OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Very interested to see what you think of it vs the GW690III. Congratulations!
I didn’t enjoy the rangefinder experience. Wanna buy a 690?

I opted for a second gen 67 with MLU. I was tempted by an early one on eBay but after firing a few shots I’m amazed at the shutter slap!

Last edited:
I didn’t enjoy the rangefinder experience. Wanna buy a 690?

I opted for a second gen 67 with MLU. I was tempted by an early one on eBay but after firing a few shots I’m amazed at the shutter slap!

It would join all the other unloved medium format cameras! :LOL:

The shutter sound (particularly with the lens off) is unbelievable.

My 75yr old neighbour said "you like cameras, I might have couple for you". Anyway he popped round today and said these were his dad's and could I use themView attachment 339164
View attachment 339166

So it's a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex with a Compur shutter and a 50mm lens plus another 35mm lens and numerous filters, case, box etc.

The shutter operates at all speeds, focus is clear and the selenium meter has life in it. I'm not sure which model it is and can't figure how to get the back off. Anyone have any ideas on the model so I can download a manual for it?

The other one is this
View attachment 339168
Shutter works too. Would this Coronet be 120? As best I tell it's basically a folding single speed camera - in essence a box camera but easier to go in a pocket,

I've got 35mm and 120 films at home so assuming I can open the Contaflex and the Coronet is 120 they'll both have films run through them.

As he was leaving, and I'd of course thanked him profusely he pulls a Coronet Midget out his pocket saying "you can't have this, it was my brothers and he died in 1959".

Anyway they both support a certain charity that is close them so I'll make a suitable donation. It was very kind of him to give me the cameras and very touching to hear about his brothers Midget.

Have a look here https://camerapedia.fandom.com/wiki/Coronet_(folding_120)

Couldn't resist this oddball Wista VF 5x4 stereo/mugshot camera. Although the bellows are in pretty bad shape the lenses are working perfectly. There is a spring loaded septum between the lenses. It uses a standard flat Wista lens board so the lens pair could be adapted to another camera body . I'll see if I can fix the bellows temporarily so I can try the camera out, then think about getting replacement bellows. The lenses are an odd size for lens hoods or filters; 38mm o/d (36mm screw in ?).

IMG_0586 copy.jpg

Not so much a new toy….. but I found a handle going spare which I just had to purchase. They just look right with one fitted.

Im on the hunt for a quick focus ring if anyone has one they’d part with. Crazy expensive from Japan!

Attachments

• 1DFF0CCB-1CD8-4385-B11B-A85D5CB25B31.jpeg
    1DFF0CCB-1CD8-4385-B11B-A85D5CB25B31.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
That looks like a 500CX I had my eyes on at CameraCity. I’m incredibly jealous. Love to hear your thoughts once you get it out on the wild!

You don't do things by half, do you? Well done! It looks lovely - unused.
I had an RB67 for quite a long time and it had got to the point where I just wasn't using it because it was too big. Had quite a few lenses for it, and chopped the whole lot in to WYC. Also, my M6 sold for a tidy profit (the prices on them are utterly ridiculous at the moment). I love the square format and it was a toss up between this and the Bronnie. I managed to have a sneaky look at @sirch 's camera during a meetup back in the summer, and whilst it was lovely and compact, it didn't feel as robust as the 503 does.

Love to hear your thoughts once you get it out on the wild!
I put a roll through it straight away to make sure it was working, and I have the same issue I have with all WLFs. As a glasses wearer I need to make sure my distance specs are on to get accurate focus. Not a bother at apertures where the dof gives you wiggle room, but with the lens stopping down to 2.8, I've already discovered I missed focus with the wrong glasses. I may get a corrected magnifier for it (when I've saved up again).

Usability is lovely. The focus throw on the 80mm it is huge though and that's really the only downside. I love how winding the crank also advances the film... The RB needed two operations!

It's also so compact & light despite being solidly built, which is huge boon for me.

Seller described it as "very good" condition, but it looks mint to me. Small amount or paint wear on the film mag, but otherwise, I think I got a good one (fingers crossed!)

I put a roll through it straight away to make sure it was working, and I have the same issue I have with all WLFs. As a glasses wearer I need to make sure my distance specs are on to get accurate focus. Not a bother at apertures where the dof gives you wiggle room, but with the lens stopping down to 2.8, I've already discovered I missed focus with the wrong glasses. I may get a corrected magnifier for it (when I've saved up again).
I use a 45 degree finder on my Broni Ian, I'm sure Hassy do one, the Broni one has a dioptre corrected lens in it so I don't have focus issues.

L1010111.jpg

Photo courtesy of Mrs T.

DSC04055 PS Adj.JPG

Re: Hasselblad prisms

I’m a fan of the PM3/PM5 non-metered ones since they’re a lot cheaper. I had one on my 503cx that was stolen and I liked it, but really the waist level finder was the best for my use since the 45 degree prism was at a similar height to me using the WLF with the magnifier up anyway. The extra weight of the prism made itself unwelcome a few hours in. The chimney finders are good as they have a built in -3 to +3 diopter, so no need to hunt down the correct one plus they’re quite light in comparison.

