Oil on water

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Some new oil on water macros, there's a "Weekend Project" feature written by yours truly in the current (January) edition of "Practical Photography" if you fancy having a go at these yourself :D

4159546209_bc09238c07.jpg

Click to embiggen

4160299938_1d3d36f257.jpg

Click to embiggen

4159543515_9a6e53f192.jpg

Click to embiggen

There's a shed load more on my FlickR photostream..

Best wishes

Carl

omg...they are unbelievable!

how do you come up with these ideas! lol

they have so much 3D and depth to them!

fantastic I love em.

Very striking pictures. Great colours and the last two in particular, have a near 3D look to them. Lovely stuff(y)

Fantastic. You sure you've not wondered into a parallel universe???

omg...they are unbelievable!

how do you come up with these ideas! lol

they have so much 3D and depth to them!

fantastic I love em.

LOL, I blame it on being an only child and easily bored!

Wow Wow Wow - I LOVE these, they are just beautiful :clap: What sort of oil do you use?

Tesco own brand olive oil, whatever is cheapest..

Fantastic. You sure you've not wondered into a parallel universe???

I live there :wacky:

Carl

no#2 is my favourite of a cracking set. Great lighting too (y)

unbeievable Carl, they are all awesome but no2 stands out for me

guess i will have to go and get mag

Seen quite a few of these shots and these are as good as any I've seen before (y)

I like them all but #2 best of all :clap::clap:

My limited experience of macro (but none with your imagination) gave me hellish dof problems, is the depth in #2 in particular just an illusion ??

Jamie

I like them all but #2 best of all :clap::clap:

My limited experience of macro (but none with your imagination) gave me hellish dof problems, is the depth in #2 in particular just an illusion ??

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, the DOF is minimal but somehow there's a lot of perceived depth to that shot - I can only think that it's the lighting that has helped create that feeling?? The DOF on the Raynox is non-existent - aperture makes little to no difference due to the fixed and very short focal distance.

Carl

Stunning shots Carl ... Terrific lighting and great colour (y)

amazing pictures!!!

I looked around a bit on your flickr and you have some interesting/unique macro shots (y)

really like the light/laser through lenses as well

amazing pictures!!!

I looked around a bit on your flickr and you have some interesting/unique macro shots (y)

really like the light/laser through lenses as well

Cheers, the laser stuff is a "work in progress" ;) My next project involves hair-gel... stay tuned!!

Look very much like computer-generated 3d renderings. Interesting shots.

Nice pictures Carl i have just read your artical in Practical Photography on it. It is good reading ans i am going to give it a go myself. Well done for the artical.(y)

They really are stunning! Do you have and shots of the setup used for this? I feel like making a new desktop wallpaper :)

(y)

Edit: Just had a look at the rest of your photostream, it's amazing! You've got a real gift for this kind of thing!

Last edited:
They really are stunning! Do you have and shots of the setup used for this? I feel like making a new desktop wallpaper :)

(y)

Edit: Just had a look at the rest of your photostream, it's amazing! You've got a real gift for this kind of thing!

Cheers Chris, sent you a PM about the setup etc. Stay tuned as I'm constantly trying new stuff and I've got some plans for 2010 ;)

Carl

These really are good, off out tomorrow to buy that mag, really interested to see how you achieved that effect, as someone said in a previous post it looks 3d.

Back