weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

That's a lovely image for Memory, really captures a wonderful moment.

Memory is a great shot, you caught the perfectr expression on the little girl.

Memory is a great shot, you caught the perfectr expression on the little girl.
Thanks Nicky. I was just lining up to get a shot of their hands on the handle. Then this happened :)

That's such a lovely capture... her expression is heart melting!

That's such a lovely capture... her expression is heart melting!
Thanke Helen. The Street Photographer's dilema with a shot like this is I'd love to give Mum a copy - but have no idea who she is!

Week 41 : Downright Upright!

Jubilee Class 45690 'Leander' on the East Lancs Railway today. No wind at all all day. The steam was upright, the rain was downright upright!!!!

Leander simmers in the rain by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot. the rain really adds to it. Great depth to the image with the DOF and contrast drop off working together.

I have to agree with the comments that the rain makes the shot.
It gives it the feel of a shot from back when Black 5's were one of the mainstays of the railway.
(Of course a Std 5 would be better ;) )

I have to agree with the comments that the rain makes the shot.
It gives it the feel of a shot from back when Black 5's were one of the mainstays of the railway.
(Of course a Std 5 would be better ;) )
Ta :)
Nearest I got was an 8F :)

Reactions: LC2
That's very atmospheric Dave.

It's very visceral - one of those shots that you can 'feel' as well as see.
Ta Kell :)

Upright, B&W works well with the shot, remove the people on the far platform and pic could have been taken back in the steam days.

Upright, B&W works well with the shot, remove the people on the far platform and pic could have been taken back in the steam days.

Thanks Keith :)

A great shot Dave and the silhouette of the conductor(?) in the foreground really completes the image.

Excellent mono processing, You've really captured the rain brilliantly

WEEK 42 : Forgotten Wharf

This old goods wharf about 320m from the shore at Hest Bank near Morecambe. It was constructed as a breakwater in 1820 to enable small coasting vessels from Liverpool and Glasgow to discharge their cargoes at Hest Bank, from where they could be transported to the road and up to the canal by horse & cart. Then north and south by canal. It is unknown when the structure was finally enveloped by the sands but there is no further evidence that any part of the jetty was exposed above the sands prior to 2004.

When we moved here in May 2022 there was about a foot of timber and a bit of stonework exposed. By the same time this year about 3m of end wall was uncovered. I couldn't get around to the front view this morning. After getting a few shots I slipped and fell on the slippy mud, whacking my cheekbone on the corner of my camera as it hit the mud! Camera and lens are fine after a good clean. My face, however, looks like someone's inflated half of it! Mrs Oy is keeping an eye on it (pun intended) so it may need a trip to A&E at some point!

1. View at 150mm from the shore.
i-RjkRrDL-X2.jpg

2. A friend of mine dug some musket balls out of those timbers!
i-n9nxjxT-X2.jpg

i-TCzzm8B-X2.jpg

4. A shot after the fall. The hazy bit bottom right is mud on the lens haha!
i-rpb27WZ-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Liking that set Dave, especially your chosen shot.
Hope you're OK and don't need a trip to A&E

The sacrifices you make for the 52... I am impressed.

I like the set, and especially your chosen image.

Good set and interesting back story, hope the injury is not too bad & short wait if you have to visit A&E.

Liking that set Dave, especially your chosen shot.
Hope you're OK and don't need a trip to A&E

The sacrifices you make for the 52... I am impressed.

I like the set, and especially your chosen image.
Good set and interesting back story, hope the injury is not too bad & short wait if you have to visit A&E.

Thanks all - I don;t think it will be an A&E job - but I'm going to have an impressive black eye :runaway: :ROFLMAO:

One time Live View might have been your friend.

Great set and fingers crossed for a swift recovery.
Thanks. No live view - The camera was in my hand at the time. Just landed unluckily right on the bottom corner of the Z9 with my cheekbone.

Back