OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

my deficit on the shooting side is quite simply explained - it's not for the lack of love of photography, it's simply the lack of time to get out and do it. Almost 2 years ago, my Dad fell and broke his hip. For the next 8 months, I hardly had chance to get outdoors and do anything much - didn't dare leave him for more than a couple of hours at any time, and... well - frankly, after doing a photo-365 in similar circumstances, i'm a little out of inspiration with the area within walking distance in that timeframe. Then, since july last year, and the loss of a good friend, I've been spending most of my time and energies in a fairly drastic regime of exercise and diet to get into a reasonable state of fitness - this again has consumed my available "window" of a couple of hours a day. For over a year, frankly the only thing that had me getting the cameras out at all had been the POTY competition - and that only because I'd been entering every month since I joined TP, and didn't want to miss one. Sadly, after certain accusations were made in June this year, I felt that I couldn't continue to enter the competition AND remain as a member of staff, so something had to go. I felt that on the whole, I did marginally more good on the forum as a staff member, than I did as a bloke who entered one (not particularly impressive) photo a month for a competition :shrug:

I still love photography, and would happily work with film again, but at the moment, even 6 frames of 120 in the pinholga would take me best part of a year to get through...

and before anyone says it.... NO - I'm not getting a camera that works on single sheets. I've already had to break one of my personal rules with film cameras - that if I didn't shoot at least one roll a year, the camera was getting sold - I'm not in the market for even more kit!

Here's my humble little collection.

I started picking these up in the last year with a view to restoring & using them

Nice collection! But be careful..., I started collecting just over a year ago and now I have 93 cameras, a fridge full of film and a pantry full of developing chemicals and equipment!

IMG_0572.jpg

Testing new camera, shot my first 8x10.

Just a little Agfa Isolette 1 that I picked up from ebay for £10.50.

Looks like it has hardly been used, but had a shutter problem which has now been sorted, so I am looking forward to having a go!

Must stop buying things........

.........or not, as it's fun! :D

Heather

Heather, that looks in really great condition a good buy for ebay, you will have fun with that. :)

7818246610_d331a6ddc3.jpg

Got this little beauty at half marked price as the shutter wasn't firing and aperture lever was stuck. A little lighter fluid got it working again.
I have a test roll of 127 in it at the moment.

7818242818_ce42e86d9f.jpg

This was an ebay find. The picture doesn't do it justice; the bakelite is a gorgeous dark green.

Just collected this from the P.O

canonfd28mm.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-28

Purposely purchased to offer me more scope with my AV-1

Just collected this from the P.O

canonfd28mm.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-28

Purposely purchased to offer me more scope with my AV-1

Very good lens and one of my favourites, but my Canon 28mm fdn seems to be squeezed out more as I tend to increasingly use 24mm and 35mm.

Very good lens and one of my favourites, but my Canon 28mm fdn seems to be squeezed out more as I tend to increasingly use 24mm and 35mm.

I visited the UK a few weeks ago and met up with Rob hooley for a stroll around Leeds.....Got some reasonable shots on my AV-1 but did find my 50mm a little restrictive at times for the street shoot we did.

Borrowed Robs 28mm for a few shots and of course GAS kicked in :D...........did get this lens for a good price and it's minty too (y)

Dug out my Canon AE-1 Program that i've had for 20 years but never used, the film bug has stung me so bad I picked up a cheep Bronica ETRS kit.

Richie

Dug out my Canon AE-1 Program that i've had for 20 years but never used, the film bug has stung me so bad I picked up a cheep Bronica ETRS kit.

Richie

Well done that man. Welcome aboard the good ship Fillum.(y)

Remember HAL9000? Big red eye? That was a Kenko 180 degree fisheye lens that was. Just got one :naughty:

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for... " :clap:

I get my brand new Wacom Intuos 5 medium graphics tablet tommorow, very excited, already got the bamboo fun, but, wanted something larger and with angle detection as I like doing artwork as well as photographic stuff.

