Official Olympus E-PL5 thread. (other m4/3 are welcome too!) Show off your pics!

( let's out an old fashioned guffaw )

Dont get all excited about the new x1.4 : it is designed to only work with the new 40-150F2.8 lens as the centre extends into the lens right up to the rear element.

Blimey thats a good price matey... must resist! lol
Yeh, tempted! It would go well with the E-PM1.
Might have to sell my 40d though, resisted since May as I am quite attached to it!
Sat in its box since I got the Oly E-PL5 tho.

Mmmmm... e-pm's.

Now there's a thought...
Seem to be going quite cheaply on the bay!
I pickwd one up for not much over 50 quid not long ago, came in real handy when my E-PL5 went in for repair!

No not very much difference at all. The 9mm is on it most of the time, fits in the pocket nicely too. There's a few with that combo on my Flickr.

:eek:
(I own both)
There is a huge difference between the e-pm1 and the e-pm2,
the e-pm2 has the newer E-M5's sensor with 16mpx, low-noise high-ISO and deep dynamic range.
I stand corrected!
Just HAD to look it up!

Heres the main differences.
So if you find an E-PM2 for around the same price as the E-PM1, then go for that. (y)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics people. Definately food for thought.

Would be looking about £250 ish then if I can bag a cheap epm2 and lens.
Possibly a little less, depends on the lens.

minnnt, did you consider the Rokinon/Bower/Samyang 7,5mm Fisheye? It is a manual lens but this focal lenght on a micro 4/3 sensor, you shoot always at the hyperfocal distance unless your subject is like 15cm from the camera. Those were shot with this lens (cheap price but solid build and really good optical performances)

p545123180-4.jpg

This one is de-fished in LR
p642015458-4.jpg

De-fished + crop in panorama:
p651826823-4.jpg

Right in the sun, really low flare
p753330529-4.jpg

You can't go wrong with that 9mm fisheye matey - keep an eye on EBay - there's a seller that regularly pops them up with a starting price of £29.99... bids generally end £40-50 on them (y)

You can't go wrong with that 9mm fisheye matey - keep an eye on EBay - there's a seller that regularly pops them up with a starting price of £29.99... bids generally end £40-50 on them (y)
The self same bloke I got mine from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281472552166 Two up for sale now, £29.99 with no bids and 23hrs to go!
Get in there!
(I paid £46 for mine, a bargain!)

For my two pennyworth, there's no contest between this and the 7.5mm because of the price!

Last edited:
Taken on a recent outing to The Esk Valley, a ride (well two) on steam pulled trains and a 6 mile walk from Goathland to Grosmont.
E-PM1 and Panny 14mm Pancake.

Station Tavern Grosmont.
by wontolla1, on Flickr

That's a cracker!
'Always got space for a Stella'

Another from my E-pl5 and Panny 14mm Pancake.
A very uncommon double-arched bridge at East Marton, near Skipton.
Spanning the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and carrying the A59, it was highered by an extra arch when the road was improved to take out a severe dip.

Bridge 1 by wontolla1, on Flickr

Taken on Wednesday on the River Ribble.
Not quite nailed it, but a first for me (the Egret, not the shot)

Eagret flight by wontolla1, on Flickr

Back