OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

whilst looking for something i found this in a cupboard ,dont know how it got there ,,but would anyone like to have a go at what it is ??

DSC_0019_640x480_.JPG

Hitler's ball.

very close Jim :LOL:

what can i say ? mr freecom2 is spot on

DSC_0024_640x480_.JPG

DSC_0022_640x480_.JPG

DSC_0028_640x480_.JPG

:clap: :clap:

Hadn't heard of that camera before, but boy does it look nice. Can't find my shots from it though, you'd better post some! :p

Bugger I was going to say Ful-vue as well. There's a Ross Ensign group on Flickr which has a good few piccies from the Ful-vue and I will probably get one someday soon as they look pretty good.

Andy

very close Jim :LOL:

what can i say ? mr freecom2 is spot on

Its Mrs/Miss/Madame/Matron/Rev.......she only smokes a pipe on Sundays....after Church...:)

shoot some pictures with the thing already:banana:

Last edited:
Well i just won another ST605n on the bay. Toyed with the idea of a spotmatic but damn do i miss being able to use that camera. Why did i have to go and break it? :p

This landed on my desk today :)

20120418_0041.jpg

got it at a very reasonable price and the BW-72 hood will also go nicely on my FD 17mm f/4 - I've been on the lookout for one for ages that wasn't ridiculously expensive.

my turn to join in!
its nothing to make anyone drool i know but i am an olympus fanboy and it makes me happy lol
another oly for my collection. i know its only a toy if you can play with it but the light seals were naffed when i had it so its been getting some tlc, top plates been off and the rangefinder cleaned of dust and crud, seal material is in the post and it should be up and running by the weekend hopefully.
35rc.jpg

Nice RC! Got one too along with an RD and a Trip, fancy getting hold of an SP too one day...

In the meantime a very tidy, boxed Canon T90 and a 300TL Speedlite have made their way through my door. Got a 50mm 1.4 coming too to go along with them, I'll post up a shot when that lands.

This landed on my desk today :)

got it at a very reasonable price and the BW-72 hood will also go nicely on my FD 17mm f/4 - I've been on the lookout for one for ages that wasn't ridiculously expensive.

Nice (y) over my LBA price restriction for me though.

Hey all, bought myself a lovely Pentax P30T today for a great price of £15 (Including 2 lenses, Pentax 35-80mm and Cosina 70-210mm), in great condition too!

First time using a film camera so have a lot to learn, but im excited! :)

What would be the best roll of film you guys would recommend? Iv ordered a cheap roll off amazon for just now to practice with, but would like to get some good stuff for once im used to the process :)

7094077527_1e7f1e605a_z.jpg

Not much of a "new" toy but something new to experiment with this weekend! Going to be shooting & dev'ing these rolls of film. Two expired in 1991 & the last in 1989. It'll be interesting for me to see if I can get anything from the negatives. Going to be overexposing & lengthening the dev times to compensate for any loss of sensitivity.

157537ee.jpg

& I'm going to be shooting on

deba4d17.jpg

These two little snapshots were taking using my iPhone 4S.
Wish me luck!?

That Pentax does look nice. As for film... colour or B&W? You can't really go wrong with poundland Kodak film until you get into the swing of things, for colour. Then you can look into Velvia, Ektar, Portra etc. For B&W, well it's probably best to get as many as you can and find what you like best :p

What would be the best roll of film you guys would recommend?

Lovely little camera, for Black & White I'd recommend Ilford HP5+ {the new version of the ones I've just posted} if not there are some cheap Kodak colour films to be had. You'll have to post your work somewhere in Talk Photography once you've got some dev'd films back :} have fun!

Bodster said:
Hey all, bought myself a lovely Pentax P30T today for a great price of £15 (Including 2 lenses, Pentax 35-80mm and Cosina 70-210mm), in great condition too!

First time using a film camera so have a lot to learn, but im excited! :)

What would be the best roll of film you guys would recommend? Iv ordered a cheap roll off amazon for just now to practice with, but would like to get some good stuff for once im used to the process :)

I have only recently fallen into the rabbit hole that is film lol but loving the drop. Not that i haven't used it before but now im shooting it for a reason and also developing at home which was daunting to begin with but so bloody addictive!
Just research the different film out there and weigh up their pros and cons and whatever ticks the boxes for you give a go! developing (which i also now realise) plays as much of an important role so give that some consideration. Im oblivious to the colour process other than, well not watching but listening to my brother develop 120 in uni lol
if you ask nice around these parts though plenty will help you out, they did for me. Have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys all, really appreciate it :) Ill be becoming pretty active on here I can imagine so i will defo be posting some of my shots!