But... how would you use it for film manipulation?

Ooops, sorry, missed the bit in brackets

No problem... now you're in here though... :D

Went to the second hand shop I usually buy old slides from and the guy there told me he had been gived an Electro 35 GSN to sell so I bought it for £20. Managed to rig up a battery using the cardboard wrap and old spring off a torch method. Works fine :)

If it's working, that is a good price for a GSN

I thought that too :) I think I will be biting the bullet and stumping up for one of those model specific battery adaptors though. Read some horror stories of little explosions after others have used the method I used for the battery!

I just picked up a Yashica Mat with a Lumaxar lens, which I believe is considered very highly by those in the know, for only £34 included postage. Piccies to follow.

Andy

I just picked up a Yashica Mat with a Lumaxar lens, which I believe is considered very highly by those in the know, for only £34 included postage. Piccies to follow.

Andy

Now that sounds like a bargain......(y)

freecom2 said:
Definitely a decent price for a GSN - £20 for a fixed lens rangefinder is a modern day steal, the f/1.7 lens alone should be worth more then that!

I'm currently blasting through a test roll for development tomorrow! Been looking through Flickr groups on the camera and the lens looks super sharp. It's got 400 Superia in at the moment though and when I was on my lunch break it was really sunny out and it was telling me to shoot at 11 or even 16 when I was sure I could have gotten away with 8. Maybe my internal brain light meter is off or maybe the battery I rigged up for it is causing metering problems.

Probably the former :)

Andy

How many Yashes do you need, Andy? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Excellent price too!

Heather

I know, I know, but hey I had money burning a hole in my paypal pocket....

Took delivery of my new Reflecta Proscan 7200 dedicated 35mm film scanner on Thursday, fantastic bit of kit with scans that ooze detail and has a great density range that really eats into the shadows with transparencies and is even better with multi-exposure.

Plus I managed to get it for only £229! I was going to get one on Amazon and the price was £289 including a copy of Photoshop Elments 6.0 but someone brought one of the 2 left in stock and the price dropped £60, so I got it as quick as I could! It even came with the newer PSE 8.0 which was nice. I'll post some results up later as I've only been able to start seriously working with it in the past day or so.

My first folder, Ikonta 524/16 and since its a 6x6 image I thought a square crop would suit it...

DSC_2880 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Got it for a decent price on ebay, the seller stated the shutter would only fire once but I'd read some where they needed to be cocked so took a chance and it seems to work, got some film to run through it tomorrow.

Sooo Rangefinders they're interesting!

Just shot a quick roll of cheap film through it and misread the focus wheel on the front so instead of setting it to f16 infinity I had it at f16 24 feet. I'm not convinced the rangefinder bears any resemblance to real life any way, took a couple of close shots where i guessed the distance and where I used the finder see how far out we are.

I thought the OM10 slowed me down but this stopped me dead in my tracks, no light meter, rangefinder having to cock the shutter and remember to wind on as the double exposure thingy isn't terribly reliable. Good fun though and remarkably heavy.

Here's the Trip I picked up from the classifieds this weekend.

7936551536_669780c434_z.jpg

Already loaded a test roll of Poundland's finest Gold 200 and gone walkabout at lunchtime. I reckon it's Monica the Konica's influence that got me interested in a compact. :D

Here's the Trip I picked up from the classifieds this weekend.

Already loaded a test roll of Poundland's finest Gold 200 and gone walkabout at lunchtime. I reckon it's Monica the Konica's influence that got me interested in a compact. :D

Huh! you are joking or your local Poundland is selling Kodak Gold? :eek:

My poundland sells Kodak Gold, its 35mm and cheap so of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever....:LOL:

someday, they're gonna do Delta 100 in 120 and I shall take a very big Roy Cropper bag and try not to look tooooooo shifty..:D

Back