Official Olympus E-PL5 thread. (other m4/3 are welcome too!) Show off your pics!

Last edited:
A few taken last week on an 11 mile hike from Earby to Lothersdale (Hare & Hounds Pub)
Taken with the Olly E-PM1 and 9mm fisheye Bodycap Lens, rapidly bocoming my favourite pocket combo!

Old Railings in Lothersdale black and white conversion. by wontolla1, on Flickr

Dunny wc. Old Toilet in Lothersdale, Black n White. by wontolla1, on Flickr

Crooked stile BW by wontolla1, on Flickr

And the originals before conversion.

Old Railings by wontolla1, on Flickr

Dunny or WC. Old toilet in Lothersdale. by wontolla1, on Flickr

This has also had the barbed wire cloned out.

Crooked stile by wontolla1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just love the gravestone! Makes interesting reading.

Thanks matey - yes I thought it made for interesting reading and the angle taken incorporated some more of the graves to complete the scene... (y)

Thanks matey - there's some stunning older buildings in Middlesbrough (y)
Yep I agree, pity about the rest of it though! *-).

Great pics by the way!

Old Railings in Lothersdale black and white conversion. by wontolla1, on Flickr

This one got explored! Chuffed!

Nice one matey - congrats :D

I'm still to suss out exactly whats needed to get something explored... lol

Well, I've had it done, joined the club, got the t shirt...........and still don't know!
One of life's greatest mysteries!

Cheers bud!

Does anyone have any comparisons of the 9-18. Panasonic 7-14 and 14-45 to see how wide they are?

Ideally i'd like the 8-16 but if the 9 is wide enough i'd rather save cash and get that.

Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
i discovered just how sharp the 45mm 1.8 is this morning...wow !

My youngest Granddaughter Scarlett visited yesterday,it's always a joy to see her so I had to take some candid snaps, at two years old they do not pose.

E-P5 and 75mm

15869774349_0c13f3d26b_b.jpg
Lovely!

Sausage meat and stuffing
Ahhh! sausage rolls!
Had some from a butchers shop in Pateley Bridge a couple of weeks ago made with Nidderdale sausage meat and apple, probably the best sausage rolls in the world!

Scarlett visited her Granddad Christmas morning in her new Christmas frock, jumper and boots...so I had to take a snap didn't I.:)

15932752507_8981c4c4ef_b.jpg

E-P5 and 75mm
Fabulous! Bet Grandad thinks the world of her!

Is that your back garden? ;)

You know, considering the price of the 9mm bodycap lens, it gives surprisingly good results.
I have had some negative remarks about the distortion it gives, but I don't mind it at all!

Lols. Who moans about the distortion of a fisheye lens? :LOL:
Well, it was on Flickr, when I explained that it was supposed to be like that, most 'got it' but not all.
As said before in the postings, it suits some subjects better than others.

Is that your back garden? ;)

You know, considering the price of the 9mm bodycap lens, it gives surprisingly good results.
I have had some negative remarks about the distortion it gives, but I don't mind it at all!

I have had the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye (awesome lens), the Canon 15mm on FF(disappointing compared to Nikon), Samyang 8mm(didnt get on with it at all) and the Oly 9mm so quite a varying difference in cost and looking at pics produced from all 4 I cannot say I notice that much of a difference because at the end of the day its a fisheye..

yes the Oly is f8 which can be a pain when the sun goes down, yes it has just 3 levels of manual fixed focus, but its £70-90 odd quid and its bodycap sized with no weight to it.. its the most enjoyment I have had with a fisheye..

I have had the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye (awesome lens), the Canon 15mm on FF(disappointing compared to Nikon), Samyang 8mm(didnt get on with it at all) and the Oly 9mm so quite a varying difference in cost and looking at pics produced from all 4 I cannot say I notice that much of a difference because at the end of the day its a fisheye..

yes the Oly is f8 which can be a pain when the sun goes down, yes it has just 3 levels of manual fixed focus, but its £70-90 odd quid and its bodycap sized with no weight to it.. its the most enjoyment I have had with a fisheye..

Spot on matey - like you say you really can't complain for that price at all (y)

Back