Daily Origins' First Ever 365 (2013) Up to Day 160

Have you just got the new issue of Digital SLR??!?

Great capture and love the colour (y)

brilliant shots again Chris :clap:

Nice update, I've just had a few days off too and am finding it hard to catch up :(

Really like the smoke shot - something I've only ever had a go at once before and none too successfully :(

Have you just got the new issue of Digital SLR??!?

Great capture and love the colour (y)
No, should I go get it or at least stand in WHSmiths like I am going to buy it?

brilliant shots again Chris :clap:
Thank you :) I really wish I had more time to devote to the forums and catcthing up, I think I honeslty might take a day off work just to do that! ( I get an extra day now after my 10yrs there)

A nice update, some strong photo's but for me it's 39 that's the best (y) I love that it's something I keep meaning to do :bang:
Thank you, it was while searching for inspiraction and I was searching through old threads, I must find it and give credit for it!

Nice update, I've just had a few days off too and am finding it hard to catch up :(
Thank you, I too am finding it hard to make it onto here, but I think the most importatnt thing for me to to make the challenge of a the POTD even if it takes me a day or two to post it.
Really like the smoke shot - something I've only ever had a go at once before and none too successfully :(
Well to be honest it took me a couple of hundred shots before I was happy with that one, there were a couple of others which were oka, but that was my favourite. :)

Some really excellent shots in your thread. The snowscape is the best of the recent posts for me but all of the others are of a high standard.

Hi Chris, catching up on your catch up ;)...

I feel your pain with the cold remedies, I'm just recovering from one now, good shot though, and the macro for the following day too is a nice shot.

The snow pic, I'll be honest isn't normally a pic that would appeal to me, but I'm converted. I love the desolate feel about it and that the snow has been untouched. If anything maybe just up the exposure compensation by a stop to lose a bit of the grey tint to the snow.

The phone shot I love the composition, but the WB seems to me a little off, just a little too much red coming through there.

Loving the dof, composition and colour vibrancy on the pencils shot, v nice, and your night shot long exposure I really like, great shot.

Love the Winchester Cathedral shot. Winchester is such a gorgeous place to live, and brings back fond memories of the 18 months I lived there many years ago. You certainly won't be short of photo opportunities around there :).

Some very interesting shots there. Preferring your abstracts like the smoke and mirrors and the light painting. That one is really clever, like how you've lit your face in the shot!

Another weeks' update from me, sorry I am not getting them on daily.

A simply capture of the cat for a lazyish shot from me

February 09, 2013-40_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Down the pub for the Rugby, so a really quick catch with the compact before too much Guinness was consumed

February 10, 2013-41_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

A bit of fire this time, took me a while to get this and I'm still not 100% happy with it, but the house was starting to stink of sulphur from all the matches!

February 11, 2013-42_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Back to Abstract macro for the day, it's pretty much my go to when I am home and don't have a huge amount of time to think about it.

February 12, 2013-43_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Got some little LEDs from Amazon for just over a pound, so this is a play in the garden in the light rain.

February 13, 2013-44_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

What else would you do on Valentines?

February 14, 2013-45_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Nice catch up love the tones on the rose, the light painting is excellent and the abstract is marvelous - love the colours of it and could see that on a wall somewhere (y)

Adore the macro abstract it is stunning!........ the rose is also beautiful, gorgeous lighting

Nice catch up love the tones on the rose, the light painting is excellent and the abstract is marvelous - love the colours of it and could see that on a wall somewhere (y)
Thank you, after looking again, I may even get it framed it myself

Great catch up there, the rose shot my fave, nice detail and love the lighting :)

Adore the macro abstract it is stunning!........ the rose is also beautiful, gorgeous lighting
Thanks to both of you , I think I might get this one framed too, especially as it could end up with a bit of meaning to me, but time will tell :)

Oh that's some update, I love the blue well not sure what they are (glass pebbles) but yesterdays for me is stunning, the capture of it and the processing are both spot on :clap:
Thank you :) it is indeed pebbles, light from behind by the wifes tablet (again) I think I get more use from it as a lightboard than she does as a tablet!

