OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Are you sure about that Bri ?:thinking:

I've just put the speedgrip on my etrs without having to do any removal of the battery cover! ;)

Well I'll have another look.....but then the question (for me) is: - why did I take the battery cover off in the first place (and lose it) as I wasn't senile years ago o_O

Well I'll have another look.....but then the question (for me) is: - why did I take the battery cover off in the first place (and lose it) as I wasn't senile years ago o_O

Solved..... I couldn't have put the cover in properly, so in now with speed grip attached. (y)

While out today I came across this Pentax ME body for £14.99. I also collected this Contax 137MD that I got for £31.09 from eBay, still in it's box, complete with the Yashica DSB 50mm f2 lens. The ME initially had a jammed shutter, but it freed up quickly and is working fine after a bit of use. The Contax seems to be faultless and has been reskinned in brown lizard skin, but also has a spare set in black leather.IMG_20180922_203157.jpegIMG_20180922_172649-1.jpeg

Doesn't that ME look gorgeous! I've never seen one in black before. I really must get mine working again. The Contax looks, um, a bit different! But £31.09!! Go, Steve...

Doesn't that ME look gorgeous! I've never seen one in black before. I really must get mine working again. The Contax looks, um, a bit different! But £31.09!! Go, Steve...
That was the first thing I thought about the ME too. It'll go well with my black MX.

I like the look of the Contax, before I bought this I'd seen a 139 Quartz on Nik &Trick's site, with the same covering and a Yashica ML 50mm f1.4 for £199.99. I don't mind saving saving £168.90 by making a couple of compromises.

I saw this going for a song on eBay the other evening and decided to bid to give a charity a few more quid. The result, a virtually mint EOS 30 complete with original strap for £32!

I doubt it's had more than four or five films through it; I put some batteries in and ran a test film through it and it works a treat. I know I already have one but it's good to have a spare of your favourite camera, and at that price it really was too good to miss. :)

Well that escalated rather quickly [emoji39] Just need to source a lens now. I haven't ever been an AF camera kind of guy but I feel as though this might change my mind. I wanted something easier to use now that I'm getting on a bit. View attachment 135112
That is an awesome camera, top shutter speed of 1/12000 of a second and the grip has contacts so it wakes up when you grab it, oh and it sounds great too when you shoot a roll of 36 in seconds by accident :D

That is an awesome camera, top shutter speed of 1/12000 of a second and the grip has contacts so it wakes up when you grab it, oh and it sounds great too when you shoot a roll of 36 in seconds by accident :D
That 1/12000 of a second shutter speed might come in handy, I've just bought some rolls of Kodak P3200 to try out.

Did any other film camera ever made ever equal the 1/12000th shutter speed?
I had no idea until recently but apparently the predecessor to the Dynax 9 also had the 1/12000 sec speed, the Dynax 9xi. Supposedly tough but not quite as tough as the 9.

Did any other film camera ever made ever equal the 1/12000th shutter speed?

I know that canon pretty much topped out at 1/8000 - the EOS 1N-RS with the pellicle mirror was probably the fastest thing they made on film - at that kind of shutter speed, it's not just moving the shutter thats the issue, its getting the mirror out of the way in time as well.

I know that canon pretty much topped out at 1/8000 - the EOS 1N-RS with the pellicle mirror was probably the fastest thing they made on film - at that kind of shutter speed, it's not just moving the shutter thats the issue, its getting the mirror out of the way in time as well.
Anything with much faster FPS than that becomes a cine camera anyway!

The family know me so well. My birthday t-shirt! View attachment 135238

I like the shirt, David, and Happy Birthday too. (y) I got this one for my birthday the other month... no giant Toblerone though! :grumpy:

Last edited:

I like the shirt, David, and Happy Birthday too. (y) I got this one for my birthday the other month... no giant Toblerone though! :grumpy:

That's bloomin' brilliant!

(The answer is, nearly all of it! Light meters are an area of great confusion to me...)

The t shirt was doing so well until I noticed the 'raw' and 'fine' on there.

Back