OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Asha - if you're going to ask for PM's - it helps if you've got the system switch "initiate PM's" turned on. Fortunately, a colleague of mine sorted that with you. Oh - and - for future reference, technically, you should do your freebie swaps in the freebies bit of the classifieds... especiallty if you're going to have other mods involved with fixing problems for you... ;)

it's been a while since you were around, so i'm not going to get all bent out of shape about this time, but try and venture to the classies next time please. cheers...

I know I know I've been a bit slack, but hey what do you expect from a "Blithering Idiot"! :D

I'll pull me sox up 'n try to do better next time;)

I don't know who gave you the title, but I do recall the old saying that it takes one to know one :exit:

And wasted my first roll of film by going all Rolleiflex on it and loading the damn thing the wrong way around. Ah well, at least I have a training film now :D
Also turned out film transport needed a bit of cleaning and lubrication. Hope next outing will go better

My EOS 50 arrived on Friday. £20 from ebay, sadly without a battery or the eyecup. Bought a battery from Amazon so I've loaded it up with a roll of Kodak ProImage 100 to test it out. Only shot a few frames with it so far but everything seems to be working as it should

My EOS 50 arrived on Friday. £20 from ebay, sadly without a battery or the eyecup. Bought a battery from Amazon so I've loaded it up with a roll of Kodak ProImage 100 to test it out. Only shot a few frames with it so far but everything seems to be working as it should

Does it have a dioptre change in the viewfinder...as I found the EOS 300v has this and a bonus is not having to use spectacles (y) but the 300v stupidly has expensive batteries (n)

Does it have a dioptre change in the viewfinder...as I found the EOS 300v has this and a bonus is not having to use spectacles (y) but the 300v stupidly has expensive batteries (n)

I don't think it does, I haven't noticed a little wheel to change it next to the viewfinder. I usually wear contact lenses anyway so it doesn't matter too much. I hate trying to shoot in my glasses.

As the eyepiece surround is there you could try sliding it off and moulding a custom eyecup onto the removed surround with 'Sugru'. I did this as a stop gap with one of my Canon cameras and decided not to bother getting a real one as it worked better than the original.

Edit

https://sugru.com/ - I've found it in Hobbycraft or got it from Amazon

Last edited:
I don't think it does, I haven't noticed a little wheel to change it next to the viewfinder. I usually wear contact lenses anyway so it doesn't matter too much. I hate trying to shoot in my glasses.

On older non AF SLRs Nikon are very good for dioptres, Canon and Minolta are more rare (if they were ever made) and as for Chinon, Konica, Yashica etc it's :eek:

As the eyepiece surround is there you could try sliding it off and moulding a custom eyecup onto the removed surround with 'Sugru'. I did this as a stop gap with one of my Canon cameras and decided not to bother getting a real one as it worked better than the original.

Edit

https://sugru.com/ - I've found it in Hobbycraft or got it from Amazon

That's not a bad idea at all, I'll have a look for this stuff. A replacement eyepiece is a tenner from Wex which seems a bit much for a tiny bit of plastic

Glad it arrived safely, if you measure the eye surround frame (inside width across) I'll see if the spare one I have will fit, you're welcome to it if it does (but I'd have to list in in the freebies section of the forum to keep the mods happy! :D). Don't get too excited as I think the one I have is a bit smaller than that, but it's worth a look. Oh, and if you're after some film, 7 day shop have Kodak Gold 200 ISO for sale at £20.69 for 5 rolls of 35 exposure inc UK delivery. (y)

As for the dioptre setting, the EOS 30 has one too Brian, but it's tucked away next to the viewfinder eye cup surround, so it's easiest to take the eye cup off to set it. The 30 is a cracking little camera if you can find a good one at the right money.

)
, ) I'll see if the spare one I have will fit, you're welcome to it if it does (but I'd have to list in in the freebies section of the forum to keep the mods happy! :D).

Be daring and sort it in here:exit:… ( I never said that, honest!:muted: :muted::p.). be aware though that you're never too old to be given a slap and the mods WILL track you down :police::D:D

)

Be daring and sort it in here:exit:… ( I never said that, honest!:muted: :muted::p.). be aware though that you're never too old to be given a slap and the mods WILL track you down :police::D:D
I refuse to say anything on the grounds I might incriminate myself! :D Anyway, best not to annoy the mod gods, they generally leave us alone to play nicely in the F&C section so it's probably best not to draw too much attention to ourselves. ;)

Glad it arrived safely, if you measure the eye surround frame (inside width across) I'll see if the spare one I have will fit, you're welcome to it if it does (but I'd have to list in in the freebies section of the forum to keep the mods happy! :D). Don't get too excited as I think the one I have is a bit smaller than that, but it's worth a look. Oh, and if you're after some film, 7 day shop have Kodak Gold 200 ISO for sale at £20.69 for 5 rolls of 35 exposure inc UK delivery. (y)

As for the dioptre setting, the EOS 30 has one too Brian, but it's tucked away next to the viewfinder eye cup surround, so it's easiest to take the eye cup off to set it. The 30 is a cracking little camera if you can find a good one at the right money.