Ill look in my local poundland tomorrow and see what they have, didnt even think that they would have any :D

superewza, I would love to try both, but I am a sucker for B&W so will mainly use that I think :) Thank you for your suggestions!

Bodster said:
I'll look in my local poundland tomorrow and see what they have,

Warning there ➝ it's surprisingly expensive to have dev'd! Boots do a 3 for 2 on a range of films :} including black & white aswell as colour.

Bodster said:
haha, how expensive do you think it would be? Will shop around and check prices in my local area :)

It was between £6 & £8 to have processed in high street stores! Ridiculous. Boots do decent offers :} but yeah I'd shop around & catch the best value out there. Best wishes.

Mail order usually works out cheaper and much better quality in the end, check out the 'Film Developing in the UK' thread at the top of the page.

Boots do 3 for 2, but their original prices are so expensive to begin with that it still isn't usually good value for money. These days film by mail order is usually much better value for money.

The "usual culprits" are here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=374030

7dayshop prices have gone up quite a bit recently, although still some decent prices to be had on stuff if you shop around.

Not much of a "new" toy but something new to experiment with this weekend! Going to be shooting & dev'ing these rolls of film. Two expired in 1991 & the last in 1989. It'll be interesting for me to see if I can get anything from the negatives. Going to be overexposing & lengthening the dev times to compensate for any loss of sensitivity.

I'm pretty sure you will get something from the negatives alright. My cousin's wife gave me this camera recently, with that roll of exposed HP3 in it. It had been in her mother's loft since 1965.

VoigtCam480.jpg

I gave it 20 minutes in stock ID-11. I stuck the negatives on my computer screen and snapped them with my phone's camera

VoigtNeg480.jpg

I put the jpg into GIMP and reversed the colours and got this out:

Voigt3-2_480.jpg

The young woman is my cousin's wife - she is now aged 64. I don't really pay much attention to expiry dates for black and white film anymore! If only the 'Lomographers' would find a new hobby, we could all go back to buying out of date stock for peanuts like in the good old days.

(I don't think you'll need to give the HP5 20 minutes)

If you're mainly interested in Black and White then it's definitely worth considering developing yourself. Once you've got the equipment (not much really) you can develop rolls for pennies, and you have much more control over the final product. That also means you're more likely to screw it up, but hey - it's part of the experience :p

It was between £6 & £8 to have processed in high street stores! Ridiculous.

Thats incredibly high, Peak imaging only charge £4.44 for a 36 exp roll with a discount for multiple rolls

If you're mainly interested in Black and White then it's definitely worth considering developing yourself. Once you've got the equipment (not much really) you can develop rolls for pennies, and you have much more control over the final product. That also means you're more likely to screw it up, but hey - it's part of the experience :p

Developing is definitely something I am interested in doing. I will be once I am comfortable with my new camera :)

I've totally fallen for home developing, even considering turning the summer house into a dark room to teach myself printing but then i know i will want a large format camera and then i will need a re mortgage lmfao
But for now i see developing as my bit on the side but its getting under my skin sure enough

So I was warned that it was pretty big......

gx680.jpg

But I didn't realise I'd need to be in another room to take a snap of it.

One of Ed's cast offs. I hear he has upgraded to something a little more manly...

JonathanRyan said:
So I was warned that it was pretty big......

But I didn't realise I'd need to be in another room to take a snap of it.

One of Ed's cast offs. I hear he has upgraded to something a little more manly...

WOW.....WANT....not exactly a walkabout tho'

Very nice Jonathon :clap:

Here is my new toy. I don't know how to use it, I have no film for it, I have no film holders for it and my digital back doesn't fit on it (yet ;) )

It is a Toyo C 5"x4" Monorail and I was the only bidder so got it with a 150mm Lens for £256 and as it was in Camborne I popped down this morning to collect it.

Just waiting for the rest of my bits to arrive tomorrow now (90mm f8 Super Angulon, 210mm f5.6 Symmar, a couple of lens boards for the lenses and a 6x9 roll film back). All I have from my current kit that I can use is my Schneider 8x Lupe, a cable release and my Manfrotto 058 with geared head.

So, here she is, isn't she lovely?

ToyoCMonorail.jpg

Back