OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Calm down Ken..... :D

35SP, sorted.

Yes, that's right, the plastic bit of the lens surround ain't there. So, my question is this (mainly aimed @stevelmx5) would it be possible to have facsimile made on one of these futuristic 3D printer jobs?

Thanks for the decisive response Andy ;0)

As for the lens surround. I'm sure something similar could be printed to fill the gap if you can give me the outer/inner dimensions and the depth. I've just drawn up a new lens cap for the FT with the 'F' script on it (I'm not paying £30 for an original...) ;0)

....only if you fit a lizard skin to match your Tarzan outfit ;0)

View attachment 61280

Yes, I was thinking of pimping it up a bit... maybe not that much though. :D

Thanks for the decisive response Andy ;0)

As for the lens surround. I'm sure something similar could be printed to fill the gap if you can give me the outer/inner dimensions and the depth. I've just drawn up a new lens cap for the FT with the 'F' script on it (I'm not paying £30 for an original...) ;0)

Cheers mate, I'll take it into work and get one of engineering bods to measure it properly as if I do it it will end up wrong.:thinking:

Where the hell did you get that from Ken? I thought I'd had all the copies destroyed. :whistle:

Where the hell did you get that from Ken? I thought I'd had all the copies destroyed. :whistle:

We went to see it last week at The Playhouse in Edinburgh. Same cast (mainly) as the recent TV showing (where the pic came from).

The audience would make you blush... I didn't dress down :)
The Time Warp was fun!

Lovely looking M6 and I wonder why leica used bottom loading of the film... why not keep things simple by just opening the back. h'mm

The Leica M range just feels right in your hands....... Yet to see what the pictures look like as they are still in the devolpers

Now that means a decision on what to take on holiday next week. I was planning on shooting a roll of Velvia in the Pen for some half frame shots but this 35SP is also very nice (and no, I'm not taking both!)

Any ideas?

Well, I made a decision :0)

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1460459801.742622.jpg

I'm hoping the Velvia 50 and blue skies gives me some awesome little stained glass windows!

I found a few nice old leather straps on eBay like those above, but they don't fit the Hasselblad strap lugs (or don't appear to). I know Optech do Hasselblad straps, but I did fancy something a bit less modern. They're comfy but I'm not a fan of the plastic clips.

J, I use the Optech on all my Hasselblads and have used the original straps as well,the Optech is streets ahead for comfort and carrying.

J, I use the Optech on all my Hasselblads and have used the original straps as well,the Optech is streets ahead for comfort and carrying.

Good to know. And a timely reminder that having a beautiful leather strap is wonderful when you're taking pictures of your shiny gear to share on Facebook, but not so great when you've been lugging gear around all day!

Another vote for Optech here.

This is what I have as well. I was actually surprised by how much more comfortable the Optech is compared to other straps I've used.

I don't think it looks too bad either because of the matching metal connector (disregard the tape on my strap; I do that to all of my cameras).

IMG_0219.JPG

Last edited:
Optech here as well. I use on on my Hasselblad, but also on my Nikon F4 too. Very good for weight distribution but also great for not slipping.

View attachment 62139

Apart from a bit of leatherette that needs sticking down, it looks like it's never seen a roll of film. Very happy :)

What a beauty! Hope you have fun with it :)

As for straps, I use the thin Hasselblad one. It's ok. It can get uncomfortable occasionally.
However a lot of the time I rarely have it hanging round me. It's either in hand or in the bag. Curious on these Optech straps though.

Oh, it will. It will :)

Back