1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nice, I don't have an F-501 yet.

2. Andysnap

Andysnap POTY (Film) 2015

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Steve, welcome to the forum and especially this bit (the best bit :)).

You have a nice little collection there, i'm very much into Voigtlander so the Vitoret is the one that interests me the most and i look forward to seeing the results.

Andy

3. stupar

stupar

Name:
    Stuart
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have managed to score a Konica C35 for the princely sum of £10.40.
    Ive got a roll of Ektar 100 and Portra 800 waiting to be used (thanks to my Secret Santa :D )
    Will run a roll of poundland 35mm through it first though to make sure all is ok before i load the Kodak spools.

4. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Poundland 35mm is too expensive these days. I only have 1 roll left and they're £4-£5 each on eBay / Amazon. The only 35mm colour film I have at the moment besides that are 5 rolls of Kodak Pro Image 100, one of which is in my Dynax 404si and 10 rolls of Kodak Vision 3 Superslow ISO 1.6, one being in my EOS 300x.

5. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just buy some Fuji C200 instead - it's the same film. If you buy in larger quantities you can get it for around £2.50 a roll. Not as cheap as Poundland, sadly, but not too bad.

e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Fuj...637701?hash=item33de673485:g:s5kAAOSwETJaFbdL

And that is for 36 exp rolls.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just wanted to say thanks to Ken @kendo1 for the very generous donation of an OM 50/1.8 which I received yesterday. I’m going to be using it on both my OM1 and Sony A7 so thanks for that mate. I’ll sort you out with some beer tokens at the next meet :0)

IMG_9943.jpg

RaglanSurf, Andysnap and kendo1 like this.
  7. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have considered Fuji c200, but it'll probably take me a while to get through the Pro Image. The Vision 3 will take a lot longer.

I mostly shoot B&W now because I have bought the stuff to develop it. I'm just doing plenty of research beforehand so I don't ruin my film. Maybe in the future I'll try C41, or cross process some of the Vision 3.

8. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I got one of these in my Emulsive Secret Santa! I was considering pinholing it too... Time for a project :)

stevelmx5 likes this.
  9. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't normally buy outdated film - sometimes find some in old bulkloaders - 20180107_155258sc.jpg
    but could not resist (for £1) a tin of cine stock that expired a year before I was born - long. long, ago.

I expect it will be fogged beyond redemption and if not as slow as treacle. One stop per decade, so 100/6 gives me ISO 17-ish.

EDIT - Got images - at ISO 6 - grainy and fungus at some of the emulsion -

See shot here

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  10. kendo1

kendo1

Name:
    Ken
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :eek:
    You're older than me!

11. stupar

stupar

Name:
    Stuart
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So i snared the Konica C35 earlier today.
    Now I've just managed to bag an Olympus trip 35 for less than £20.

I look forward to having a go with both cameras when they arrive.

12. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What a great buy! It expired a month after I was born. Wouldn't 5 stops make it ISO 3?

13. joxby

joxby

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    No
    ah.....shoot it at tin speed, it'll be fine..:D

14. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Erm. Brain was not in gear - is it 5 or 6 stops ? Takes off sock 1965(1)-1975(2)-1985(3)-1995(4)-2005(5)-and other sock 2015(6)
    100>50>25>12>6>3>1.5

Lets call it ISO 1 - gulp

15. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Surely 1975 would be the end of the first decade, hence 5 stops? Either way, slow! Good for some nice long exposure landscapes!

16. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Expired 1955 - so 1965 would be 1 decade

17. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ahh, yes, apologies. The 5 looked like a 6 on this jebbing monitor!

18. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have some Kodak ortho iso 3 and some iso 1.6 film. The EOS 300x, 5, Nikon F90X, F801s and Yashica FX-D can be set to 6 and +1 or +2. The Nikon F3 can't add 2 stops when set at the lowest ISO setting but you can on an FE, which will go as low as ISO 3 at +2.

19. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I thought it was 1965 too, I'm not that old.

20. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I had to look twice - the label on the outer packaging is clearer.

21. kendo1

kendo1

Name:
    Ken
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :eek: You're younger than me!

Manwithacam likes this.
  22. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I use half-a-stop per decade for expired B&W film, so about ASA 12 would do it.

23. freecom2

freecom2

Edit My Images:
    No
    In complete agreement with Nick - send it back ASAP. I would only contemplate servicing if it was <£60 to purchase in the first place, and a service would make it as good as new (with the guarantee of a recent documented service).

