Official Talk Leica thread

It did seem to have a smaller bajonet. The bits to aid in focusing via the optical part don't work though - at infinity its got double, so only via evf will it be useful. Although heavy, it has a nice wide lens at the end with extendable hood. I do like it...

only other niggle is that the focus adapter bit - doesn't look like I can remove it... as it adds nothing to the experience other than bulkiness... I need to take the camera back to leica for a sensor clean so I might see whether its possible to remove or not...

Last edited:
It did seem to have a smaller bajonet. The bits to aid in focusing via the optical part don't work though - at infinity its got double, so only via evf will it be useful. Although heavy, it has a nice wide lens at the end with extendable hood. I do like it... only other niggle is that the focus adapter bit - doesn't look like I can remove it... as it adds nothing to the experience other than bulkiness... I need to take the camera back to leica for a sensor clean so I might see whether its possible to remove or not...

Hi, @ecniv: From what I have seen and read from you, it is an "M-mountable" Elmarit R. I have an R-to-M adaptor, but I do not use it on the M9, because I cannot focus it (and the M9 does not have live view). ---

Winningen/D (Leica M9 - Elmar-M 3,8/24 asph. f 5,6) :

L1020513_DxO-L3824-56-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Fladungen in the early morning sun (without flares (!)) (Leica M9 - Summicron 2/35 v4, f 8, crop) :

L1020617_DxO-L35c-8-tp_bearbeitet-1.jpg

Attachments

• L1020617_DxO-L35c-8-tp.jpg
    L1020617_DxO-L35c-8-tp.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi, @Adzman808 - your Porto-pics make me want to go there again. Last time I was there in 2017. Next time I shall take my Leica to have something to show here -
or at least one M mount lens.

(In 2017 I only used my SONY A7R2 with the ZEISS Loxia 2,8/21.) ---

St.Stephan in Mainz/D (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25 f 2,8 crop (The lady is not praying. She is using her phone ... )) :

L1020735_DxO-z25b-28-c-tp.jpg

Attachments

• L1020735_DxO-z25b-28-tp.jpg
    L1020735_DxO-z25b-28-tp.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi, @Adzman808 - your Porto-pics make me want to go there again. Last time I was there in 2017. Next time I shall take my Leica to have something to show here -
or at least one M mount lens.

(In 2017 I only used my SONY A7R2 with the ZEISS Loxia 2,8/21.) ---

St.Stephan in Mainz/D (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25 f 2,8 crop (The lady is not praying. She is using her phone ... )) :

If you come into town Immo, feel free to let me know when and if you’d like I can show you around to some places.

Don’t come now though, it hasn’t really stopped raining for over a month and there’s no end in sight!

If you come into town Immo, feel free to let me know when and if you’d like I can show you around to some places.

Thank you, Adam. I have not made my travel-plans for 2020. The only thing fairly definite is Bristol in May, to visit Dear Old England.

But maybe, Porto in autumn. When I come, we shall have a drink (or two ...) together ... --- :)

Thank you, Adam. I have not made my travel-plans for 2020. The only thing fairly definite is Bristol in May, to visit Dear Old England.

But maybe, Porto in autumn. When I come, we shall have a drink (or two ...) together ... --- :)

coincidentally Bristol is where i was living before I moved to Porto!

Autumn (September) in Porto is often lovely weather, and a couple of drinks sounds like a great plan

Any suggestions for a small pouch to put my M6 in with Nokton 35mm 1.4? Was wondering about a Billingham Avea pouch.
Ideally want something I can put it in to throw in a small rucksack.

Back