Great catch up. Really love the abstract macro :clap:

Thank you too, think I am definitely going to get that one framed, maybe I should pick one a month and frame it or get it printed on canvas.

Anyway, I as I have managed to sneak on at lunchtime here is the last two days.

The coins were inspired by Matt, just representative of countries that have some meaning in my life.

Money, money, money

February 17, 2013-48_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Into the blue.

February 18, 2013-49_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

love the shots in the catch up Chris - love that lamp :)

Struggling a bit trying to recognise what today's is. I do like the light and colour of it though.

Catching up on your catch up & more good images. My favorite is the rose, I like the lighting on that.
Thanks, I have been looking at getting it framed, but I think I will ask my Uncle as he does framing and will be over to visit soon.
Like today's shot....very nice abstract.

50 Works for me, but I do like a nice abstract
Thank you both, as I've said, they appear to be becoming my "go to" when I am short on time, but I do try and make them interesting.

I love the coins but then I would :D and the others are very interesting (y)
Thanks again, as said in your thread, expect to see more "inspired" by you and others :)
love the shots in the catch up Chris - love that lamp :)

Struggling a bit trying to recognise what today's is. I do like the light and colour of it though.

Thank you, I'll give this one away, it's two forks side by side with some light on them.

On to the catchup for the week so far, I've not managed todays yet, but I am out later so hopefully get something then.

Philips happened to be testing new lights on the statue so you could actually see it, so I grabbed a night shot of King Alfred

Who Burnt the Cakes?

February 20, 2013-51_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Meltdown

February 21, 2013-52_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

The Ace Of Spades (inspired by Vince31)

February 22, 2013-53_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Lastly, can you guess where I was yesterday :D
A pano with the compact, five shots stitched together

February 23, 2013-54_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Love the twickers panno, been there a lot of times, and it's always a lot of fun :D though if you've ever done it you want to avoid going right into the god's unless you've got an o2 tank to take with you :eek: what on earth is melt down, looks really cool but not got a clue what it is?

Ace of Spades is really fantastic, but I also really like Meltdown for the swirly, colourful composition! :)

Marvellous work Chris , the ace of spades works well bud !(y)
Thanks Vince, it was my first go, inspired by your pic. Glad you liked it

I like the processing on the soldier shot!
Thanks, I actually took it for a friend, he wants to hang it in his house after getting it printed out.

Ace of spades does it for me!... excellent!

Just excellent....ace of spades is an amazing shot, and love the pano (y)
Thank you both, I like this one a lot too. With all the pics I intend to get framed, I better buy a bigger house!

Love the twickers panno, been there a lot of times, and it's always a lot of fun :D though if you've ever done it you want to avoid going right into the god's unless you've got an o2 tank to take with you :eek: what on earth is melt down, looks really cool but not got a clue what it is?
Ha ha, yes, these were the worst seats I have had there. I seem to manage to blag tickets to the six nations and autumns quite often through work so I can't really complain. First time I took a camera though!

Ace of Spades is really fantastic, but I also really like Meltdown for the swirly, colourful composition! :)
It's just glass vase with my little £1 LEDs shone from either end. It's quite pretty even without the light. Probably looks better with flowers in it, at least that's what the wife tells me. Is that some sort of hint do you think :bonk:

Sorry for the pic dump and run, but I just don't seem to have a lot of time to get on an catch up with everyone on here. I do check the flickr group on my phone a lot though. Will try and catch up on everyone elses threads soon.

Anyway, my quick catchup for the week
Day 55 - Winchester Buttercross - Quick grab with the compact while on pub walkabout.

February 24, 2013-55_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Day 56 - Was trying to catch a coin drop in water, too slow and got bubbles instead

February 25, 2013-56_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Day 57 - Another walkabout in town, but this time with the camera

February 26, 2013-57_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Day 58 - Ink in water that didn't quite work out right :crying: but this was the end result. coloured and inverted

February 27, 2013-58_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Day 59 - The magic lightbulb

February 28, 2013-59_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Day 60 - Just a simple flowers shot

March 01, 2013-60_365 by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Nice update is right! Can't believe I'm so far behind on my own 365 too. That last shot of the smoke is really nice.

Love the processing on the last smoke shot.. brilliant

Back