Yes, I can set it to 10 foot to infinity with the lens pushed in. It's also probably only effective with the shutter on INST at approximately 1/30 second. The TIME setting, which is actually B, is effectively useless as the camera has neother a tripod socket nor provision for a cable release. So, on that basis, does it qualify?
Hello Peter,
One way to use B or T is to rest the camera on a support (perhaps a tripod table top with a bungee cord) place a black card in front of the lens. Open the shutter, remove card, time exposure, replace card and finally close shutter. This is the process outlined in the instructions for the Kodak vest pocket Kodak.
This would work better with T but might be OK with B if one is careful. If one is not careful intentional camera moment photography is now quite popular!

All the best

That is a big "cup" of coffee!

I am chuffed for you.
That looks like a beauty.
I love my Hasselblads to bits.

The best accessory I have is the winder cw, it makes handling a dream and saves me from forgetting to wind on after a shot.
I bought an A16 back as It's quite nice to get sixteen shots off a roll. The downside being that without a 90 degree prism shooting in portrait is awkward.
So I bought a pme 90 that doubles up as a flash bracket.
I feel your pain regarding the focus throw, sadly all CF lenses are like that.
Have fun

Re: Hasselblad prisms

I’m a fan of the PM3/PM5 non-metered ones since they’re a lot cheaper. I had one on my 503cx that was stolen and I liked it, but really the waist level finder was the best for my use since the 45 degree prism was at a similar height to me using the WLF with the magnifier up anyway. The extra weight of the prism made itself unwelcome a few hours in. The chimney finders are good as they have a built in -3 to +3 diopter, so no need to hunt down the correct one plus they’re quite light in comparison.
I agree the prisms are heavy, particularly the metered ones.
I only use my one when I'm doing tripod work.

That's in amazing condition. You had it from new?
No Tony, I wish. eBay purchase the body, back and lens. The finder took me ages to get they aren't too common for sale. Sad thing is I had a full Bronica SQ-Ai kit years ago from new but as many of us did sold it to fund the new digital stuff now 15 years later have spent a fortune replacing it with second hand stuff, hey-ho.

No Tony, I wish. eBay purchase the body, back and lens. The finder took me ages to get they aren't too common for sale. Sad thing is I had a full Bronica SQ-Ai kit years ago from new but as many of us did sold it to fund the new digital stuff now 15 years later have spent a fortune replacing it with second hand stuff, hey-ho.
Tell me about the whole digital fad.
I sold all my Hasselblad gear and all my darkroom stuff for pennies about the same time as you.
Here I am buying it all back at super inflated prices.

The power of hindsight!

Same for me with vinyl. Only I'm not buying it back. I couldn't afford to!

Tell me about the whole digital fad.
I sold all my Hasselblad gear and all my darkroom stuff for pennies about the same time as you.
Here I am buying it all back at super inflated prices.
Oddly enough, I did the opposite. I sold all my film kit at better than expected prices about ten or twelve years ago and then bought just the bits I wanted when they hit the bottom. This little lot cost me less than £100...

Canon cameras Tamron lenses _1050343.JPG

Oddly enough, I did the opposite. I sold all my film kit at better than expected prices about ten or twelve years ago and then bought just the bits I wanted when they hit the bottom. This little lot cost me less than £100...
You did well.

Sadly the prices of some systems/cameras have skyrocketed.
Hasselblad V, Hasselblad Xpan, Mamiya 7ii plus others.
Actually the Mamiya 7ii costs more now than when it was new (prices not adjusted for inflation)

You did well.

Sadly the prices of some systems/cameras have skyrocketed.
Hasselblad V, Hasselblad Xpan, Mamiya 7ii plus others.
Actually the Mamiya 7ii costs more now than when it was new (prices not adjusted for inflation)
Yep, I saw a Mamiya 7ii with 80mm lens on LCE today for £3,800!

Couldn't resist this oddball Wista VF 5x4 stereo/mugshot camera. Although the bellows are in pretty bad shape the lenses are working perfectly. There is a spring loaded septum between the lenses. It uses a standard flat Wista lens board so the lens pair could be adapted to another camera body . I'll see if I can fix the bellows temporarily so I can try the camera out, then think about getting replacement bellows. The lenses are an odd size for lens hoods or filters; 38mm o/d (36mm screw in ?).

View attachment 339834

I

1642269480465.jpeg

I'm attempting to make a focussing hood for the camera and measured it up this afternoon.

I haven't yet addressed the leaky bellows problem.

I

View attachment 340871

I'm attempting to make a focussing hood for the camera and measured it up this afternoon.

I haven't yet addressed the leaky bellows problem.
Love the analogue way you are making your design, kinda in keeping with the old camera. I still draw my stuff up like that but I have a portable drawing board which makes it a bit easier. (y)

Yes, I have a focus cloth but find that the focussing hoods for my Horseman medium format camera and Toyo 4x5 are much more convenient to use although a bit bulky. So I thought I would see if I can build something for the Wista.

Back