OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I'm not going to point them out Arthur, that's just be mean. It's not their fault they weren't brought up properly to use film cameras;) Alternatively it could all be in my "you're not from round these parts" head.;)

That phrase puts my nerves on edge. A few miles from where I live is a town called Pontefract. Back in my early drinking days, Pontefract had lots of pubs and young ladies of dubious virtue. So, if your shots were up to date it was an ideal place to go for a healthy 18/19 year old lad. Apart from one thing... Pontefracts local lads had this problem - they used to like to fight with anyone who lived further from the town centre than they did. So - the Pontefract lads would round upon the Knottingley (1 mile away) lads. Until the Featherstone (2 mile away) lads came into the pub. Whereupon the Pontefract and Knottingley crews would join forces and lay into the Featherstone lads. Then someone from Castleford (3 miles) would walk in, and again alliances would form. Eventually someone from Wakefield (8 miles) would come in and all hell would break out. Every round of violence seemed to be prefaced with "you're not from round here are you"...
so those words still make me expect to be hit from behind with a pool cue.

And there we have it. Pontefract. Positively the worst place EVER for a UFO to land on earth :LOL:

Disclaimer: of course this was a good 25 years ago, I haven't returned after the last evening of beer, bottles, stitches and a one-night-lie-in, so it may be a lovely place now. If anyone knows, don't bother telling me, I'm not going there!

Happens everywhere mate - even now but without the pool cues (usually) :LOL:

Hmmm:thinking: doesn't exactly fit with the warm and welcoming image this section had does it. Once loved, then under used, left neglected, pretty much sums up the film industry for the last few years. Hopefully one day the boozer might enjoy the muted revival that film is having.(y)

Hmmm:thinking: doesn't exactly fit with the warm and welcoming image this section had does it. Once loved, then under used, left neglected, pretty much sums up the film industry for the last few years. Hopefully one day the boozer might enjoy the muted revival that film is having.(y)

Strangely enough, when I drove by that pub yesterday, it was swathed in scaffolding, the roofing tiles had just been renewed, and they were fitting new windows in the upper stories, so it's looking promising :LOL:

Awesome.

Rhubard and Licorice. Sounds like a boiled sweet from childhood.
A lot of old cycling clubs used to have a 'photographic section' which was a euphemism for dawdling, boozing, lying in long grass and even, occasionally, taking photographs. Perhaps there's room for a modern equivalent?

Last edited:
Come on then...:naughty:

:cool:

2w3opcw.jpg

Also went ferreting for rabbits from an early age, and developed a taste for rabbit stew at the same time. :shrug:

Mmmm, rabbit stew (y)

Nice Bronica Joxby is that a version of the S2??????

I had an S2 yonks ago bloody damn fine camera it was

Its an EC, I had one before and loved it, this one is an ECTL, it has metering.
From the same family as the S, S2, S2A all mechanical, except the EC shutter timer is battery powered, Electronic Control, it was the last incarnation of that series.
They share lenses only, the backs, finders and whatnot are not interchangeable.
Never fancied an SQ...

If I had the spare wonga I'd buy an early Bronica too. Wouldn't use it much with such a slow sync speed but by god they're lovely to look at. Bronica took a real wrong turn with the styling of their later cameras in my opinion. Those things make my SQ look soulless.

Wouldn't use it much with such a slow sync speed but by god they're lovely to look at....

They make a 105mm leaf shutter lens which syncs up to 1/500th.

And more interestingly a 1200mm...:nuts:

Just picked up a nice looking Ensign Pocket 20 for a fiver on the bay-e. If it produces anywhere near the quality of the Ensign Selfix 16-20 I'll be very happy.

Andy

Picked up a Contax AX on the ebay today; with the option to get a RX for 65% of Ffordes price.

If I can beat down my good friend, the seller, by a few more quids; I could be looking at owning both of these classics.

The funding comes from selling the 90mm X pan lens and a 150mm Hassy lens.

But should I? Isn't one enough :D :D

You know one is enough but that probably won't stop you getting both. :naughty:

Oh and I asked at Real cameras and they don't have a Contax AX in at the moment, but you don't care now do you. (y) :D

Andy

Last edited:
You know one is enough but that probably won't stop you getting both. :naughty:

Oh and I asked at Real cameras and they don't have a Contax AX in at the moment, but you don't care now do you. (y) :D

Andy

The real question, Andy, is how much will I lose if I want to sell one or another.

