OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I have a film loaded; once I get to over f/8 the meter drops to bulb immediately. The aperture follower thingy is a bit sticky, so I guess it needs a CLA.
Have you got another lens to try on the camera to see of the problem persists?

You did well. What's the lens on the Pentax - it looks like an older M42 lens with an adapter?

I used to have both those canon bodies. If they work then you got yourself a bargain. Well done [emoji106]
They all work as far as I know, bought from someone in the same village as me... but I’ll put a roll through them just yo make sure.

It says a Auto Takumar 55mm f2( just have to figure out how to get it off)

That's an M42 mount lens attached via a K mount adaptor, in that case. Usually the lens unscrews off the adaptor first - the adaptor often needs a small tool to unlock it from the K-mount bayonet.

That's an M42 mount lens attached via a K mount adaptor, in that case. Usually the lens unscrews off the adaptor first - the adaptor often needs a small tool to unlock it from the K-mount bayonet.
Ok thanks, I'll take another look at it.

I picked up these three earlier... not that I really needed any more cameras, but... £30 for the three complete with lenses seemed like a bargain :LOL:View attachment 267443

The AV1 was my first "serious" camera it followed a Zenit TTL and preceded AE1 Program, A1 then F1 finally F1 New (x3) with a smattering of FTB, At1s in between as second cameras. TBH the only one I never liked overly was the A1. I still have my first F1 New with some lenses but have gone on to Rangefinders these days and Bronica SQ-A1.

My only camera related buy today was this Ikophot meter. It was complete with case, chain and diffuser for a tenner. View attachment 267441
My Ikophots (I have two) are my main meters. They are excellent meters. Yours is the new version with the modern ASA scale so can be easily used. My older one has the old ASA scale so I have to remember to use it with the DIN scale.

The AV1 was my first "serious" camera it followed a Zenit TTL and preceded AE1 Program, A1 then F1 finally F1 New (x3) with a smattering of FTB, At1s in between as second cameras. TBH the only one I never liked overly was the A1. I still have my first F1 New with some lenses but have gone on to Rangefinders these days and Bronica SQ-A1.
Not sure I'll like any of them to be honest, but I may try the A1... I like my F100/F4s... Not keen on rangefinders, but I also have a Bronica SQ Ai(not really keen on it, could be because it only 'sometimes' worked-guess it was the battery contacts- but I do have the motor drive so it at least works all the time now :LOL:), Mamiya RZ, Minolta Autocord, but I do like the Pentax 645n

Going to get a bulb release for the shed/ studio/shop. Fomapan comedy reciprocity© coupled with the sheds wood floor and lf tiny apertures mean I've resorted to opening the shed door, opening the shutter and closing the door and going where it is warm.

Thinking with a nice bulb I can shut the door then go release the shutter, think dentist xray.

Any recommendations?

I have tried every which way to unscrew the darn thing....and I cannot get it off. I have depressed the little black lever on the side of the lens/mount which needed a small screwdriver to depress the little metal thing first to loosen it... but nothing budges.

I have tried every which way to unscrew the darn thing....and I cannot get it off. I have depressed the little black lever on the side of the lens/mount which needed a small screwdriver to depress the little metal thing first to loosen it... but nothing budges.

How many Solo men does it take to change a lens? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :exit::ROFLMAO:

Best go back to my Sunday chores i think ……...

It's probably been screwed into the K-mount adaptor for 20+ years!

Erm what about keeping the camera and lens horizontal or better still slightly tilting back away from lens elements and use a tiny bit of penetrating oil.......

Erm what about keeping the camera and lens horizontal or better still slightly tilting back away from lens elements and use a tiny bit of penetrating oil.......
Thanks Brian...although I have taken the lens off now I'll keep it in mind for next time.

£12.99 + postage. Looks to be in great condition. Could't resist its fugliness. A T70 is next on the list... Maybe...

IMG_1257.jpg

Don’t do it Ian :runaway:
Too late, he's caught in the web!:runaway:
Proof being ^^THAT^^ contraption.:facepalm:

Ian @Harlequin565 ,
If you're gunna run a roll of film through it then I suggest that you find the b*lls to take it into a busy city center and shoot street.:p
Oh how i'd love to be a fly on the wall to see the looks that you're gunna get :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This lens arrived this morning, it's a Schneider Tele-Xenar 180/5.5 for 6x9 so I shall use it on my Horseman 760, as seen below. It's in super condition.

I bought the lens came from Kameratori in Finland, ordered it either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, can't remember which, it was dispatched yesterday by DHL and arrived this morning!

