OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Hmm... is there a Super System 4 tank that allows you to either soup 120 or 2x35, or something similar?

Cheers, i just have the one that does one 35. Well, or a 126 :p

Can't complain, since it was free. Just thinking about possibly spending a bit of money that i probably shouldn't ;)

Cheers, i just have the one that does one 35. Well, or a 126 :p

Can't complain, since it was free. Just thinking about possibly spending a bit of money that i probably shouldn't ;)

I might have a Photax Universal Tank left ;) PM your address and I'll bung it in the post to you.

I bought this tiny thing:

uWF2P.jpg

Konica 35/2 UC-Hexanon. One out of 1000 made. Time to sell one of my other lenses.

Now that Konica is a beauty....puts my little offering to shame.

Kodak-126-camera by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Only really wanted it for the film, there's a full film and one in the camera with 15 shots left. Once they are developed I shall try and re-spool normal 35mm into the cassette so I can use the Rollei A26 I got last week.

Andy

Here are my latest additions to the FD clan; a T90, 300TL Speedlite and FDn 50mm f/1.4

Canon T90 by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

All in very tidy condition, loaded up with Portra 400 and looking for a break in the rain...

Congrats....for me the manuals are involved (esp the speedlight) and as I use different cameras (just for a change) when I come round to using the T90 and 300tl again, I keep forgetting many things :shrug:

Thanks Brian.

I agree on the flash, it doesn't seem as straightforward compared to my 188a/199a on the A1, a bit of a learning curve ahead methinks.

Thanks Brian.

I agree on the flash, it doesn't seem as straightforward compared to my 188a/199a on the A1, a bit of a learning curve ahead methinks.

Your gear looks in VG condition like mine, but for me it's a weakness as I've already scratched the body when in my backpack with other gear :crying:
The Canon manual on the 300tl is not very good and if you go on the net you can get a layman's write up from other users, if you can't find one? I'll look on my other computer to see if I can find a link.
The only other things to mention are:- fire the shutter about every month to degauss (or whatever the technical term is) the shutter magnets and don't bother with the internal battery as all it does is remember settings when you change the AA batteries, I think mine is still working...which doesn't surprise me as my multimeter (measuring volts/amps etc) that uses the old large square battery (also used in those old bicycle lamps) is still working after about 35 years.
Happy shooting
regards

Cheers Brian, I've had a trawl on the net and found some useful resources on the 300TL.

Strangely my internal battery is fine too, funny how a battery that was supposed to last only 5-10 years is still going strong!

Thanks Brian.

I agree that the manual for the flash is not very clear. If you can get hold of Richard Hunecke's guide to the T90, it explains it a lot better.

I'm undecided as to whether to get my T90 repaired or not. For all 4 rolls I shot with it, I thought it was the best camera ever made until it developed the very common 'EEE' jammed shutter fault, despite the shutter being fired at least every fortnight. If I do get it fixed, I'm not convinced it won't jam up again later. It does look every bit as nice as your though, it's just a shame it won't actually take any photographs!

Did not actually receive anything today but did find out the Schneider Symmar 210mm f5.6 lens I bought a couple of days ago is convertible to a 370mm f12 by removing the rear element.

Took my first four 4x5 images one with each lens and one with the converted symmar, semi-stand processed them TACO style. They are drying as I type. Can't use the film dryer with them yet, will have to find someway of holding them safely.

I used bulldog clips on the very edge and hang them on a washing line in the dark room.

My new Rolleicord Vb:

Rolliecord%2520small.jpg

I'm rather pleased with it. there is a roll of Tri-X in there now and hopefully the weather will hold out for a while yet!

Last edited:
That's a good idea with the bulldog clips, I will have to find some way of hanging them in the print dryer. all this waiting is killing me.

I haven't posted your lenses yet as I have to wait for my wife to bring the car back, but unless something unusual happens they will go off this evening.

No worries at all, I was going to have a cheeky ask for a roll (or short roll) of that ultra(no so)fine 400ISO film you had, I'm looking for possible cheap bulk B&W film for people at uni. Just wondered if you had a spare roll, even just a short 12exp or similar.

if its not to much trouble/cheeky :)

No worries at all, I was going to have a cheeky ask for a roll (or short roll) of that ultra(no so)fine 400ISO film you had, I'm looking for possible cheap bulk B&W film for people at uni. Just wondered if you had a spare roll, even just a short 12exp or similar.

if its not to much trouble/cheeky :)

You know it's 35mm?

yeah, it should fit in the pentax I want those lenses for ;)

Yes, I twigged after I sent the message. I've stuck in 2x 24ish exposure rolls, would appreciate the cassettes and containers back when you've used them both.

It's not actually that bad if you use a fine grain/high acutance developer.

Cheers Ed, no probs of the cassettes, If I'd have thought I would have bunged a couple of re-loadables in the the DDSs.

You jammy, jammy bugger. Pics please.

Andy

As promised...