The AX will get me back my money ( less the selling cost - ish). The RX, I am not so sure. It was on BIN for 150, and a starting bid of 100. No one bid when I did the BIN, but there were 20 watching. Ffordes has one listed for 240, so even at 150, its 65% of Ffordes. So Ffordes might just be willing to pay around 120 ish, if I sell.

But thats the logical part of the thinking. Never the one that one relies upon to get a toy, does one? :D

Nice going there ujjwal on the Contax :clap:

Just missed out on a Hasselblad 203FE complete :(

Any one know any where that does used Haselblad stuff apart from Ffordes or Aperture? :shrug:

Real Cameras in Manchester carry quite a lot of s/h Hassies.

Andy

Just got an EM in museum quality. Nice.......

Looking for an F, F5 and F6 when I have some dosh plus a few of the other

koni-1.jpg

So, rushed a film through this little beaut this evening and just pulled said film out of the wet bits... signs are that this may just be the best rf I have used! No, really, I mean OK the rf doesn't actually work yet but still - that early Hexar is making for some kicking images, I shall try and fire up the JS-21 to scan some frames in later when the film's dried out (Veho gone walkies to the coast - don't ask).

Now I know why I love Konica optics so much!(y)

Last edited:
If anyone has picked up any 20-40mm lenses on their travels with any mount (including a broken one) Julian (Wheels) is after one to use with a reversing ring. All it needs is a filter ring.

If anyone has picked up any 20-40mm lenses on their travels with any mount (including a broken one) Julian (Wheels) is after one to use with a reversing ring. All it needs is a filter ring.

Doesn't it also need a manual aperture ring? To be honest, I went for the extension tubes option with my Yashica MF lens, so I don't really have much experience with reverse mount rings. Do you mean reverse mounting a single lens, or connecting a lens to the normal mounted one with a back to back filter thread? If it's the latter, normally called a coupling ring then the filter thread diameter needs to match the normal mounted lens's thread diameter

Last edited:
Doesn't it also need a manual aperture ring? To be honest, I went for the extension tubes option with my Yashica MF lens, so I don't really have much experience with reverse mount rings. Do you mean reverse mounting a single lens, or connecting a lens to the normal mounted one with a back to back filter thread? If it's the latter, normally called a coupling ring then the filter thread diameter needs to match the normal mounted lens's thread diameter

Yes it does need an aperture ring too but as this is the film section I assumed an old lens would have it (shouldn't have assumed :)). I was just hoping someone might have something lying around. I had an old 28mm Canon FD lens lying around for ages but I don't know.

Well - latest new toy is in this shot... EF35-105mm f3.5, pictured with the rest of it's playmates :LOL:

(and yes - I know I need to get a more in-period 55mm lenscap for the 70-210, it seems I lost the original somewhere half a dozen house-moves ago :crying: )

Last edited:
The A-1 always looks a beast with a motor drive attached. :cool:

i just can't figure why I would need one, though :thinking:

Since when did need figure in film camera kit purchasing decisions? :LOL: Frankly, the motor-drive came with the body and 50mm lens when I swapped it for a couple of framed prints. The 28mm and 70-210 were left over from when I had a AE-1 Program years and years ago. Recent purchases have been confined to the 135mm a few weeks ago and the 35-105mm, which arrived this morning :)

Carrier pigeon arrived from Ujjwal today, amongst other things strapped to it's ankles was this... I recovered it as soon as it arrived :D

Contax.jpg

Looks awesome - the Yashica lens will do until I get all the other stuff sorted around here... but balance means I will now have to sell the X700 kit :( On the good side though I will have lots more space!

Thanks to Ujjwal for the 137 and the other little bits, the 120 tank is going to be just perfect (y)

Arthur - getting the tablecloth ready... :naughty:

On the other hand, my carrier pigeon delivered the Contax AX today.

Lovely camera - and all my manual focus lens are suddenly Autofocusing.

I will write a review once I finish a roll.

P.S : You are welcome Arthur, glad the 137 has found a good home. I hope I'll have the first right of refusal if you ever decide to sell it.......

Last edited:
Carrier pigeon arrived from Ujjwal today, amongst other things strapped to it's ankles was this... I recovered it as soon as it arrived :D

Contax.jpg

In the absence of a 'green with envy emoticon' :p:p:p

and....

P.S : You are welcome Arthur, glad the 137 has found a good home. I hope I'll have the first right of refusal if you ever decide to sell it.......

Ujjwal, I shall be wanting 'dibs' on this when Arthur has his next table-top sale (Hopefully sometime in October):LOL:

I have spotted a 167MT at a throw away price - now Nick if you buy the 50/1.7 planar, you deserve to get it....:D

Back