour?

Thanks. Yes it’s more of a dark grey than silver, with matching metal hood

I wish the new firmware for the xpro2 would hurry up so I can have 4k again and a new camera to play with!

I’ve been wandering bruge with the 23f1.4 and I’ve really enjoyed it. Unfortunately bruge has recently been ruined by an influx of Germans and British people who have decided to bring Blackpool to the main city squares with the pound shop tat markets (sorry, Christmas markets) ruining many a photo opportunity and the calm, warm ambiance destroyed by common English folk commenting to the tune of “arh, ain’t et pret-ee mark? I lav the Chrismassee feeelz” - “Yea, the lights are just luvlay innit babes! It feels really cultured like the strip at Scarborough but wiv-arht the Sea”.

In future I’ll remember to visit 2weeks before such events rather than the days runnning up to and including it. Anywho mini rant over! :D

I wish the new firmware for the xpro2 would hurry up so I can have 4k again and a new camera to play with!

I’ve been wandering bruge with the 23f1.4 and I’ve really enjoyed it. Unfortunately bruge has recently been ruined by an influx of Germans and British people who have decided to bring Blackpool to the main city squares with the pound shop tat markets (sorry, Christmas markets) ruining many a photo opportunity and the calm, warm ambiance destroyed by common English folk commenting to the tune of “arh, ain’t et pret-ee mark? I lav the Chrismassee feeelz” - “Yea, the lights are just luvlay innit babes! It feels really cultured like the strip at Scarborough but wiv-arht the Sea”.

In future I’ll remember to visit 2weeks before such events rather than the days runnning up to and including it. Anywho mini rant over! :D

I think the 4k will have to be limited to 10mins like the x-t2 without the grip.
What I’d like from the update is iso control via the front dial

I wasn’t too fond of the leather case either so swapped it out for the Fuji grip, the additional control you get from it once you have some of the heavier glass attached (56mm, 90mm etc) is a welcome improvement for handling and it blends really well with the body too. It may be worth giving that a whirl?

I think the 4k will have to be limited to 10mins like the x-t2 without the grip.
What I’d like from the update is iso control via the front dial
The facility to control ISO from there would make adjusting of the fly much better! I current have profiles set with ISO ranges to help with that but it’s still a little clumsy.

Oh dear - you sound as bad as me :)

Oh dear - you sound as bad as me :)
Ha! It is rather annoying though, seeing beautiful shots of a place you want to visit, visiting and being greeted by ruined views, tat and ungodly loud commoners you had hoped and prayed would have instead spent their hard earned in butlins or Benidorm. At least I have an excuse to visit again, this time more out of tourist season!

Last edited:
Back