Leica Cameras & Accessories by Seaside83, on Flickr

In the bundle i got were:

Camera's:-
Leica iiiF
Leica M3

Lenses:-
Orion-15 28mm f6
Summaron 35mm f2.8
Summicron 50mm f2
Elmar 90mm f4
Jupiter-11 135mm f4
Jupiter-12 35mm f2.8
Summitar 50mm f2

Various other filters, viewfinders, tripods etc. Happy Days!!!!! (y)

My grandad was well in to his photography when he was younger, but as he is 91 now he cant really get out shooting anymore. He wanted them to be used rather than sitting gathering dust so he gave them to me.
My dad also gave me a Zorki 4K with a Jupiter-8 50mm f2 lens. :)

Damn you donutagain ;) This arrived today:

tV23Cl.jpg

Now that's good manufacturing. Time for a few drops of lube and then put it all back together again :D

Damn you donutagain ;) This arrived today:

tV23Cl.jpg

Now that's good manufacturing. Time for a few drops of lube and then put it all back together again :D

I think it took more parts than that just for me to get the top plate off a Pentax MG... :bang:

That Leica outfit is great, very jealous!

The M3 is loaded with Kodak film and i've reeled off 10 shots so far. Once the weather picks up ill have to get out again with it. i'm not expecting anything spectacular, as i've not picked up a film camera in years, and i've never had the pleasure of using a Rangefinder before so its all a bit new to me!

Lucky, lucky boy Paul. Very nice indeed!

NickT, I had a search before I bought mine about the dreaded EEEE fault just in case I had a problem, presumably you've tried the battery check or brisk thump on the base fixes?

It's always a pleasure to use a rangefinder. It will be interesting to hear how you get along with the barnack, quite different beasts from the m cameras!

Talking about rangefinders, I got the (very) poor man's Leica - a Yashica Electro 35 GSN! It's my first real rangefinder; I had an Olympus XA but never got on with it, but I want to try again.

Talking about rangefinders, I got the (very) poor man's Leica - a Yashica Electro 35 GSN! It's my first real rangefinder; I had an Olympus XA but never got on with it, but I want to try again.

As another poor man, I was given an Electro 35GT. There's nothing poor about these Yashicas. I absolutely love it, it has a terrific lens. With your GSN you will be able to get hand held low-light photographs at very low shutter speeds that you could never get with a Leica.

As another poor man, I was given an Electro 35GT. There's nothing poor about these Yashicas. I absolutely love it, it has a terrific lens. With your GSN you will be able to get hand held low-light photographs at very low shutter speeds that you could never get with a Leica.

The black ones look great, I'm thinking of maybe getting a GT/GTN now! Heard nothing but great things about the lens indeed. I've always been a big fan of leaf shutters in TLRs, so it's nice to have a 35mm camera with one.

May have had a slight mishap with the Ful Vue. Lets just say that my recommendation to anyone who's looking to buy one is to watch out for the ones with the metal lens housing. Not only are you more likely to avoid doing what i did, but the shutter looks slightly more reliable/nicer to use and i assume it would make the movement of the lens while focusing smoother, i oiled it up but it could be better.

Regardless, lovely little camera. A ton of fun being able to strip down and comprehend every part of a machine. Just thankful i've got plenty of superglue to hand ;):D

Lucky, lucky boy Paul. Very nice indeed!

NickT, I had a search before I bought mine about the dreaded EEEE fault just in case I had a problem, presumably you've tried the battery check or brisk thump on the base fixes?

Oh yes! I've tried all the easy fixes, it's stuck hard. I even had a look at the service manual - no way am I going to try and dismantle it myself. (Not like my spare A1 which I bought with a stuck shutter - that's a very easy no risk repair, requiring only the bottom plate off) I would get the T90 fixed if I knew that it wouldn't jam again if I didn't use it for a while. I'm afraid that the T90's nickname of 'the tank' is a complete misnomer in my opinion.

Oh yes! I've tried all the easy fixes, it's stuck hard. I even had a look at the service manual - no way am I going to try and dismantle it myself. (Not like my spare A1 which I bought with a stuck shutter - that's a very easy no risk repair, requiring only the bottom plate off) I would get the T90 fixed if I knew that it wouldn't jam again if I didn't use it for a while. I'm afraid that the T90's nickname of 'the tank' is a complete misnomer in my opinion.

H'mm maybe you are at a last resort stage of squirting lighter fluid into the shutter area plus banging etc ideas, but it will still sell on ebay, so if mine seized up now I would have lost £50 for 3 years ownership/play/use. (y)

Last edited:
I'm afraid that the T90's nickname of 'the tank' is a complete misnomer in my opinion.

I always dissuade people from going for the T90 (much to Brian's annoyance :LOL:) for this very reason - all I ever read is about how people are trying to fix theirs. Giving it a big thump does seem to work for a lot of people, but if that's the sort of fix it requires, lord knows what sort of build it is inside...

So many fantastic 35mm cameras out there, so why go with one that seems to be an endless headache?

Back