OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

The t shirt was doing so well until I noticed the 'raw' and 'fine' on there.

Design a transfer for us filmies, send me the file and I beleive ( never done it!) that if I buy the transfer paper from Canon, I can print em out on my pixma.
All we need then is someone to find cheap T shirts to iron the transfers onto.;)

I know that canon pretty much topped out at 1/8000 - the EOS 1N-RS with the pellicle mirror was probably the fastest thing they made on film - at that kind of shutter speed, it's not just moving the shutter thats the issue, its getting the mirror out of the way in time as well.
Before that they made the EOS RT with the same combination of pellicle mirror and 1/8000s. I think it was based on the EOS 650 the first EOS, I have both. The 650 is known for being the camera that took the first picture uploaded onto the internet.

Well, the EOS-1V didn't last long and it's been sold, along with both Contax 645 bodies. So I don't have a new film related thing to post about but I am making culls to what I do have.

I've just bought myself a nice black OM4-Ti as I've never used one and fancied trying out the metering system. That means, (assuming I like it when it arrives!), my silver OM1 will be going to make way for it. I'm going to have to use them side by side for a while because do really like the simplicity of the OM1, but also miss the benefit of the exposure processing of the (several!) OM2's I've owned before :0)

Either way, one or the other will be in the classifieds in the next week or so!

Courtesy of @boogie man

AE-1
by Ian, on Flickr

I may even treat myself to some Ektachrome to go in it :)

A proper treat to me is on its way....

OMG it is absolutely gorgeous, much more so than the classifieds ( or my) photos would suggest, and already my concerns regarding the rigidity of the standards have departed as locked down, it appears pretty darned sturdy and it is soooooo wonderfully light ( I'll have to be carreful when windy perhaps but for lugging it around, compared to my other outfits, it's gunna be a delight:banana::banana::woot::woot::banana::banana::woot::woot:

Many many thanks Lloyd @FruitFlakes for your honest responses to my questions in the sales thread and a serious :clap::clap::clap: for what can only be described as out of this world packaging!

Fair enough I have yet to have a play out in the field, but I am absolutely delighted with the first impressions :):):):ty::):):)

Tachihara 45.jpg

Enjoy the camera @Asha! Photos definitely don't do it justice, it's a deep black under most lighting but when the sun hits it right you can see the red from the cherrywood.

It's lovely.

Just to prove we 'Fusty and Crusty' types are not all Luddites - fresh from my new 3D Printer

It is for pulling 35mm film out of negative sleeves ..........

20180928_163821.jpg

Last edited:
Excuse the poor photo, I’ll take a better one later. I’ve just come home to my new (to me) OM4-Ti. Apart from the fact it’s missing the plastic self timer and flag connection covers it seems to be pretty much mint.

IMG_1592.JPG

I’ve had a brief play with the metering and the multi-spot memory is ace. The internal diopter on the viewfinder is very useful too. I’ll put a film through it to make sure but I think there’s going to be a tidy OM1 in the classified soon :0)

Excuse the poor photo, I’ll take a better one later. I’ve just come home to my new (to me) OM4-Ti. Apart from the fact it’s missing the plastic self timer and flag connection covers it seems to be pretty much mint.

View attachment 135451

I’ve had a brief play with the metering and the multi-spot memory is ace. The internal diopter on the viewfinder is very useful too. I’ll put a film through it to make sure but I think there’s going to be a tidy OM1 in the classified soon :0)
Nice one.
I have a broken OM2sp and could send you the missing sync cap if they are the same?
The self timer is also missing unfortunately.

Nice one.
I have a broken OM2sp and could send you the missing sync cap if they are the same?
The self timer is also missing unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for the offer bud. Unfortunately, I’m probably sending it back because the shutter is intermittent and failing to close more often than work :0(. I’m gutted because the viewfinder is much brighter than my OM1. Oh well, risk of buying a bargain I guess!

Shame about the OM4Ti. The first one I tried earlier in the month was in mint condition but the advance lever was very stiff so I ended up sending it back as it was a fault not listed. The viewfinder is great on them so I really wanted another one.
So I took a chance on one on ebay described as a rough diamond. Made a offer that got excepted and got the 10% off ebay offer so very happy.