I can't remember how I happened upon Kameratori's web site but I think it was via a reference to the Camera Rescue project, probably on an F&C post I imagine. Anyway, I happened to visit the site when they had quite a lot of items for sale and this was one. £125 including postage from Finland.

IMGP0099.jpg

A new addition to my small collection of Canon Sure Shot cameras arrived yesterday. The Sure Shot Ace.

20200204_140621_compress13.jpg

It's a fully automatic point and shoot with very little user control. Shutter speed, aperture, flash, film speed are all automatic and can't be overridden. It has a 38mm f/3.5 lens. It is auto-focus with focus lock though.

If this were all it offered I probably wouldn't have bothered, but it does have a couple of unusual features up its sleeve that make it interesting.

Firstly, in addition to a standard viewfinder, it also has a waist level finder. This is what attracted me to the camera. I know there are a few other compacts with this feature, but they tend to be very pricey Yashica and Kyocera models. It could be useful for street photography or just getting shots that are normally impossible or awkward with a standard viewfinder.

20200204_140701_compress37.jpg

Secondly, it has a detachable remote trigger, which may also be useful (although I've not yet thought of anything that I probably couldn't already achieve with the self timer).

20200204_140753_compress62.jpg

It seems odd that an otherwise unremarkable and basic-spec camera would have these features (I don't think they're available in any other Sure Shot models), but it will be fun testing it out.

Last edited:
That Sureshot Ace looks .... ace.

Great and unusual features as you say. I also like the little pacman symbols beside the switch for (I'm guessing) opening the lens cover.

£12.99 + postage. Looks to be in great condition. Could't resist its fugliness. A T70 is next on the list... Maybe...

View attachment 267594
Reminds me of a scene in the Batman film, Vicki Vale is taking photos with a black FM or maybe a Nikkormat and one of the Joker's henchmen is taking her photograph with a Ricoh Mirai. A similar looking camera. Though that was 30 years ago [emoji1]

Last edited:
A new addition to my small collection of Canon Sure Shot cameras arrived yesterday. The Sure Shot Ace.

View attachment 267694

It's a fully automatic point and shoot with very little user control. Shutter speed, aperture, flash, film speed are all automatic and can't be overridden. It has a 38mm f/3.5 lens. It is auto-focus with focus lock though.

If this were all it offered I probably wouldn't have bothered, but it does have a couple of unusual features up its sleeve that make it interesting.

Firstly, in addition to a standard viewfinder, it also has a waist level finder. This is what attracted me to the camera. I know there are a few other compacts with this feature, but they tend to be very pricey Yashica and Kyocera models. It could be useful for street photography or just getting shots that are normally impossible or awkward with a standard viewfinder.

View attachment 267695

Secondly, it has a detachable remote trigger, which may also be useful (although I've not yet thought of anything that I probably couldn't already achieve with the self timer).

View attachment 267696

It seems odd that an otherwise unremarkable and basic-spec camera would have these features (I don't think they're available in any other Sure Shot models), but it will be fun testing it out.
Seemsto be expensive in some places! :eek::eek:https://kamerastore.com/product/canon-sure-shot-ace-35mm-compact-w-35mm-f3-5-lens-yashica-t4-alt-2/

Blimey. I paid £25 for mine, and it came in it's original box with all the polys, manuals, warranty cards and even the shop receipt (it was bought from Dixons in Darlington on 14 Oct 1989 at 9:38am, sold by an assistant named Lee :)). It looks hardly used. I've yet to test it with some film, but it powers up ok (with the fancy-schmancy 2CR5 battery I had to buy).

Took my Nikon FE to Apeture to be repaired after I secured a partial refund from the eBay seller. They diagnosed that the meter resistor was blown and fixed it in 24 hours; they also redid all the seals and gave it a CLA. Superb job; slightly pricey as it is central London (£140 for all repairs), but they were very helpful and the job they have done is excellent.

Quickly ran a roll of Porta through it, so i'll hopefully have some images to post later.

My latest toy is a Beier Beirette 35mm camera. For a cheap camera (usually sold as a Boots Beirette in the UK) it is quite well made. The body seems to be Bakelite covered with a stainless steel fascia. The shutter is an East German Junior II from Gebruder Werner which nis a simple everset shutter. The camera works well and I am waiting on Snappy Snaps to develop my test film (Poundland Power Geek 10 exposure film for £2.00 which is actually very expensive).
Beirette-1.jpgBeirette-5.jpg

Got the test film back. Quite a bit of vignetting but overall image quality is not too bad for a cheap camera.
.000049920001.jpg000049920002.jpg000049920004.jpg

Last edited:
Back