Thanks, I'll measure it when I get home and let you know. I bought a 5 pack of Kodak ProImage 100 for about that price from Speed Graphic, I thought I'd try something new. Also got a roll of Ektar 100 as I've never shot that either and I love the look of it. I might get some Gold 200 for my holiday in a few weeks though.

I find 200 ISO is a bit more flexible in spring and autumn light than 100 ISO, and 400 ISO is handy for winter and dull. 800 ISO Kodak Portra is lovely in winter but at over £12 a roll it's a rare treat! Pick sunny weather for the Ektar 100 and you should enjoy the results.

Anyway, best not to annoy the mod gods, they generally leave us alone to play nicely in the F&C section so it's probably best not to draw too much attention to ourselves. ;)

I'm sure we always play nicely :D

On the point at issue - surely the simple way around it is if people who want something simply put a post in the "Wanted" section? If someone offers a freebie, so much the better.

Well I know rules are rules but it does seem a bit pointless adding a freebie in classifieds when you are going to ignore anyone else, they may be interested, and give it to me anyway. h'mm

I could just keep quiet and let one of the other mod's give you a weeks ban Brian.... it's entirely up to you.

A Butcher's 'watch pocket carbine' folding camera. Apart from the lens it is identical to my 1918ish ICA Icarette. Clearly made for Butcher's by ICA - it even has an ICA serial number. The serial number starts with a C so not too long after ICA was formed. If Huttig used the same serial number system as ICA it might even be a Huttig. I have weeks of enjoyable research ahead for me.

I could just keep quiet and let one of the other mod's give you a weeks ban Brian.... it's entirely up to you.
Oh, hush now, you'll scare Brian. You know the others peep through the crack in the door and tut about the cobwebs, musty smell and the size of the spiders in here, but they don't like coming in here themselves as they end up smelling of mice, stale fixer and old books for several days afterwards! There's only you and Cobra that that'll pay a regular visit without pitchforks, garlic, burning torches and an up to date rabies vaccination! ;)

Last edited:
doesn't work, we can read edit history :)

What about I've deleted the post? Oh no I suppose mods can read an edited deleted post :eek:....you can't win :(
I still don't know what I've done so bad, other than it being off topic, all I did was post a mild opinion.

What about I've deleted the post? Oh no I suppose mods can read an edited deleted post :eek:....you can't win :(
I still don't know what I've done so bad, other than it being off topic, all I did was post a mild opinion.

You didn't do anything bad Brian, but you are making it worse by banging on about it, let it go, move on and have a nice day. :D

You know the others peep through the crack in the door and tut about the cobwebs, musty smell and the size of the spiders in here, but they don't like coming in here themselves as they end up smelling of mice, stale fixer and old books for several days afterwards!
That's why they send me in here. Cobra says I smell funny anyway. :grumpy:

You're not kidding about the spiders though. Spider 1.gif

Looks fantastic, I'm sure you'll have hours of frustration, sorry, I mean fun using that large format work of art. Looks great in mulberry too, that's the colour I'd have gone for if I'd have been insane enough to get drawn into the obsession that is large format photography. ;) Teasing aside, I hope you have great fun using it and I'll look forward to seeing the results (but not as entries in FPOTY if the photos look as good as that camera does!). :)

Last edited:
Exactly Steveo, Plastic Fantastic 70's tack :exit::D:D:D

At least now @Andysnap will be clour co-ordinated ……………………………...with his shirts!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It does indeed look like a smart piece of gear ( Bravo @stevelmx5 (y) ) although I'd have to wear :cool: to protect my eyes from glare:LOL:

Oi! I did have someone once describe it as something he'd expect to see in a Dollar Store on a shelf next to a poop emoji pillow :D I reckon he loved it really and wasn't at all a bitter old photographer...

As for protecting your eyes...you haven't seen Nick's yet....

I'm not surprised the battery cover for the etrs can get lost as you have to take it off to fit the speed grip :(

Are you sure about that Bri ?:thinking:

I've just put the speedgrip on my etrs without having to do any removal of the battery cover! ;)

Looks fantastic, I'm sure you'll have hours of frustration, sorry, I mean fun using that large format work of art. Looks great in mulberry too, that's the colour I'd have gone for if I'd have been insane enough to get drawn into the obsession that is large format photography. ;) Teasing aside, I hope you have great fun using it and I'll look forward to seeing the results (but not as entries in FPOTY if the photos look as good as that camera does!). :)

There can be only one....... To quote Highlander. I assume that like a great sportsman the Mulberry colour will now be retired. :D

Back