The ones on Ffordes are a little expensive at the moment though. How about this one from MW Classic? I appreciate not as robust a guarantee as Ffordes, but the £46 difference could probably pay for a service if it wasn't 100%....

http://www.mwclassic.com/product/hasselblad-a12-magazine-back-black-no-ur3110833-with-dark-slide/

Carl Hall and RaglanSurf like this.
  24. StephenM

StephenM

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As someone who was using a camera before that film expired... just bear in mind that in the early 1960s the ASA changed the way film speeds were rated to remove a previous built in safety factor designed to reduce the chance of underexposure, and all film speeds doubled overnight.

25. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

A long strip of black stuff drying. I can tell where the fully exposed leader ends, just. Closer inspection shows some really interesting swirls of fog, pea souper variety, and 3 frames I can see images on near the end of the first bit I pulled off. It may get less foggy further in - at the moment in the ISO 6 to 1.5 ball park. I need to mix up more ID11 as the original D76 times of 17 mins or so were for stock solution and see if I have any anti-fog magic drops in my store. This is very thick film, I have seen rulers that were easier to bend. So we shall see - if I get one useable picture I'll be really happy.

Woodsy and Manwithacam like this.
  26. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    1955!! That was 6 years before my dad was born :LOL:

27. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to send it back to them and get one from somewhere else. WY Cameras have a chrome one for £99 that looks tidy from the photos. I've not used them before but I hear very good things

28. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  29. Fraser Euan White

Fraser Euan White

Name:
    Fraser White
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yeap - noticed the very high prices his stuff sells for - an MD4 went for £95 the other day!

30. AnthonyJC

AnthonyJC

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Must invest in one of those Nikon yellow plinths he uses in most of his Nikon listings.

Must have some mystical charm that mesmerises bidders it paying over the odds for his kit...........

:)

RaglanSurf likes this.
  31. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I bought my LX from them, I thought they were very good. Mind you, I drove up to buy in person... and to do a straight swap with an AF camera and a couple of lenses!

Carl Hall likes this.
  32. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Did you have to worry about remjet (whatever it is), being movie stock and that?

33. AnthonyJC

AnthonyJC

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Appear pricey compared to a number of recent purchases from Ffordes, who have been great even though one of the recent purchases turned out to be faulty.

Bought a servo finder EE for the Canon F-1 that turned out to be faulty upon receipt. No quibbles and returned the next day. Full refund including my return postage costs paid back into my account within 3 days.

BTW if anyone hears of a complete working servo EE finder, bear me in mind......

34. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No remjet - but does have interesting fungus !!!!

ChrisR likes this.
  35. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I sold my first FM to them a few years back and regretted it the next day. I bought my current FM for more than the first one, though I did get that for £17 from a charity shop.

36. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    With prices going up it shows that buying cameras and lenses when they were going for peanuts was a good investment, now all we need is those people who are not interested in photography but investment to start buying and it would be a small disaster for filmies...I've seen this before when many moons ago I collected stamps, and suddenly it was the in thing to invest in, prices shot up so gave up.

37. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Time to start going through your collection Brian, thin it out and make your money back. Help top up yuor pension if nothing else.

excalibur2 likes this.
  38. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well Steven old farts like me regret not keeping that old motorcycle, dinky toys etc...and biggest regret not buying a house for £7,500 in London (worth a million now). But recently was amazed that all the warnings about Agfa Vista i.e. buy what you can, as now you could double your money on the bay, lucky I bought about 70 rolls, but can't be bothered to sell them for £140 as I would use it over the years and there is not much that interesting that you can buy for £70 profit... these days

39. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There's no point buying Vista to sell on ebay, as the postage and fees wipe out any profit. If you were to buy a roll for a quid and then stick it on ebay for £5 with free postage, then you'd make 23p profit... Even if you charged for postage you'd have to be selling it for £3 + P&P just to net a pound, and no one is going to pay almost £6 a roll delivered. The only way to make it work is to sell it in bulk, like 5 or 10 rolls at a time I think, but it's a lot of effort for very little gain.

40. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Cheers Chris, it's always good to get a recommendation! I'd love to go visit them but it's a 10 hour round trip :LOL: The only camera shop even close to me is Mifsuds which is about an hour and a half away :(