JzVSwMSva_zJIJBjh13sxXjaRetxNmOH6eHgIxOoxLUSeeG5C5lJKZmQ1qFEo8B0FtqrZpdurTvfElhvPXpSUV70hdWpBS3o2UCB-E6nIOVRMTG9u3kVDmX7JQu9bgAPnNsYGwXL5ayAktbJdWowZ8sMy5Sj_Da6qmM5hmoKU372uHIXS4if-BQIpbH6ljbdfRhOZt6zxXJL6v5uIFBjEjHCUKK1ZSv-VlV__l7wxwBjvBhhUiwGUHjnrvuN35oYnJzgbuYCgwCi1qXVIseovLUZRWZkYaLFm7LeiXfuTkWZPj1FJZDAef63xX9zoU3eBAcmezycrfDVKuAhPIFuzLPMpg0lS8TGGzJdwRftTJ6K6Eza6SsQ1H4W3XXlLNnu5k67XFAuSqwDPtlD3NNcIsrG4P1z3k16L-wDLSDSqooF78lF2g3TfTyA5_X2S6iye9i8QSGhZfGy6pZpcFJd_e9mvNcH5_ULRn780uBJ9vArCsPLmnuOU5nGchGI9kipoxX2IYYdrnl-Rd29YXQAGIfhlSb79UuNhJSn-nNkDcTFuMxCXxUYefKnW7ywCVgKbnkLzcYbipyCjS4Vt9lIblQiYosFM2Je6kvEGaklXkEb6OMgFvDVsdE70DhBzJU=w1474-h980-no

I have ran a roll of film through it and it works perfectly much better than the mint looking one which was twice the price;)

Just to prove we 'Fusty and Crusty' types are not all Luddites - fresh from my new 3D Printer

It is for pulling 35mm film out of negative sleeves ..........

View attachment 135449
I have been thinking of getting a 3d printer for a good few years now and you are NOT helping :)

Just had to buy a prism finder for the Bronica SQ-A because using the waist level finder on it's side on a tripod was getting to be a bit of a chore. It has a built in meter but it took me a while to figure out how it workedIMG_0131.jpg IMG_0137.jpg

Last edited:
Proper pressie to self arrived today. That's me done for the rest of the year...

Tomiyama 6x17
by Ian, on Flickr

And through the viewfinder at Delamere...

Last edited:
Just had to buy a prism finder for the Bronica SQ-A because using the waist level finder on it's side on a tripod was getting to be a bit of a chore. It has a built in meter but it took me a while to figure out how it workedView attachment 135518 View attachment 135519

I’m confused.

Why are you needing to use a 6x6 camera on its side?

Are you using a 6x4.5 back or something?

Last edited:
Shame about the OM4Ti. The first one I tried earlier in the month was in mint condition but the advance lever was very stiff so I ended up sending it back as it was a fault not listed. The viewfinder is great on them so I really wanted another one.
So I took a chance on one on ebay described as a rough diamond. Made a offer that got excepted and got the 10% off ebay offer so very happy.

I have ran a roll of film through it and it works perfectly much better than the mint looking one which was twice the price;)

To be fair, this was being sold by a guy selling his late fathers' kit and, after chatting to him before the sale, it was clear that he couldn't confirm the functionality of the camera as he didn't know how to use it or have batteries. I bought it on the agreement of a refund if I found faults. Having been exercising it for a while, it seems to be failing less often (or working more regularly!) so may just be a case of lack of use. I'm talking to the seller about the refund option still, after I've tried to loosen it up for a few days so we'll see.

I’m confused.

Why are you needing to use a 6x6 camera on its side?

Are you using a 6x4.5 back or something?

Because unless the camera is a waist level I can't see into the view finder, so if I want it at head height for composition reasons it has to be on its side so that I can see into the view finder. But then with the view being upside down it gets quite hard to work out how to move it to get things level.

I have been thinking of getting a 3d printer for a good few years now and you are NOT helping :)

If you decide you want to scratch that itch I'd suggest getting in touch with https://lamm.space/ - Lancaster and Morecambe Maker Space. They have 3D printers at the space and lots of knowledge about what is good to buy and tips on use. My son works in the same building for one of the space sponsors and his printer lives there (though as an old home built one it spends more time getting fixed than printing these days). Some members have expressed an interest in exploring film but I'm a bit too far away to just pop up for an evening and help out.

If you decide you want to scratch that itch I'd suggest getting in touch with https://lamm.space/ - Lancaster and Morecambe Maker Space. They have 3D printers at the space and lots of knowledge about what is good to buy and tips on use. My son works in the same building for one of the space sponsors and his printer lives there (though as an old home built one it spends more time getting fixed than printing these days). Some members have expressed an interest in exploring film but I'm a bit too far away to just pop up for an evening and help out.
Thanks, I didn't know about that, may be I can use theirs rather than buying :thinking:

My two recent arrivals

DSC_4355 by Simon, on Flickr
Can't comment on the Agfa but that little Olympus will do you proud. I had one briefly and it was great to use abroad on holiday. The shots on Tri-X were fantastically sharp and all well exposed. I only sold mine as I had too many cameras and I like having the ability to zone focus.

Cheers Mathew. I've already put a few rolls through the Olympus and it is fantastic.

Funnily enough, the Agfa is all about zone focus.

And that Solinar lens is just outstanding

Back