Show us yer film shots then!

I have a small backlog of films waiting to be developed.
So while I'm waiting a found a few from some time in the last few months, not yet shared. These were taken on a Praktica MTL3, 50mm Pentacon lens, and Rollei IR400 film (no filter on this occasion). The location was Cragside, a National Trust property in Northumberland.

The interior shots demonstrated that whilst I can hand-hold some of my cameras at 1/30second or slower, that's a bit risky with the Praktica.

2017, Praktica MTL3, Rollei IR400, HC110 dil B,  002.jpg
2017, Praktica MTL3, Rollei IR400, HC110 dil B,  016.jpg

2017, Praktica MTL3, Rollei IR400, HC110 dil B,  014.jpg

Attachments

• 2017, Praktica MTL3, Rollei IR400, HC110 dil B,  002.jpg
    2017, Praktica MTL3, Rollei IR400, HC110 dil B, 002.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 6
Following on from a thread in 'OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!' about my tin of expired in 1955 Super-XX film. I finally got an image !

Very expired - People

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Taken on 12 January 2018 on Eastman Super-XX Cine film that expired in September 1955. The odd patterns are fungus that had been growing on film. Rated at ISO 6 and developed 8 minutes in 1+1 ID11. 1/30th second at f/1.8 using a 50mm EF lens on Canon EOS 3.

Following on from a thread in 'OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!' about my tin of expired in 1955 Super-XX film. I finally got an image !

Very expired - People

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Taken on 12 January 2018 on Eastman Super-XX Cine film that expired in September 1955. The odd patterns are fungus that had been growing on film. Rated at ISO 6 and developed 8 minutes in 1+1 ID11. 1/30th second at f/1.8 using a 50mm EF lens on Canon EOS 3.

Maybe the fungus is on the first bit of film and inside might be ok... erm but thinking, if the fungus starts at all the edge then it would work it's way through all the film :(

Maybe the fungus is on the first bit of film and inside might be ok... erm but thinking, if the fungus starts at all the edge then it would work it's way through all the film :(
This is about 10 feet in of a 100 foot reel. You can see the patterns of the fungus on the film as you attach it to the spool in the bulk loader. It is very fogged which is why I pulled the development a lot. Original time for Super-XX was 20 minutes in stock D76. This only had 8 in 1+1 .

This is about 10 feet in of a 100 foot reel. You can see the patterns of the fungus on the film as you attach it to the spool in the bulk loader. It is very fogged which is why I pulled the development a lot. Original time for Super-XX was 20 minutes in stock D76. This only had 8 in 1+1 .

Well there is one thought in that all living things on earth need water, so if the tin was air tight then the fungus would go so far and die, but if the tin wasn't air tight and kept say in a damp garage then :eek: :(

Well there is one thought in that all living things on earth need water, so if the tin was air tight then the fungus would go so far and die, but if the tin wasn't air tight and kept say in a damp garage then :eek: :(
Many fungi can survive on metabolic water and have no need for damp.

Many fungi can survive on metabolic water and have no need for damp.

..but still nothing can survive if sealed or any absence of any form of water....unless you are saying fungus produces water by chemical reaction with the chemicals of the film?

..but still nothing can survive if sealed or any absence of any form of water....unless you are saying fungus produces water by chemical reaction with the chemicals of the film?
By digesting the gelatine - turns it into CO2 and H2O - metabolism.

Last edited:
By digesting the gelatine - turns it into CO2 and H2O - metabolism.

Well that's interesting although I've never had fungus on negs or slides going back to the late fifties...just stored in living room. And still have some unused roll film but only going back to 1988 also about the late eighties bulk B\W film in a Watson..and the last time I used it there was no fungus.
Maybe fungus likes the chemicals more in film produced in the early fifties :eek:

Back