Over 70's to be asked to self-isolate - how will you pursue your hobby?

J0yIOYV.jpg

Les :)

What nonsense. Wholesalers have food stocks. Both my restaurant suppliers have offered to sell direct to staff as they can sell from stock or source fresh product from their current suppliers. Any Zoo should have an account with a wholesaler and if they given that every restaurant in the country is shut they will be biting their arm off for the custom

What nonsense. Wholesalers have food stocks. Both my restaurant suppliers have offered to sell direct to staff as they can sell from stock or source fresh product from their current suppliers. Any Zoo should have an account with a wholesaler and if they given that every restaurant in the country is shut they will be biting their arm off for the custom
Maybe his wholesaler has no stock?
Our local cash and carry had run out of a lot of things this week.

All we now need is for the Great British Public to do the same.

Yup. Amazing scenes on TV.

I do hope that the message that you can save someone elses life by keeping your distance begins to have an effect.

I do hope that the message that you can save someone elses life by keeping your distance begins to have an effect.

I doubt that many will care about that TBH, its the message that doing so can save your own life that is needed,
Even younger ones can be very seriously ill (youngest so far 18 years) and if, as anticipated, the NHS becomes overwhellmed with Covid-19 victims it could well mean that there simply aren't the resources available to save people with other medical problems/traumas
We now have two friends diagnosed with it, they are younger but they are very ill and it is seriously affecting their younger & older dependants.

Saw the video of that incident, it was Tommy Robinson who intervened, he was passing by with his family in the car - his son I believe recorded the incident as Tommy got out the car to confront them
If so, it’s good to know he has a positive side.

Saw the video of that incident, it was Tommy Robinson who intervened, he was passing by with his family in the car - his son I believe recorded the incident as Tommy got out the car to confront them
If so, it’s good to know he has a positive side.

A fortuitous coincidence! :thinking:

Was watching a few minutes of BBC News Special showing the House of Commons and Barry Gardiner was speaking to full camera ... MP's all separated behind him. Unfortunately the two directly MP's sitting behind him, and also on full camera, were swapping a box of TicTacs between them. Nope message not getting through Mr Speaker!

I had an appointment at the GP this morning. When I got there I saw about 6 A4 notices saying DO NOT ENTER THE SURGERY, POST REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS IN THE LETTER BOX. All other queries call *** **** **** . So I stood back from the door and started to phone them, as I was doing so a woman wearing a mask came along with a handful of prescriptions, opened the door and went in, after a few seconds she came out again, read the notices and put the prescriptions in the box, quite unbelievable.

A fortuitous coincidence! :thinking:

No idea, can only go on what I saw in the video. We don't actually see the guys spit on the couple [if we did now that would certainly be suspicious] , but the couple [the old woman donning a proper swollen shiner] give a brief statement on video as do other eye witnesses who were passing by - paid actors? genuine victims? up to the police to decide I guess, the 3 guys accused are known criminals it seems

No idea, can only go on what I saw in the video. We don't actually see the guys spit on the couple [if we did now that would certainly be suspicious] , but the couple [the old woman donning a proper swollen shiner] give a brief statement on video as do other eye witnesses who were passing by - paid actors? genuine victims? up to the police to decide I guess, the 3 guys accused are known criminals it seems

Ah, the son's (?) video has gone on line? Before or after this was said by the police!

"The force called for anyone with information to contact them and asked people not to post details of those they believe are involved or share footage on social media as it could hamper the investigation."

Ah, the son's (?) video has gone on line? Before or after this was said by the police!

"The force called for anyone with information to contact them and asked people not to post details of those they believe are involved or share footage on social media as it could hamper the investigation."

It was on youtube yesterday, I only saw it as a FB contact shared it

It was on youtube yesterday, I only saw it as a FB contact shared it

Granted, timeline would be relevant.

My cynic button was pressed when I read who the person was, as far as I have read, as he has 'previous' in regard to using the media (in both positive & negative ways?) to his personal advantage.

Granted, timeline would be relevant.

My cynic button was pressed when I read who the person was, as far as I have read, as he has 'previous' in regard to using the media (in both positive & negative ways?) to his personal advantage.

A Policeman is seen in the video approaching him and accusing him of being the aggressor when he came on scene. Later in the vid Tommy names the 3 guys and shows images of them, telling people where they live - that's why it was pulled no doubt, though it's probably still out there in some form. Obviously I'm not going to link to it

Mrs WW showed me a vid on line of someone licking a supermarket trolley handle.

As I get older my heart hardens towards bullies and idiots and to be honest I wish the police would just kick the crop out of people like this or better still find a discrete way of despatching them from this earth as painfully as possible.
Its not all bad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-51958105

...or better still find a discrete way of despatching them from this earth as painfully as possible.
I believe that when people harm others we should use whatever resources we can muster to help their victims and waste the fewest possible on preventing the perpetrators from repeating their crimes.

I'm used to this being an unpopular opinion and resigned to hearing about criminals smuggling drugs and phones into prisons apparently designed specifically to leak like sieves. :(

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
The Corona Virus has been cracked

IT HAS BEEN CREATED BY WOMEN !!
Think about it
1:- No Sports
2:- All Pubs shut
3:- Stay At Home Policy (so you have to get those odd jobs done)
4:- Symptoms of Corona are flu like... THEY KNOW IT'S OUR KRYPTONITE
5:- They had the audacity to name it after a beer

Not funny.

My mate in Thailand said the problem is most Thai people believe Sak Yant tattoos will protect them, they are ignoring the not eating out self-distancing

The good news, sports direct are staying open, they are doing it for our benefit

imagesll.jpg

My mate in Thailand said the problem is most Thai people believe Sak Yant tattoos will protect them, they are ignoring the not eating out self-distancing

Mrs WW is Thai and says she hasn't heard that as a serious belief. Yup to the ignoring of social distancing, selfish and idiotic.

It seems the criteria has changed in just over a week, when this thread started. Now it seems over 70's are not being asked to self isolate but rather practice social distancing like everyone else.

It seems the criteria has changed in just over a week, when this thread started. Now it seems over 70's are not being asked to self isolate but rather practice social distancing like everyone else.

Except that the conditions for doing anything outside have now changed dramatically.

Except that the conditions for doing anything outside have now changed dramatically.
True, but the over 70's can go outside to shop etc, increasing their risk unlike those who are shielded .

True, but the over 70's can go outside to shop etc, increasing their risk unlike those who are shielded .
Indeed ... and with the message about 'social-distancing' still falling on deaf ears they will be very vulnerable.

It's strange that here in France, we have had a 'total' lock down for over a week and everyone is respecting it! Nobody can leave home without a document to confirm who they are, where they are going and why. The supermarkets are full of stock and no panick buying........meanwhile, back in the UK. :runaway:

Well, Mrs Nod needed a few things from her studio so she can teach from home so while we were out, we did a little shopping for an elderly neighbour. Some gaps on shelves but plenty of fresh fruit and veg, milk and bread, as well as the ready meals that the neighbour needed. NO panicky buyers and almost everyone was observing social distancing advice, the only exception being an old woman in Tesco who pushed into me with her stroller... Maybe she was visually impaired or, more probably one of the sharp elbow brigade.

The important thing, is that the police immediately enforced the rules and the public 'bought into it'................I sincerely hope that the UK population (including the idiots) will take it seriously

I agree, but you did specifically state everyone was respecting it and they were clearly not
All countries have some "imbeciles" as the the article calls them, but its not always nice to highlight the UK

Last edited:
Anybody else think that the government are just making it up as they go?

Back